Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series (1 thru 5)

small loss tonight.. oh well at least there was some good fights and love the pacing

looking forward to watch more of these cards for sure

Could even sign Anyanwu too purely due to him scoring to KO's in front of Dana.

My guess is Anyanwu, Holobaugh and Salmon get signed.

Salmon + Holo parlay was sooo sharp lol

Fun night. Just 2 hours, a couple good fights and finishes, and a small profit. I'll definitely look forward to this as a weekly thing, especially in August with only one actual UFC card

Going small today but did some tape watch and these are my bets,might add one or two more.

.20u - Greg -190 + Salmon +140 to win .53u

Joby ML - .25U to win .20u

.15u Joby Sanchez/Manny Vazquez Over 2½ -210 + Azunna Anyanwu/Greg Rebello Over 1½ -210 to win .17u

.15u Greg Rebello -190* + Joby Sanchez/Manny Vazquez Over 2½ -210 to win .18u

.15u to win .62u - 3 man parlay
Greg Rebello -190* vs Azunna Anyanwu

Boston Salmon -110* vs Ricky Turcios
Joby Sanchez -130* vs Manny Vazquez

.15u to win .26u
Boston Salmon -110* vs Ricky Turcios
Joby Sanchez/Manny Vazquez Over 2½ -210

Added

$21.00 $20.00 $41.00 Win 7/11/17 9:00pm UFC Fighting 3201 Boston Salmon -105*

$25.00 $68.55 Pending 3 Team Parlay
Win 7/11/17 10:00pm UFC Fighting 3002 Kurt Holobaugh -445* vs Matt Bessette
Win 7/11/17 9:00pm UFC Fighting 3201 Boston Salmon -150* vs Ricky Turcios
Win 7/11/17 8:00pm UFC Fighting 3401 Joby Sanchez -120* vs Manny Vazquez

plus 101.55

WENT SMALL AND IF GREG WOULD HAVE WON IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT NIGHT. ON TO THE NEXT ONE

Kurt Holobaugh and Boston Salmon get the UFC contracts.

Good choice.

Ah, leg problem would explain Salmon not getting out in first gear, damn impressive though.

Although I did awful tonight, the Tuesday night contender series is lit af I'll be watching every week.

i feel so blessed that we get this every tuesday for the entire summer. tuesday is going to be the highlight of my week.

My least favorite type of fighter is someone like Ricky who just spams the shit out of kicks.

Yeah I thought it was pretty clear the Boston won all three rounds. I mean, as a judge you have to be able to differentiate between awkward aggression without clean and effective punches or damage versus effective strikes and damage. Boston was the winner in all of the categories except aggression but forward aggression doesn't win you fights. I mean, that is why they teach counterpunching. Boston ate him up and I didn't really think it was that close at all.

Kurt looked fantastic as well. I think the two correct fighters were picked. I'm glad he chose both of them.. Kurt's boxing has came along way. It's amazing actually if you would have seen it just three years ago.

Unibet got odds. This will be the best or worst thing to ever happen to my bankroll.

I feel like we as a forum in general do well on lower level mma, I mean Invicta got us swimming in money, so this could be golden.

I'm taking Sanchez at 1.80 0.5U for the action.

0.4U up, good job guys! I have a feeling these tuesdays will be good to us.

I wasn't able to watch it given the unruly time zone difference... but thanks the the elite forum members for Sanchez/Holobaugh double.

+1.3u

Yeah I thought it was pretty clear the Boston won all three rounds. I mean, as a judge you have to be able to differentiate between awkward aggression without clean and effective punches or damage versus effective strikes and damage. Boston was the winner in all of the categories except aggression but forward aggression doesn't win you fights. I mean, that is why they teach counterpunching. Boston ate him up and I didn't really think it was that close at all.

Kurt looked fantastic as well. I think the two correct fighters were picked. I'm glad he chose both of them.. Kurt's boxing has came along way. It's amazing actually if you would have seen it just three years ago.

I feel a bit bad for Byrd. Basically everything he threw was with ill intentions. He fought off takedowns and a fighter trying to slow down the fight. Reversed the takedown game in his favor, pounded, and jumped on a sub quickly. You couldn't really ask for a much better performance. I definitely don't have a gripe with Salmon winning and Holobaugh was the clear pick, but Byrd couldn't have done much else to impress. I guess you have to factor in that his opponent was short notice.

I feel a bit bad for Byrd. Basically everything he threw was with ill intentions. He fought off takedowns and a fighter trying to slow down the fight. Reversed the takedown game in his favor, pounded, and jumped on a sub quickly. You couldn't really ask for a much better performance. I definitely don't have a gripe with Salmon winning and Holobaugh was the clear pick, but Byrd couldn't have done much else to impress. I guess you have to factor in that his opponent was short notice.

Yeah O that was probably the thinking, had Byrd beaten Justin Jones like that he gets to go to the UFC most likely. But when you have four or five fights (can't recall how many there were off the top of my head) you can only take so many guys. And taking two of them was pretty cool.

Boston really looked like a fighter that could go pretty far. Definitely a fighter who could immediately win fights in the UFC. Everything that I have watched from him outside the UFC suggest the same. He should be undefeated as the match I watched where he lost a SD was Diego Sanchez/Leonard Garcia territory. His style is extremely clean and he showed amazing TDD to go with that fundamentally sound striking.

And like you said, Holobaugh was an absolute no-brainer. Moreover, Dana said at the end though, they've already made it. I would say if Byrd gets himself another win — or maybe two — on the regional circuit, he probably gets the invitation to the UFC. If he has proper management, that call and pester the shit out of the UFC's front office.

The only definite no for me would've been the HWs. Awful, SMH. I just can't believe we live in 2017 and we still get these D-level aged +205 men trying to make it to the UFC. Like they're main 4 sports scraps. The fourth stringers of FB and BB it seems. I thought by now we'd be getting the highest level athletes gravitating towards MMA but it's devolved. Paul Buentello beats those guys. But, HW boxing has been in a rut for two decades and is just now coming around so maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Just weird that we live in a time where we have all of the technology and proper nutrition and physiological science to perfect the human anatomy and still have big sloppy human mudslides competing in athletic endeavors as arduous as the UFC.

And don't get me started on the bullshit pseudoscience like we saw of TUF 25 Finale with James Krause and his non-efficacious Michael Phelps-esque cupping bruises all over his back. Even worse. Jeremy Stephens does the same thing with his quack guru Naudi Aguilar. Ugh! You should have seen Stephens on Joe Rogan's podcast going over all of the quackery techniques that his charlatan Aguilar espouses. Was so cringe worthy!

Worse still, I worry that a young aspiring athlete looking to improve their physical performance without steroids can unwittingly fall into these sham traps. Because con-artists like Aguilar and his student Stephens sound like they know what they're talking about. Absolutely disgusts me.

Last edited:
I'm thinking most of the guys that win without getting a contract will be on the call list when they need a late replacement.

I'm thinking most of the guys that win without getting a contract will be on the call list when they need a late replacement.

I hope they make this show year round. I know Dana probably wont be able to make it every week but it'd be cool.

Dana was in L.A. like 30 minutes before the fights started haha.

At the very least I'd expect the winners to get another shot on this show, depending on how often they bring it around after summer

Back