Dana White's full crazy interview on TSN today

gt9P4pq.jpg

• On the tone deaf optics of having Rachael Ostovich and Greg Hardy on the same card

Greg Hardy will absolutely remain on the card, he has rehabilitated himself and rebuilt his life. Rachael is totally cool with this. Rachael gave me 75 reasons why she needed to be on this fight, if you want to make it an issue you can make it and issue but this is NOT an issue with Rachael and that is all that matters to me.

Adds that Hardy didn't do ANYTHING to Rachael Ostovich so it doesn't matter anyways, different story and that the UFC has her complete support because she believes in second chances and her story is not his story.

Dana's arrogance and/or foolishness is outstanding. He really isn't looking at the bigger picture. Rachael is fresh off a domestic assault. It LOOKS bad. It's not about how Rachel feels it's about how it LOOKS to the public. It's just bad PR and doesn't help your business.

Isn't there a card the next week?! just move one of them to that.

Ha, Hardy whiners BTFO

I said yesterday that everybody is assuming Rachael gives a fuck about being on the same card as Hardy. Clearly she does not.

So everyone can stop being offended on her behalf now, yes? I mean, even as the recent the victim of physical abuse she says she believes in second chances.

The goof and Rachael speak sense, good on them both.

Damn, not one positive thing said about any of his fighters. What a caulk!

Ha, Hardy whiners BTFO

I said yesterday that everybody is assuming Rachael gives a fuck about being on the same card as Hardy. Clearly she does not.

So everyone can stop being offended on her behalf now, yes? I mean, even as the recent the victim of physical abuse she says she believes in second chances.

The goof and Rachael speak sense, good on them both.
It's 2018, bro. You have to look at every possibility of being offended in every situation, even if it's not you that's offended. You look for other's possible sensitivities, apply them as your own and fucking run with them.

The whole thing is stupid. It's not like they're sharing the same hotel room, they just happen to be on the same fight event. She won't even have to cross paths with him. It's ridiculous.

It's 2018, bro. You have to look at every possibility of being offended in every situation, even if it's not you that's offended. You look for other's possible sensitivities, apply them as your own and fucking run with them.

The whole thing is stupid. It's not like they're sharing the same hotel room, they just happen to be on the same fight event. She won't even have to cross paths with him. It's ridiculous.
Ah, the voice of logic amidst a sea of permanently offended millennials.

Adds that Hardy didn't do ANYTHING to Rachael Ostovich so it doesn't matter anyways, different story and that the UFC has her complete support because she believes in second chances and her story is not his story.

PREACH

that was like 10 years ago. he's past his prime and only wants easy fights
Last Time he fought, There was a belt put around his waist at the end of the fight.

You ↓
sanchez retard.png

Interesting...looks like the 165 lbs division is happening, the Ultimate Fighter is ending, GSP is fighting soon, and Dana is not getting involved in boxing.

<mma4>

I don't think there was anything crazy in that interview. it was a cool one. aside him being clearly salty that sage left
Yeah the sage piece was pretty odd to me ... really odd, actually.

I don't think there was anything crazy in that interview. it was a cool one. aside him being clearly salty that sage left

The PPV part was a bit insane
Saying "UFC is killing it" on PPV & they have no trouble filling the cards was crazy even by DW standards

I didn't have time to do a transcript so this is just me paraphrasing or adding cliff notes to Dana White's crazy-as-usual full interview on TSN today; (Added the full audio over at soundcloud, source at the bottom of the page)

• On the tone deaf optics of having Rachael Ostovich and Greg Hardy on the same card

Greg Hardy will absolutely remain on the card, he has rehabilitated himself and rebuilt his life. Rachael is totally cool with this. Rachael gave me 75 reasons why she needed to be on this fight, if you want to make it an issue you can make it and issue but this is NOT an issue with Rachael and that is all that matters to me.

• On moving Dillashaw/Cejudo from UFC 233 and into UFC Brooklyn

We've been working on all these cards and moving people around, this was perfect, absolute perfect time for the fight.

• On whether Dillashaw/Cejudo could save the division

Listen I don't know, we are going to China and Mexico, building performance institute after performance institute and we are going to find ALOT of smaller people, men and women OK? and who knows, we'll see how this thing plays out... If someone turns into a huge star maybe, who knows...

• On Woodley nursing an injury and 'refusing' to fighting

Listen, just tell me when Woodley wants to fight, this is always an issue with Woodley, UFC is going to move on because the division is stacked and it doesn't matter whether Woodley fights or not, yes there could be an interim title.

• On Colby Covington not taking the big opportunities and missing his shot

I could care less what Colby's reservations are, you either want to be a world champion or you don't, and if you get an opportunity in this business you need to take it IMMEDIATELY. He shoulda took it, he didn't it, we'll see what happens with him, shoulda taken the opportunity when he had the chance.

• On Joanna and Shevchenko

This was the fight to make, we didn't rush it, it's the fight that needs to happen.

• On Max Holloway and Brian Ortega

I love everything about this fight, biggest win streak in the division BOTH STUDS

• On rumors that this is the last season of 'The Ultimate Fighter'

No, listen, we are not scheduled for another season on TV but will continue to do the ultimate fighter and put it on fight pass, maybe it will be on TV maybe not, who knows, we'll see...

• On Chuck, Tito and Oscar De La Hoya

They were in over their heads when they started, Oscar De La Hoya is not a very bright guy, and Tito *laughs* let's not even talk about Tito. I felt bad for Dhuck dealing with those two dummies, it is what it is you know? Chuck is a grown man and can do what he wants, I did talk to him, he is grown.

• On Zuffa Boxing

I've been taking my time and doing the right moves, I AM GETTING INVOLVED IN BOXING and will not do it like Oscar did, I will not dive in headfirst, it will not be the disaster that was Chuck vs. Tito. At the end of the day I can do a better job than they do, all of them at boxing.

• On whether UFC should move away from the PPV model

We have nothing but stacked cards to fill up every PPV, why would we be going away from the PPV model when we are still killing it and having the biggest PPVs in the history of PPVs EVER. Listen, YOU let ME worry about that OK?

• On whether he feels betrayed by Sage Northcutt leaving the UFC

Listen, this wasn't the Sage Northcutt decision to leave on his own, this was a decision on BOTH SIDES, it was the right thing and right move for him and me, he is going to do well financially yeah, but listen I can keep anyone I want to keep OK? This was the right move for both of us, definitely the right move for him, definitely the right move for me, I like the kid, great move by both of us.

• If he thinks there is a great Canadian talent out there that can be champion

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head, can't answer that question. GSP is not interested in fighting, he is sitting back thinking about his perfect fights and that is just not what we do.

• On the rumored 165lb division

Not even thinking about it, not gonna happen, absolutely false.
Thanks for the cliffs.

Here is Dana getting into boxing, he's the boy;

DanaBoxing.gif

The PPV part was a bit insane
Saying "UFC is killing it" on PPV & they have no trouble filling the cards was crazy even by DW standards
yeah, he counted with the mcgregor ppv. but after him getting beaten up, his numbers will drop. also he is pretty hard to negotiate with. also what draw is left? ronda retired, brock is not really reliable, GSP.... who knows what he will do.

Back