Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series (1 thru 5)

image.jpeg

3/4 wagers hit tonight. Tried to keep it modest and it worked out. Nice to stay hot after a big weekend. thanks fellas

Profit: $218.35

They should have given arce one too i know they only do 2 but should have given 3.. up a weight class against a dangerous rd1 fighter and he weathered the storm and finished

Share them shits before the fights homie!

I will be playing Julio Arce/Peter Petties under 2.5 @ +150

Light parlay including
Julio arce
Alex perez
Ricky simon
Shelton graves

Might make another play but not till later

This was a few days ago i think, i dunno lol. I narrow it down till the day of the fight then make a final bet. also posted my final slips earlier, easy to get lost in this thread

DW 5 Net: -125.90
jones +165: 30 for 49.50 / U1.5: 73.50 for 50
petties +275: 50 for 137.50 / petties DEC: 25 for 95
perez -160: 80 for 50 / U2.5: 20 for 33
frelow +334: 100 for 333.75 / O2.5: 160 for 100
sims +170: 50 for 85 / U1.5: 103.90 for 70
---

...whatever...

-nice ko by rodriguez in "main event"
-pettis definitely took rd 1 but the short notice and/or adjustments by arce were the difference.
-perez was the bet i was least happy with and the only one i got completely right. go figure.
-it's just great losing splits on +334 dogs. (didn't lose $ on the fight but i was(am) annoyed)
-sims-graves was the worst fight i've seen in a long time. i can't fathom how i got middled there, how can graves POSSIBLY not finish him early in the 2nd.

was fun, i guess?

DW 5 Net: -125.90
-sims-graves was the worst fight i've seen in a long time. i can't fathom how i got middled there, how can graves POSSIBLY not finish him early in the 2nd.

was fun, i guess?

Honestly don't know who to blame more for that lol. Sims for literally not moving at all for 3 minutes or Graves for throwing shots like he's knocking on a door while trying to be quiet. Dana should ban them both from the UFC.

My only bets was arce -250 2.5u for 1u...and a perez/rodriguez double 1u

Even though I lost money tonight I love these fights. I'm curious to see how the UFC treats this going forward.

how many of them are they doing this summer? 8? 10? 12? TBD?

Just watched the first fight, both over and graves ml hit. If I'll get another clean wikicapping sweep I'll crown myself king of this shit,
Last week of vacation but if I dont take a single L I'll take a sickday so I can drink some gin and juice and smoke a blunt with snoop and faber

Ufff my book made a mistake and made Julio Arce as a loss.
Luckily my parlay hit:
Alex Perez
Julio Arce
Ricky Simion
SHELTON GRAVES
40$ to win 134$

Anyway, Im done with big underdogs. One exceptetation is Tony Ferguson against kebab nurmagomedow

Lost my ass on Gray. Gonna have to retool some things as I never would have made a bet on such a 'style vs style' fight like this (usually I similarly skip striker vs striker bouts). With the break in UFCs/Bellator, I have time to re-work things.

Sorry for anyone that tailed - I forced that play for sure. And Gray performed terribly. Broke and tried forcing a takedown after first failed shot.

I was shocked how fast he went out .. I was like wtf ref don't stop it (even tho I had Perez and u2.5)

Then I was like whoa.. he WAS out.. good on the ref...

I was shocked how fast he went out .. I was like wtf ref don't stop it (even tho I had Perez and u2.5)

Then I was like whoa.. he WAS out.. good on the ref...

I almost thought it was a premature stoppage until perez let go and gray was still In neverland staring at the ceiling lol

Preliminary look at next week. I like to see who I'm favoring in my head before the lines come out. Especially since we don't have a bellator/ufc card for a few weeks.

Checco-Byrd: Checco has great BJJ but not much else. Seems pretty hittable. I have a feeling Checco will open as the favorite unless Byrd gets a bump from winning his first DWTNC fight. Leaning Byrd unless he can't deal with Checco's grappling at all.

Dawson-Diaz - Dawson's record isn't from total cans, but Diaz already has a good few fights against higher-level guys (wins and losses). Dawson has great wrestling, okay standup. I think Diaz can overcome it. Lean Diaz. He's also from Stockton.

Reed-Olson - Really difficult to judge this. Both seem solid all around, but Reed is pretty untested and Olson doesn't have any great wins. I'm gonna take the gamble and go with Reed. Don't tail me too hard here tho.

Day-Alvarez - Tossup here. Alvarez was on TUF and got subbed early by Candido. Seems solid otherwise. Both have been cracked once before, but both have solid striking. Leaning Alvarez

Masters-Colleen - Colleen has great striking. KO'd Danielle Taylor in kotc and almost went the full 5 rounds with her in a rematch. Masters has decent standup but great wrestling. Colleen fights out of Renzo Gracie's team but I haven't seen her grappling tested on tape, and definitely seems to favor standup. I have a feeling Masters could still sub her though, as long as she doesn't get rocked on the feet. Leaning Masters. Actually looking forward to this fight a lot too. Both are finishers and look a lot more promising than 90% of the strawweights on the upcoming TUF season

For the first time I'm not super confident about anyone this week, but I'm leaning toward a few I'm expecting to be underdogs. Right now my biggest bet will prob be Diaz unless his line sucks (don't think it will tho judging by Dawson's record). Looking forward to discussing them more with you guys.

Last edited:
Went 3/4 on my pick and hit a underdog in Grayes. This series has been kind to my bankroll, made a profit each event.

Back