Dana white shopping for some swords

It's not a good thing to buy ancient family heirlooms illegally looted from the corpses of dead Japanese soldiers.

Seriously immoral shit.
Seppuku is the only answer. Dana, you know what to do. RIP

This is what happens when a retard from south Boston gets millions of dollars.

Great...
This thread again.

He probably didn't even buy them. Just from watching that clip I can tell that this show is fake as fuck

That is such obviously scripted crap. Do they actually pretend that this is how the interactions really happen?

You know someone is too bored and fucking rich when all that's left to do in life is some bullshit like making a weapon's room

It's not a good thing to buy ancient family heirlooms illegally looted from the corpses of dead Japanese soldiers.

Seriously immoral shit.

Sorry Buff you are a good dude but I am gonna have to disagree with you here. If I had to leave my home and family to go fight the Japanese in a brutal war across the Pacific because my country was sneak attack bombed you bet your ass I would jack a katana while there.

And whatever I chose to do with the sword after that is my decision.

What is with Americans and their fascination with ancient Japanese artifacts?

I thought you guys kicked their asses already.

Nah.

I wrote this in the other thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dana-white-on-pawn-stars-full-clip.3706423/

I didn't verbalise my first statement in this thread very well... I'm hungover. I went way more detail the other day, it's a very particular issue, unlike theft of artifacts, as the loss of the swords directly affects individuals to this day.

What part of the convention does it contravene , and the Japanese did not ratify or abide by the terms of the convention so fuck em .

Sorry Buff you are a good dude but I am gonna have to disagree with you here. If I had to leave my home and family to go fight the Japanese in a brutal war across the Pacific because my country was sneak attack bombed you bet your ass I would jack a katana while there.

And whatever I chose to do with the sword after that is my decision.

It's really up to the current owner... What makes the swords unique is that it's not a theft of the counyry's riches like gold for example - it's directly depriving future generations of a birth right, and directly stealing legacies from families themselves. Those families are also traceable very easily through the markings and inscriptions that get added to the swords through the centuries, and there are charities all.jver Japan that buys these swords and return them where they're supposed to be.

I wrote a much more detailed bunch of facts in the bigger thread... Personally for me it's bad taste - like selling tiger skins or ivory, and it was also illegal to loot the corpses for personal gain back in the day, regardless of what they did to others.

Also hardly any of the original swords stated with the GIs who had no idea to take care of them, and a lot of them degenerated and were simply thrown away, or sold to pawn shops for pennies... Nothing hood came out of stealing those swords apart from giving rich fucks like Dana, who gives around shits about how sacred the swords are, or their history something to hang on their wall.

Also, just FYI the greatest of all of the Japanese katanas was stolen from a battlefield, and nobody knows where it is in America. the thing is worth $67 and it probably rusted away after some GI tried to open a coconut with it and failed to clean it oil the blade, and it got sold for scrap like so many others.

It's a tragedy if you're into swords, which I am.

What part of the convention does it contravene , and the Japanese did not ratify or abide by the terms of the convention so fuck em .
The Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 explicitly prohibits the looting of civilian property during wartime.[20] The Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 (modified in 1954) obliges military forces not only to avoid destruction of enemy property, but to provide protection to it.[21] Theoretically, to prevent such looting, unclaimed property is moved to the custody of the Custodian of Enemy Property, to be handled until being returned to its owner.

That eye for an eye shit doesn't work in war dude. Plus the swords are wasted on Americans because they don't care about the maintenence, upkeep, significance, or history of each sword.

Back