Dana White won’t rule out Conor McGregor vs. Georges St-Pierre: It’s ‘intriguing’

Would you like to see this "superfight"?

• Total voters

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
As the UFC’s current flagship star, Conor McGregor can make just about any fight a pay-per-view hit. The same was true of former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, who ruled as PPV king during his championship run from 2008-2013.

It’s only natural, then, for fans to speculate of a superfight between two of the sport’s biggest stars now that ‘Rush’ has come out of retirement.

St-Pierre is currently occupied with Michael Bisping, who he will challenge for the middleweight title in a headlining championship bout at UFC 217. McGregor, on the other hand, is expected to return to the Octagon to defend his lightweight belt against Tony Ferguson in late-December or early 2018.

UFC president Dana White is open to the possibility of a McGregor vs GSP superfight next year if both men settle their business in their upcoming bouts.

“GSP would need to defend his title first at 185 [pounds] and Conor has some business to handle himself,” White told TSN in a recent interview, per MMA Weekly’s Damon Martin. It would be a year and a half down the road before we would even talk about that.

“Everybody’s intriguing for Conor McGregor. I mean, if you look at Conor McGregor at 145, 155 and 170 [pounds], everything is intriguing.”

St-Pierre said he doesn’t challenge fighters in lower weight classes but didn’t rule out of the possibility of a fight with ‘The Notorious’.

“He’s an amazing fighter, it would be an amazing honor, but I don’t know. I don’t know what to say. If the fans want it and he wants it maybe it will happen but right now, I’m focused on Bisping,” GSP said earlier this month.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...ews-interview-dana-white-conor-mcgregor-fight

I vote no.

GSP is so much bigger and would just wrestle fuck him for 5 rounds.

Means it's not happening then.

I bet its for the Interim WW championship even when Woodley is actively defending.

I've been calling for this since GSP announced his return.

Watch Conor get a Welterweight title shot after going 1 and 1 with Nate Diaz at 170.

I said undecided. IF he beats Ferguson then I agree it's intriguing. If he loses to Ferguson, it's not intriguing. He needs to fight Ferguson if he wants his career to have any legitimacy at this point.

$

It's not intriguing, GSP will put him on his back and that will be the end, be it sub or decision.

Who the fuck says no. Seriously. Big name vs Big name.
"Nope.
I sure do wanna see Artem Lobev fight soon though."
- Sherdoggers. <Moves>

Last edited:
As the UFC’s current flagship star, Conor McGregor can make just about any fight a pay-per-view hit. The same was true of former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, who ruled as PPV king during his championship run from 2008-2013.

It’s only natural, then, for fans to speculate of a superfight between two of the sport’s biggest stars now that ‘Rush’ has come out of retirement.

St-Pierre is currently occupied with Michael Bisping, who he will challenge for the middleweight title in a headlining championship bout at UFC 217. McGregor, on the other hand, is expected to return to the Octagon to defend his lightweight belt against Tony Ferguson in late-December or early 2018.

UFC president Dana White is open to the possibility of a McGregor vs GSP superfight next year if both men settle their business in their upcoming bouts.

“GSP would need to defend his title first at 185 [pounds] and Conor has some business to handle himself,” White told TSN in a recent interview, per MMA Weekly’s Damon Martin. It would be a year and a half down the road before we would even talk about that.

“Everybody’s intriguing for Conor McGregor. I mean, if you look at Conor McGregor at 145, 155 and 170 [pounds], everything is intriguing.”

St-Pierre said he doesn’t challenge fighters in lower weight classes but didn’t rule out of the possibility of a fight with ‘The Notorious’.

“He’s an amazing fighter, it would be an amazing honor, but I don’t know. I don’t know what to say. If the fans want it and he wants it maybe it will happen but right now, I’m focused on Bisping,” GSP said earlier this month.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...ews-interview-dana-white-conor-mcgregor-fight

I vote no.

If GSP beats Bisping, Conor for the middleweight title!!! ...... haha want to see it happen for the uproar

Mystic UL already predicted this

Watch Conor get a Welterweight title shot after going 1 and 1 with Nate Diaz at 170.

This will probably happen. There is nothing good about fighting Ferg. If he loses he's nothing. No gold not calling shots debunked. Even if he wins he's makes less money than other possible fights. Even Nate is dangerous for him and UFC. Safest and most lucrative is Tyron (who has no fight booked BTW) and hope Conor wins a fight he's not expected to win. Then that sets up GSP Conor.

I said undecided. IF he beats Ferguson then I agree it's intriguing. If he loses to Ferguson, it's not intriguing. He needs to fight Ferguson if he wants his career to have any legitimacy at this point.
how about he beats nate and then fights woodley? it would be outrageous, but not impossible in this WME era. but I think not even them would do such a thing

I vote no.

I think McGregor fears what your presume, and goes for the less difficult money-fight: McGregor vs Diaz 3. Conor can't afford too many losses in a row his hype, ppv sales and earnings will go down if that is the case.

Back