Dana White on Tito Managing Cyborg: She

I like Cyborg, but if it was a choice, Dana definitely made the right decision choosing Ronda. Infinitely more marketable while still being very talented.

I'd agree before.
but they are killing her "marketability" on this TUF :redface:

Everyone acts like she could cut to 135 easy, such BS

Dehydrating yourself is very dangerous, see the guy who just died in brazil

Everyone acts like she could cut to 135 easy, such BS

Dehydrating yourself is very dangerous, see the guy who just died in brazil

No one's really expecting her to "cut" to 135. She would have to lose the weight naturally, which would mean she would have to lose some muscle--something she refuses to do, because she wouldn't be able to overpower and bully her opponents like she normally does.

That's an interesting imaginary story. I guess Scott Coker was a liar too. Strange that this claim of not being signed by Strikeforce didn't come about until after it was Zuffa that owned Strikeforce.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. M-1's ownership are known liars, and I don't doubt that Dana White worded the way he said it to his benefit. The reality is, Showtime doesn't have an MMA organization. So while Fedor's contract might have had terms with CBS, once he was "cut" by Strikeforce, it continued to have events on Showtime, and Fedor never fought again on any CBS network.

If your side of the story is correct, then Fedor and Evgeni Kogan are liars. I know which group you will call a liar though because of your preconceived notions regarding Fedor's contractual situation at the time.

How did he never fight on a Showtime card? Showtime outsourced him to their parent company, CBS for his first fight and his next 2 fights where both broadcast exclusively on Showtime in the USA.
They still speak English in England right? I know most of the spoken language is indecipherable colloquial jibberish masquerading as English, but you should be able to read it still, right?

He said " he never fought on a Showtime card after the cut". As in Strikeforce said he was cut, and then he never fought again on Showtime or CBS (who owns Showtime). And this, despite the fact that Strikeforce held 11 more events over the next year and a half that were broadcast on Showtime.

If your side of the story is correct, then Fedor and Evgeni Kogan are liars. I know which group you will call a liar though because of your preconceived notions regarding Fedor's contractual situation at the time.
It's not a preconceived notion. I just look at the facts.

Showtime doesn't own an MMA organization for Fedor to fight in.
Showtime is owned by CBS (not the other way around).
Fedor debuted on CBS, not Showtime, so why was his contract with Showtime, and not CBS?
Fedor lost three fights in a row in particularly decisive fashion, and never fought for Strikeforce, or on Showtime, ever again.

Things don't add up. And well, do we take the word of Dana White, or the Russian mob? You pick your side, lol

They're so huge that they demanded co-promotion if you had Fedor fight in your org.

If they're so huge, they wouldn't have needed it.

they wanted to break into US market.
Nothing wrong with that.

And while I tend to agree with UFC for not accepting co-promoting, the fact they denied does not make it a terrible offer from M-1.
They DID have the best HW in their roster.

I fuckin' love how people go out of their way to bash Tito and his business ventures.

"Ohh, well, he's not making any money, there" "No money in that", etc.

How the fuck do you know, Bill Gates? You all post here, that's why you know so much about the business world, right...lol

How did he never fight on a Showtime card? Showtime outsourced him to their parent company, CBS for his first fight and his next 2 fights where both broadcast exclusively on Showtime in the USA.

Again, try to read before posting in emotion here.

After it was announced that he was "cut from Strikeforce" Fedor never again fought on a Showtime card, despite M-1 saying Fedor's contract was "with Showtime."

Showtime held several more MMA cards on their network, both M-1 and Strikeforce, after he was "cut." Why was he never on ANY of those cards, despite being "under contract with Showtime"?

Like I said, if he was truly under contract with Showtime, he would have been on one of those cards. Since he wasn't, it just doesn't add up to me.

They DID have the best HW in their roster.
So good he lost 3 out of 4.

What they had was the biggest name. They didn't have the best fighter. The UFC knew it. The UFC knew it was bigger than Fedor and M-1. The UFC had put the time and money into becoming the biggest player. It owed nothing to, and needed nothing from, M-1, which was trying to ride the coat-tails of the UFC.

they wanted to break into US market.
Nothing wrong with that.

Yes there is, if you are dependent on other orgs to break into another market. Did PRIDE need another org to co-promote to hold shows in the US? Did the UFC need another org to co-promote in order to hold shows in any of the many countries they've broken into?

No they didn't. If M-1 is "HUGE IN EUROPE" they wouldn't need it either.

So good he lost 3 out of 4.

What they had was the biggest name. They didn't have the best fighter. The UFC knew it. The UFC knew it was bigger than Fedor and M-1. The UFC had put the time and money into becoming the biggest player. It owed nothing to, and needed nothing from, M-1, which was trying to ride the coat-tails of the UFC.

your point?
Seriously, do you even think before posting?

Chuck lost 5 of his last 6 matches. Does that mean he was terrible?

Fedor dominated for a decade. You asinine comment tries to imply he was a can?

S4DN95o.gif

Agreed. Not Cyborg. Not the UFC Not the fans. I suppose Invicta could be considered a winner.

UFC and Rousey seem to be doing just fine.

Invicta? Who the heck watches Invicta? (As much as I respect what Shannon Knapp & co are doing, whether Invicta will succeed or fail as a promotion is still up in the air).

Yes there is, if you are dependent on other orgs to break into another market. Did PRIDE need another org to co-promote to hold shows in the US? Did the UFC need another org to co-promote in order to hold shows in any of the many countries they've broken into?

No they didn't. If M-1 is "HUGE IN EUROPE" they wouldn't need it either.

They are huge, and they host events for the local market in Europe.

but obviously it is harder to crack in the market here, specially if US has a company like the UFC.

They tried to shortcut. To use Fedor to bait UFC into getting the deal. it didn't work. I don;t understand what is your problem with that...

Dana's just mad that Tito took 51% of WMMA. Everyone knows who the best female fighter is.

everyone knows she's the best?

no, cyborg could have been where Ronda is right now, but she is in some obscure promotion where the majority of people will never know her

Dana is right

They are huge, and they host events for the local market in Europe.

but obviously it is harder to crack in the market here, specially if US has a company like the UFC.

They tried to shortcut. To use Fedor to bait UFC into getting the deal. it didn't work. I don;t understand what is your problem with that...

Since no other orgs needed to do co-promote to break into another market, yeah, I have a problem with that. PRIDE didn't need to co-promote to hold events here. Why you don't see that, I have no idea.

I will agree with you that they "used Fedor." They sure did.

Dana's just mad that Tito took 51% of WMMA. Everyone knows who the best female fighter is.

.. in the weight-class above. So 51% of something that is not relevant for the UFC or wmma where the mainstream is concerned.

your point?
Seriously, do you even think before posting?

Chuck lost 5 of his last 6 matches. Does that mean he was terrible?

Fedor dominated for a decade. You asinine comment tries to imply he was a can?

S4DN95o.gif
Did I suggest that Liddell was the best LHW on the UFC's roster at the end of his career?

No, I did not. So you can go follow Ari's advice you dipshit. :icon_lol:

What's going on on this forum recently? There's a shitload more stupid than usual flooding in around here.

Controversial MMA decisions and lady drama on TUF is attracting the bottom feeders.

Since no other orgs needed to do co-promote to break into another market, yeah, I have a problem with that. PRIDE didn't need to co-promote to hold events here. Why you don't see that, I have no idea.

I will agree with you that they "used Fedor." They sure did.

Please tell me: what other (big) org was in US at the time?

And didn't the UFC send fighters to Pride at some point??? (clearly destroying your point here)???

They did, and Pride didn't send guys to the UFC, which pissed them off royally and it is the reason why they vowed to NEVER co-promote again.

Back