Dana White: Romero will fight Whittaker next.

he deserves it. Plus he doesnt have much longer in this fight game so they better not pull a Maia on him.

dumb its just gonna put another loss on romeros record doesnt seem like hes ever gonna get that belt

they are setting a bad example, these fighters coming in, not making weight, destroying their opponent, and rising them up in the rankings. off the top of my head, this same thing just happened with josh emmett, he came in way overweight, won, and now is in line for a title shot. i think he was ranked like 11th at the time. smh. dont get me wrong im glad yoel won and smashed rockhold, but this is a trend that has to end!!!! whats the sense of coming in on weight?? in big fights, give up some of your purse, come in a few pounds over, so u have a huge advantage over your opponent, smash him, and move up the ranks. theres no downside

Of course he is.

Not only is he the most deserving but Dana knows people will tune in to watch Romero.

Mid year he said last week.

Ironically, it looks like Romero might have a leg injury now.

Interim title fight between Israel and Bisping in London?

<Oku02>
Fucking hell he better not be injured after that dumb shit.

It's not my favorite outcome after he missed weight, but he makes more sense than anybody else. It's not like the Rockhold fight is reasonable after tonight, and Weidman needs another win.

lol the interim shit is sucha joke and Yoel took it as such by missing weight

I would rather see Whitaker fight someone else but the top 4 contenders: Romero, Weidman, Jacare, and Gastelum, are all on 1 fight win streaks so what can you do.

Tony Ferguson: Longest active 10 fight win streak in the UFC, interim title holder, never missed weight, never failed a test by USADA; doesn't get a shot at the real title

Yoel Romero: Misses weight by over 3 lbs, popped by USADA after being gifted a decision against Jacare, on a 1 fight win streak after missing weight; gets to rematch Whittaker (who beat him while fighting injured, less than a year ago) for the real belt

UFC promotion is an absolute embarrassment. Them and WME are in for a hilariously rude awakening when they post numbers that make 2014 look like the most profitable ever after Conor once again doesn't return with Brock, Jones, and Ronda all suspended/retired.

Thats just plain wrong. Theres no way he should get the next TS unless he gets past Bisping first

I'd still love to see Branch vs Romero I think it would be a great fight. Maybe if Whittaker isnt ready Romero will will fight the Santos vs Branch winner.

Bobby Knuckles will win even easier next time around on two good legs. The thing we know about rematches between old fighters and young fighters where the young fighter has already won is that the only thing that changes in the rematch is that the young fighter wins even easier.

I'd still love to see Branch vs Romero I think it would be a great fight. Maybe if Whittaker isnt ready Romero will will fight the Santos vs Branch winner.

Worst possible matchup for branch

Won’t be able to get the td and gets violently finished

Bobby Knuckles will win even easier next time around on two good legs. The thing we know about rematches between old fighters and young fighters where the young fighter has already won is that the only thing that changes in the rematch is that the young fighter wins even easier.
Fear is real
Insecurity is real
Romero is real and he will KTFO Whittaker next time around

I still wanna see Yoel KO Bisping tbh

If Bisping doesn't fight Romero, then he's officially retiring on a duck.

Might as well say Romero made Bisping retire...kind of like what Khabib's doing with Conman.

I can't see much changing from the first fight, and Whittaker was injured in that too. I also think a really good 25 year old beats a really good 41 year old

Back