Dana White's full crazy interview on TSN today

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Titleboxe, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Titleboxe

Titleboxe Green Belt

I didn't have time to do a transcript so this is just me paraphrasing or adding cliff notes to Dana White's crazy-as-usual full interview on TSN today; (Added the full audio over at soundcloud, source at the bottom of the page)

• On the tone deaf optics of having Rachael Ostovich and Greg Hardy on the same card

Greg Hardy will absolutely remain on the card, he has rehabilitated himself and rebuilt his life. Rachael is totally cool with this. Rachael gave me 75 reasons why she needed to be on this fight, if you want to make it an issue you can make it and issue but this is NOT an issue with Rachael and that is all that matters to me.

Adds that Hardy didn't do ANYTHING to Rachael Ostovich so it doesn't matter anyways, different story and that the UFC has her complete support because she believes in second chances and her story is not his story.

• On moving Dillashaw/Cejudo from UFC 233 and into UFC Brooklyn

We've been working on all these cards and moving people around, this was perfect, absolute perfect time for the fight.

• On whether Dillashaw/Cejudo could save the division

Listen I don't know, we are going to China and Mexico, building performance institute after performance institute and we are going to find ALOT of smaller people, men and women OK? and who knows, we'll see how this thing plays out... If someone turns into a huge star maybe, who knows...

• On Woodley nursing an injury and 'refusing' to fighting

Listen, just tell me when Woodley wants to fight, this is always an issue with Woodley, UFC is going to move on because the division is stacked and it doesn't matter whether Woodley fights or not, yes there could be an interim title.

• On Colby Covington not taking the big opportunities and missing his shot

I could care less what Colby's reservations are, you either want to be a world champion or you don't, and if you get an opportunity in this business you need to take it IMMEDIATELY. He shoulda took it, he didn't it, we'll see what happens with him, shoulda taken the opportunity when he had the chance.

• On Joanna and Shevchenko

This was the fight to make, we didn't rush it, it's the fight that needs to happen.

• On Max Holloway and Brian Ortega

I love everything about this fight, biggest win streak in the division BOTH STUDS

• On rumors that this is the last season of 'The Ultimate Fighter'

No, listen, we are not scheduled for another season on TV but will continue to do the ultimate fighter and put it on fight pass, maybe it will be on TV maybe not, who knows, we'll see...

• On Chuck, Tito and Oscar De La Hoya

They were in over their heads when they started, Oscar De La Hoya is not a very bright guy, and Tito *laughs* let's not even talk about Tito. I felt bad for Dhuck dealing with those two dummies, it is what it is you know? Chuck is a grown man and can do what he wants, I did talk to him, he is grown.

• On Zuffa Boxing

I've been taking my time and doing the right moves, I AM GETTING INVOLVED IN BOXING and will not do it like Oscar did, I will not dive in headfirst, it will not be the disaster that was Chuck vs. Tito. At the end of the day I can do a better job than they do, all of them at boxing.

• On whether UFC should move away from the PPV model

We have nothing but stacked cards to fill up every PPV, why would we be going away from the PPV model when we are still killing it and having the biggest PPVs in the history of PPVs EVER. Listen, YOU let ME worry about that OK?

• On whether he feels betrayed by Sage Northcutt leaving the UFC

Listen, this wasn't the Sage Northcutt decision to leave on his own, this was a decision on BOTH SIDES, it was the right thing and right move for him and me, he is going to do well financially yeah, but listen I can keep anyone I want to keep OK? This was the right move for both of us, definitely the right move for him, definitely the right move for me, I like the kid, great move by both of us.

• If he thinks there is a great Canadian talent out there that can be champion

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head, can't answer that question. GSP is not interested in fighting, he is sitting back thinking about his perfect fights and that is just not what we do.

• On the rumored 165lb division

Not even thinking about it, not gonna happen, absolutely false.

peterparker66, Kwic, Ornife and 11 others like this.
  2. chorley_fm

chorley_fm hotel, motel, holiday inn

3. VirginNose

VirginNose Orange Belt

"GSP is not interested in fighting, he is sitting back thinking about his perfect fights and that is just not what we do."

Except when it's your boyfriend conor.

4. BiGWHOMPS

BiGWHOMPS 604

5. Frank McEdgar

Frank McEdgar SHERDOG

But what about Handy????

<CroCop1>

Kwic, Ornife, cigano and 9 others like this.
  6. FrankieNYC

FrankieNYC "My balls was hot!" Platinum Member

I don't have a chance to listen, but that quote is insane

Ornife, cigano, 275others and 6 others like this.
  7. tonil

tonil ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

8. Sonny Qc

Sonny Qc Gold Belt

Still taking shots at Georges....

That's how you thank your former PPV king Dana?
    22 fights in the UFC, 16 were Titles fights.

Go F*ck yourself bald goof....

9. Boomb

Boomb Hate the game, not the player.

In before don’t believe his lies.

leatherf4ce likes this.
  10. Sansnom

Sansnom Silver Belt

Wait, wasn't Romero supposed to headline the first Espn card? He says Cejudo/Dillashaw has been moved from UFC 233 to headline the Espn card instead.

11. Shano123

Shano123 Yellow Belt

True what dana said about Woodley, when is the guy ever ready? Got his hand injury back in September, I mean come on

12. Londonjitsu

Londonjitsu Green Belt

An interim title for the guy who defended 3 months ago? And has the most defences out of ALL current champions.

While some are literally chilling.

An absolute JOKE

13. C0NCH3TO

C0NCH3TO Silver Belt

Woodley is OLD. At some poiny his stalling games will fire back at him.

Shenti and Killswitch-on like this.
  14. supnmunm

supnmunm Blue Belt

Pretty funny to see he's still salty about GSP making Dana his bitch.

15. Pain4Pain

Pain4Pain Blue Belt

The 165 lb division will probably be added. Why not move welterweight to 175? It only makes sense.

It probably sucks for Dana right now with no few PPV stars to promote.

DC is retiring soon, Conor has 2-3 fights left, Jones's reputation is tarnished and is looking at boxing, no female superstar to promote.

Titleboxe likes this.
  16. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt---- Platinum Member

“GSP is not interested in fighting, he is sitting back thinking about his perfect fights and that is just not what we do.“

Wow he does not even try to cover his own BS. That is exactly what you do and have done.

17. emlax3

emlax3 Brown Belt

This was a good interview for Dana. I agree with him on almost everything for once.

18. Uncommon Valor

Uncommon Valor Super Fly

He just fucked his hand up fighting Till less than 90 days ago and has fought 4 times in within 12 months.

Where was his bitching when Conor wasn't fighting? It's just Dana being a hypocrite as always.

19. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

I don't think there was anything crazy in that interview. it was a cool one. aside him being clearly salty that sage left

20. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

that was like 10 years ago. he's past his prime and only wants easy fights