DANA WHITE TRASHES THE BOXING INDUSTRY HERE IS MY RESPONSE

Boxing is all about the headline fight, but the UFC is becoming like that aswell.

Fake tough guy Dana Wife Beater acting and talking like he's an ex fighter. You know Roy Jones respects the hands of Uncle Dana!
Screen-Shot-2018-08-24-at-11.08.22.png

Hahahaha Dana is so salty and I love it.

He was straight out talking out of his ass on purpose, he knows damn well that ufc ppv’s are promoted around the ufc not the fighters, thats why ufc ppv’s are named after the ufc, boxing ppv’s are literally named after the fighters and not the IBF presents Thurman vs Garcia or Top Rank 181, he knows this so he vents out of frustation over his baby dick and boxing still raking in millions

Well I agree with one thing that Dana said anyway. Most boxing events don't have strong undercards. Not much of a supporting cast to the main eventers. Occasionally we'll get a double header but it's rare that the whole card is stacked from top to bottom. That's one area where the UFC does better.

Well I agree with one thing that Dana said anyway. Most boxing events don't have strong undercards. Not much of a supporting cast to the main eventers. Occasionally we'll get a double header but it's rare that the whole card is stacked from top to bottom. That's one area where the UFC does better.
There are definitely some benefits to punters when the Orgs have more power than the individuals.

Obviously you don't wanna hear about fighters on Reebok deal money, but the point still stands.

dana's right. he's made MMA cool for everyone, even outsiders/casuals, etc.

the most consistent rhetoric from boxing fans, including on this forum, is that boxing is classier and more elite than MMA/UFC. hardcore boxing fans sneer at celebrity fights, despite the public appeal. and they sneer at MMA, despite how it's grown dramatically through the efforts of only a few people in a few decades, chiefly dana. no one really likes the state of modern boxing. what defines the modern boxing fan is opposition to what they believe to be inferior, that the educated boxing fan "knows better" than to enjoy celebrity fights or MMA.

marketing is important. it's not a sport, it's a spectator sport. and the UFC's production values and hype are off the charts. theyve consistently succeeded even when they lose top guys. theres always a next top guy when the production machine is well-oiled.

Hate Dana all you want but boxing would be better off with a version of him in it.

dana's right. he's made MMA cool for everyone, even outsiders/casuals, etc.

the most consistent rhetoric from boxing fans, including on this forum, is that boxing is classier and more elite than MMA/UFC. hardcore boxing fans sneer at celebrity fights, despite the public appeal. and they sneer at MMA, despite how it's grown dramatically through the efforts of only a few people in a few decades, chiefly dana. no one really likes the state of modern boxing. what defines the modern boxing fan is opposition to what they believe to be inferior, that the educated boxing fan "knows better" than to enjoy celebrity fights or MMA.

marketing is important. it's not a sport, it's a spectator sport. and the UFC's production values and hype are off the charts. theyve consistently succeeded even when they lose top guys. theres always a next top guy when the production machine is well-oiled.
Boxing is viewed by the general public as a classier sport than MMA. It isn't just some oldhead boxing elitists' perspective. The sport has been around a lot longer and its history is rich. Another reason it's more accepted by society is because it's considered less barbaric despite boxing actually being more dangerous. MMA fans don't have to like it but that's just how it is. Maybe over time its image will improve. Especially with newer generations coming along that are already familiar with it.

We need Tim to coach one of these youtubers and get into the “influencer” boxing.

Later in that interview he comments on kook Oscar De La Hoya's plea to come together.

But he left out Al Haymon who could spend the money to put on a big show.

Most boxing promotions would want their big show in Saudi Arabia these days so they can make more money instead of paying out ahead of their big event, and as Arum has said by using Saudi money they don't lose fighters to Al Haymon.

The issue Dana was talking about paying ahead for major events Think of all the money that went into such historical events like Don King's "Thrilla in Manila", or "The Rumble in the Jungle" so much was spent to put on these events out of pocket they were not counting on gate fees or streaming rights, where are these people to put on these events Dana wants them back.

To those who slam Dana for slapping his wife... Don King killed people but the events he put on are history. Don did a little prison time would you feel better if Dana did a little time a day a week, that is up to his wife and probably will happen in the future.

Last edited:
Dana can't do anything in boxing. Let him come with those piss poor purses and get laughed out of the business. And Tim doesn't know much about Dana if he thinks he treats his fighters better than boxing promoters. Tim did get burned, he was one of the foremost anti-Don King spokespeople back in the 80's but even if Don cheated his fighters they still made more than the UFC guys.

I just wish the ufc guys would shuttup about boxing, they are always comparing themselves in some way to the sport when there really isn't much comparison. I've been around mma guys and boxers, totally different types of people. As far as acceptibility, I don't think any form of violence will ever be accepted by the public without some serious reservations. I don't watch much of either anymore, UFC I lost interest in awhile ago and boxing certainly hasn't gotten better since I started watching.

Dana can't do anything in boxing. Let him come with those piss poor purses and get laughed out of the business. And Tim doesn't know much about Dana if he thinks he treats his fighters better than boxing promoters. Tim did get burned, he was one of the foremost anti-Don King spokespeople back in the 80's but even if Don cheated his fighters they still made more than the UFC guys.

I just wish the ufc guys would shuttup about boxing, they are always comparing themselves in some way to the sport when there really isn't much comparison. I've been around mma guys and boxers, totally different types of people. As far as acceptibility, I don't think any form of violence will ever be accepted by the public without some serious reservations. I don't watch much of either anymore, UFC I lost interest in awhile ago and boxing certainly hasn't gotten better since I started watching.
Most of this is off topic. But let's address it. Dana pays his fighters what they sign up to fight for, and sometimes more, not the Don King way of promising more then he delivers.

Dana can help boxing as in paying for big events to be put on, not fighter pay as that is not the subject. Putting on the events.

Most of this is off topic. But let's address it. Dana pays his fighters what they sign up to fight for, and sometimes more, not the Don King way of promising more then he delivers.

Dana can help boxing as in paying for big events to be put on, not fighter pay as that is not the subject. Putting on the events.
they'd need the talent to fill cards, something that is just not there like it was when King was putting on solid cards in the 80's and 90's. King was a great promoter.

Dana would not be able to make it in that world. He's used to having it all his way, he can't have that with boxers.

Back