Dana White: Romero will fight Whittaker next.

Jacare, he beat Romero. Decision was a robbery. They should rematch for next title shot. Or just give it to Jacare.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Jacare got TKO'd by Whittaker in the first round.

As much as I think Yoel missing weight was bullshit, Yoel Vs Whittaker is the only fight that makes sense right now.

<JagsKiddingMe>

As much as I think Yoel missing weight was bullshit, Yoel Vs Whittaker is the only fight that makes sense.
Whittaker just beat Romero though. Decisively. On one leg. Jacare deserves a damn title shot before he retires.

I definitely thought Jacare won his split decision loss to Yoel, so its a bummer he's getting cast aside again here.

I'd much rather see Whittaker fight someone new as opposed to an immediate rematch with Yoel.

You shouldn't lose to the champion, win one fight where you missed weight by several lbs, then rematch the champ.
let us not forget the "tainted supplement" right after the fight.
IMO that fight should have been reversed to a NC... in which case Jacare should have been next

<JagsKiddingMe>

As much as I think Yoel missing weight was bullshit, Yoel Vs Whittaker is the only fight that makes sense right now.
nah.
If anything Yoel & Jacare should be made for the interim.
It Yoel misses weight again, he is out of MW, same way Kelvin got booted from WW.

This would punish Yoel for missing weight, and allow Jacare a shot at the title as well.

Whittaker just beat Romero though. Decisively. On one leg. Jacare needs deserves a damn title shot.
Are you retarded?

Yoel did 5 rounds and lost by UD.

Jacare got TKO'd the fuck out. It doesn't warrant a rematch.

Are you retarded?

Yoel did 5 rounds and lost by UD.

Jacare got TKO'd the fuck out. It doesn't warrant a rematch.
Fine, Jacare vs Romero for next title shot. Jacare beat Romero in many people's eyes. Whittaker outclassed Romero over 5. He caught Jacare with a shot. I would rather see Jacare fight him again, though I think it's moot, Whittaker will beat both.

Fine, Jacare vs Romero for next title shot. Jacare beat Romero in many people's eyes. Whittaker outclassed Romero over 5. He caught Jacare with a shot. I would rather see Jacare fight him again, though I think it's moot, Whittaker will beat either one.
That seems like a good plan. Just don't know what's going to happen with Romero's leg. It seems pretty bad. And we still don't know when Whittaker will be back..

Let Rob heal fully, make Romero/Jaracre 2....1st fight was close and they are both coming of big KO victories.

I definitely thought Jacare won his split decision loss to Yoel, so its a bummer he's getting cast aside again here.

I'd much rather see Whittaker fight someone new as opposed to an immediate rematch with Yoel.

You shouldn't lose to the champion, win one fight where you missed weight by several lbs, then rematch the champ.

Agree that Jacare beat Yoel, but he also lost to Whittaker last year so it's not like that would be a new matchup

That's your definition and you are welcome to it. I say it was well managed clear victory by Rob. To me a 'way too close' fight requires the decent possibility that it could go either way in a decision.
Yea, fair enough. Personally a fight that can go either way is usually controversial, I thought that that one wasnt, but one rd difference is still a close fight, any rd couldve been different with a huge strike or td...

But yea semantics

Damn. Their first fight was shit IMO.

Rob gets a rematch if he loses probably...fuck that.
Probably not an immediate one though, since he wouldn't have had any defenses at all. Sure if he won his next fight or two of course they'd make the rubber match.

I’ve read several posts mentioning Bisping.

Bisping received the short end of the stick. It’s been 4 months since the GSP loss and now we’re not sure if he is retiring this year. He took a short notice fight since he was a “company guy” and was defeated in the first.

He has literally been booted out of the mix.

I believe a Rockhold vs Bisping 3 is in order. Winner gets a shot at top contender and then title shot. They will need 3 wins in a row in the wackiest MMA division in the world.

Wasn't overly close, BUT Yoel always had a solid chance in those limbs of his. I believe Rob finishes him this time with no injuries.

It was 48-47, and Romero was competitive in the fifth. That's close.

nah.
If anything Yoel & Jacare should be made for the interim.
It Yoel misses weight again, he is out of MW, same way Kelvin got booted from WW.

This would punish Yoel for missing weight, and allow Jacare a shot at the title as well.
No more stalling, Yoel is a lock for the belt. Jacare is dunzos.

No more stalling, Yoel is a lock for the belt. Jacare is dunzos.
you do understand he just beat Brunson and is the #2 contender (behind Yoel)?
I mean you are not only blatantly wrong, but your reason for dismissal is aninine at best.

Back