Dana White: "We are making this fight for Conor" / "Does this fight make sense for my business? No."

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana White has been at it again with several ridiculous statements which appear to have gone under the radar on here.

The other day I heard him say that the Mayweather/McGregor fight doesn't make much sense for his business. Can someone please assist me in explaining what in the blue hell he is talking about? How on earth could an event which will generate over a million PPV buys (at a minimum), which is already a success by UFC standards, be "bad for business". This will be a co-promotion which will take much of the burden and responsibility from the UFC in terms of advertising and costs etc. How could this be bad for business!?

"We are making this fight for Conor"

"And at the end of the day, does this fight make a ton of sense for me? It really doesn’t"

"But Conor wants this thing really bad and I’ve said it many times, the kid’s stepped up and saved some big fights for me, man, so I’m in. I’ll figure it out"

How cute! This idiot really thinks we are stupid enough to believe that this is somewhat of a favor, like they stand to make no money off this and this is all a gift for Conor?

Fuck out of here you bald, bozo fuck.

Last edited:
Stop making threads
giphy.gif

Dana White has been at it again with several ridiculous statements which appear to have gone under the radar on here.

The other day I heard him say that the Mayweather/McGregor fight doesn't make much sense for his business. Can someone please assist me in explaining what in the blue hell he is talking about? How on earth could an event which will generate over a million PPV buys (at a minimum), which is already a success by UFC standards, be "bad for business". This will be a co-promotion which will take much of the burden and responsibility from the UFC in terms of advertising and costs etc. How could this be bad for business!?

"And at the end of the day, does this fight make a ton of sense for me? It really doesn’t"

"But Conor wants this thing really bad and I’ve said it many times, the kid’s stepped up and saved some big fights for me, man, so I’m in. I’ll figure it out"

How cute! This idiot really thinks we are stupid enough to believe that this is somewhat of a favor, like they stand to make no money off this and this is all a gift for Conor?

Apart from making money there is another aspect which is very good for the UFC - they are putting their MMA fighter in the top headlines, all the news, gossip, social networks etc. People are going to read up on who Conor is and what MMA is - and what the UFC is.

If Conor manages to survive the entire fight (even if he gets picked apart in every round) media will make a new Rocky story from this. That's the best advertising stunt the UFC could ever imagine.

Finally, if by some amazing fluke Conor actually WINS - man, that could be the death of boxing and a huge influx of new MMA fans.

Dana is so full of $hit.

{<jordan}

Dana please.

NgPHwyj.png

I'm not sure that having his biggest star ever battered by a geriatric retiree is great for his business honestly.

If Conor wins he's probably not coming back to the UFC. If he loses, Dana's brand suffers. It's honestly not ideal as a trade for half of a big PPV.

MMA's #1 star will get annihilated. And Dana knows it.

And he is not delusional enough to think most dumb casuals will not laugh about Conor and MMA for that matter. They will just see a boxer dancing around and embarassing a MMA fighter who prides himself as the best with boxing being his best weapon.

Unless a miracle happens this will not do much if anything at all for the UFC and it might hurt the stock of it's #1 star if he is even willing to keep fighting afterwards. If not the UFC is in for a big loss here.

They will get some cash for the event but I am pretty sure they make much more with every normal UFC event with Conor headlining especially if his pay does not exceed $25 million. If not then definitely with two events.

What's so hard to understand? Dana makes money from Conor fighting in the UFC. That's his 4 billion dollar business.

There's no need to branch out into boxing, it's just something they're doing for Conor.

Apart from making money there is another aspect which is very good for the UFC - they are putting their MMA fighter in the top headlines, all the news, gossip, social networks etc. People are going to read up on who Conor is and what MMA is - and what the UFC is.

If Conor manages to survive the entire fight (even if he gets picked apart in every round) media will make a new Rocky story from this. That's the best advertising stunt the UFC could ever imagine.

Finally, if by some amazing fluke Conor actually WINS - man, that could be the death of boxing and a huge influx of new MMA fans.
win or lose the cross-promotion effect will mean that more causal and newbie mma fans are gained then lost. The crazy promotion before the fight will be tremendously huge.

I'm not sure that having his biggest star ever battered by a geriatric retiree is great for his business honestly.

If Conor wins he's probably not coming back to the UFC. If he loses, Dana's brand suffers. It's honestly not ideal as a trade for half of a big PPV.
You just called the greatest boxer of our generation a geriatric. You fool.

I'm more curious as to what all these big fights he saved, are.

It's a no win situation.

Conor gets rekt, UFC is laughed at.

Conor wins, he doesn't ever return to the UFC. He's made his money, he'll probably retire or stay in Boxing.

Y'all really have no clue who THE NATURAL BORN RUNNER is do you?
It used to be Lyoto Machida before he started knocking people out and took the belt. ;)

j/k

It's a no win situation.

Conor gets rekt, UFC is laughed at.

Conor wins, he doesn't ever return to the UFC. He's made his money, he'll probably retire or stay in Boxing.

Lol what? If Conor wins, UFC is validated more than ever. Dana could legitimately say he killed boxing omce and for all lol.

It used to be Lyoto Machida before he started knocking people out and took the belt. ;)

j/k
I remember those days. Good times. Little did I know that dude would easily be one of my favorite fighters ever.

Lol what? If Conor wins, UFC is validated more than ever. Dana could legitimately say he killed boxing omce and for all lol.

Lol and loses his biggest star that draws.

At least he'll get those 250k PPV buys with woodley and co lol.....

Lol and loses his biggest star that draws.

At least he'll get those 250k PPV buys with woodley and co lol.....

More than worth it for Dana's ego. Conor wasn't going to be fighting very long anyway. 3-4 fights max.

But beating a top 5 GOAT boxer will last forever.

Back