Dana White Says Khabib Ain't Quitting UFC, 'We Worked It Out'

I do have to give Dana credit. He's gotten much better at working with the media. Actually taking the time to answer. Dodging a few questions, sure, but he's giving some information and being cordial. That generates "copy" (err clicks in 2018) and keeps all these guys in the news, so it's a win-win. He's turned himself into a good PR guy over the years.

Nobody ever thought he was.

But if he doesnt fight Conor next they will strip his title 100%
Yeah, because Khabib lucked out and just dominated Conor every second for 4 rounds.

So salty you are, Khabib bless you idiot.

Dana changed his tune from "they'll never fight in the UFC again" to "we'll see what happens."

How Dana of him.

The Bald Goof is nothing if not consistent. Well consistent in his inconsistency lol.

Damn you for making me like a TMZ video.

I do have to give Dana credit. He's gotten much better at working with the media. Actually taking the time to answer. Dodging a few questions, sure, but he's giving some information and being cordial. That generates "copy" (err clicks in 2018) and keeps all these guys in the news, so it's a win-win. He's turned himself into a good PR guy over the years.
We still can't believe what he says. He talks shit all the time. It wouldn't surprise me to see Khabib say nothing has been worked out yet.

Dana has been known to announce fights before even consulting the fighters.

Dana changed his tune from "they'll never fight in the UFC again" to "we'll see what happens."

How Dana of him.

The Bald Goof is nothing if not consistent. Well consistent in his inconsistency lol.

Damn you for making me like a TMZ video.

I think he wants to shed the blame on NSAC. They'll likely come down hard on Khabib's boys because hopping into a ring as a bystander should be the #1 thing NOT to happen. NSAC opens themselves up to legal action if guys jump in and injure a fighter, especially AFTER they just fought and are spent. So an example will be made.

They might let Khabib off more leniently if the evidence shows Dillon was spouting off racist shit to trigger Khabib.

Dana is pretending... He knows the risk he is taking right now. Let's wait this novel.

So dana showed khabib who was boss. Zabit is still cut and kahbib will still fight. Dana 2, khabib 0.

We still can't believe what he says. He talks shit all the time. It wouldn't surprise me to see Khabib say nothing has been worked out yet.

Dana has been known to announce fights before even consulting the fighters.
And yet ppl still fall for his lies

I think he wants to shed the blame on NSAC. They'll likely come down hard on Khabib's boys because hopping into a ring as a bystander should be the #1 thing NOT to happen. NSAC opens themselves up to legal action if guys jump in and injure a fighter, especially AFTER they just fought and are spent. So an example will be made.

They might let Khabib off more leniently if the evidence shows Dillon was spouting off racist shit to trigger Khabib.
I don't even think Conor got disciplined for jumping the Bellator cage and fighting referees to celebrate his friend's win. He even bumped the guy who just got knocked out.

I think Dana is hoping the commission gives Khabibs friend basically a lifetime ban so the UFC will have no other reason than to cut him. I think thats why Dana is so hesitant to go into details about how they worked it all out. Dana still wants to have that last lifeline of not having the UFC give into Khabibs demands publically. I wouldnt be surprised if Dana gives his friend Trump a call to ban the guy from never visiting the US again. That way Dana cant be blamed by Khabib for cutting the guy. If the government or the commission does Danas job, Dana is hoping Khabib will stay despite his friend getting cut.

If the government or the commission wont ban the guy, I think thats when Dana will come out and give all the details and basically indirectly admit defeat. Til then, we have to wait. So Dana is playing the waiting game right now.

This is only my theory though.

Those TMZ guys are just flat out annoying. I don't know how people manage to actually tolerate answering their questions for several minutes. I'd answer a question or two and be like "welp, gotta go."

I don't even think Conor got disciplined for jumping the Bellator cage and fighting referees to celebrate his friend's win. He even bumped the guy who just got knocked out.

Yeah but he wasn't targeting the fighter. The ref was seen as being aggressive first, and Conor pushed him.

This is maybe the only time in MMA where guys jumped in and attacked the fighter.

And every situation is unique, so they're not going to take previous events (ie: Conor throwing the dolly) into account. That incident was litigated already and Conor suffered some financial loss from it and occurred months ago. Khabib crying unfair treatment for his jumping into a crowd or his boys attacking is just lazy deflection off a boneheaded decision on his part.

One more point, Dana knew that extracurricular fighting was possible, which is why he and the NSAC officials met with both camps TWICE on fight night to remind them that afterwards only Dana was allowed into the ring and he'd decide who came in. Khabib's cousin and his two training partners didn't listen clearly. These are some of the reasons why the hammer will come down on them. They were warned, and they didn't care.

Yeah but he wasn't targeting the fighter. The ref was seen as being aggressive first, and Conor pushed him.

This is maybe the only time in MMA where guys jumped in and attacked the fighter.

And every situation is unique, so they're not going to take previous events (ie: Conor throwing the dolly) into account. That incident was litigated already and Conor suffered some financial loss from it and occurred months ago. Khabib crying unfair treatment for his jumping into a crowd or his boys attacking is just lazy deflection off a boneheaded decision on his part.

One more point, Dana knew that extracurricular fighting was possible, which is why he and the NSAC officials met with both camps TWICE on fight night to remind them that afterwards only Dana was allowed into the ring and he'd decide who came in. Khabib's cousin and his two training partners didn't listen clearly. These are some of the reasons why the hammer will come down on them. They were warned, and they didn't care.
Different situations I agree. But let's not forget Conor climbed on the fence and punched Khabib's guy in the face. It's only after this happened that the other guy from Khabib's camp climbed in the cage to punch him back.

Lets see how all of this unfolds, but considering no one got hurt and it was more of a scuffle than anything, the punishment shouldn't be too severe.

Conor got a slap on the wrist for what he did with the dolly thing. He's lucky no one was seriously injured.

Back