Dana White: "We are making this fight for Conor" / "Does this fight make sense for my business? No."

Such a nice guy! God bless him.

The UFC has never done something for anyone else but themselves. Every time the UFC has to give up ground Dana spins it their way to sound positive.

Dana White has been at it again with several ridiculous statements which appear to have gone under the radar on here.

The other day I heard him say that the Mayweather/McGregor fight doesn't make much sense for his business. Can someone please assist me in explaining what in the blue hell he is talking about? How on earth could an event which will generate over a million PPV buys (at a minimum), which is already a success by UFC standards, be "bad for business". This will be a co-promotion which will take much of the burden and responsibility from the UFC in terms of advertising and costs etc. How could this be bad for business!?

"We are making this fight for Conor"

"And at the end of the day, does this fight make a ton of sense for me? It really doesn’t"

"But Conor wants this thing really bad and I’ve said it many times, the kid’s stepped up and saved some big fights for me, man, so I’m in. I’ll figure it out"

How cute! This idiot really thinks we are stupid enough to believe that this is somewhat of a favor, like they stand to make no money off this and this is all a gift for Conor?

Fuck out of here you bald, bozo fuck.
In a sense, Dana is right. The fight doesn't make sense for the UFC, because if Conor fights Floyd he may never fight in the UFC again.

That's all.

You are putting BOTH phrases in his mouth & he never said either
You know I have no issue with you, but read what I wrote
We have no idea if its co-pro & what Floyd wants & willing to negotiate.
We have no idea the deal UFC/WME made with Conor.

You quoted that DW said

if they are just negotiating for Conor, it is very possible they will make a lot less than if Conor fought for UFC.
Tell me with a straight face that those quotes are honest and accurate, go on.

what would the nbr say if he was running the ufc?
I'd say that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that will likely never be repeated. Conor is at the pinnacle of his stardom and is a huge star, and so is Floyd Mayweather, he's the PPV king. Let's put on the biggest fight in history.

I wouldn't lie through my teeth, that's for sure.

So what is he going to do for all the other fighters on his roster who stepped up and help save a fight? Oh yeah they don't bring in the money Conor does, so they can pretty much eat a dick? Dana being Dana...

kH9mO.gif

I hope Conor gets KO'ed in the first round, Dana goes missing, and UFC goes out of business.

Its all about the cheddar. If the UFC wasn't getting millions for this fight they wouldn't let it happen.

He's right that it makes no sense for the ufc

But X Y Z from the ufc including Dana will pocket some easy $
Dana will be gone soon, another reason for him making it.

They don't care about making it for conor

The other day I heard him say that the Mayweather/McGregor fight doesn't make much sense for his business. Can someone please assist me in explaining what in the blue hell he is talking about? How on earth could an event which will generate over a million PPV buys (at a minimum), which is already a success by UFC standards, be "bad for business".

Because Conor already generates over a million ppv buys. He's their only ppv star and the biggest one they've ever had.

It's bad for business to put him in a situation where he is guaranteed to be embarrassed in front of the world. Its a bad look. And it makes no sense to intentionally kill off their hype train in something that isn't even an mma fight.

win or lose the cross-promotion effect will mean that more causal and newbie mma fans are gained then lost. The crazy promotion before the fight will be tremendously huge.
this, if it wasnt bennifitting ufc it wouldnt be made

You just called the greatest boxer of our generation a geriatric. You fool.

Being great does not make him any younger. If you think people aren't going to point out that the guy that beat him up is 5 years past prime you are kidding yourself. You fool.

@The Natural Born Runner
Dana did an interview where he said that it is 100% a Mayflower production.
So basically (like I said), they are acting as Conor's agent & negotiating for him.

So unless they are getting $50m for UFC, then they would make more if Conor fought 2x by year end for UFC then 1 boxing match

they could have had like 3 conor ppvs by the time this is done....

so yes its not good for business

Back