Dana White on Tito Managing Cyborg: She

Except White was right that Fedor's management was terrible and stupid, and he's right that having Tito of all people as a manager is pretty crazy.

Tito's main talent was hyping up his own fights, but he can't string a normal sentence together. And he has zero experience as a manager. Why would you want him as your manager? It doesn't make sense.

Fedor earned tons of money, he can retire happily.. great management.

it seems really stupid to have tito as your manager when the ufc formed a womens division. tito has a shit relationship with the ufc and his appearances on affliction made it clear that he's anti ufc and that he cant string a sentence together

id rather flip a coin on career choices than get titos advice

People can talk smack about Tito all they want, but Dana White hates people who don't back down from him, and who cost him money. And he fucking HATES Tito more than anyone on the planet.

I think if I was on the opposite side of a table as Dana White, Tito would be my first phone call.
He's made millions off of Dana for 15 years, flipped him off countless times, and is still slapping him in the face by doing a PPV fight for a rival company now and stealing the #1 Womens fighter on the planet. Props to him, I think I actually like Tito now.

Dana's just mad that Tito took 51% of WMMA. Everyone knows who the best female fighter is.
The one who popped for roids and fights in the shallowest weight class?

Though in Tito's defense, whoever was managing Cyborg before him was just as, if not more, incompetent. I have a feeling a lot of Cyborg's professional woes are of her own doing. She doesn't strike me as an easy fighter to manage.

Dana goes out of his way to bad mouth Tito any chance that he gets. Tito is the one that has taken the high road more often than not, lately.

How was Fedor's management terrible and stupid when they got Fedor a better deal than what the UFC was offering?

They didn't get Fedor a better deal, they got M1 a better deal.

People can talk smack about Tito all they want, but Dana White hates people who don't back down from him, and who cost him money. And he fucking HATES Tito more than anyone on the planet.

I think if I was on the opposite side of a table as Dana White, Tito would be my first phone call.
He's made millions off of Dana for 15 years, flipped him off countless times, and is still slapping him in the face by doing a PPV fight for a rival company now and stealing the #1 Womens fighter on the planet. Props to him, I think I actually like Tito now.

I think the Shamrock's and Randy Couture come pretty close, though. Especially Ken.

Dana sounds bitter.
And he is talking out of his ass also.

Tito made a lot of money. If anything he is KNOWN for demanding and getting more money than many other fighters.

And Cyborg didn't. She's winning. BIG

Only Dana needs SOMETHING to discredit her, so he doesn't have to face the reality that Cyborg is proving Dana to be the wrong guy by choosing Ronda over Cyborg.

Cyborg is a real fighter. Ronda is showing up to be a head-case.

this clearly is bothering dana since it is a fedor-type situation where the ufc would love her to fight under their banner, but since she isn't they will disparage her and her people.

In this situation, all the focus is off Cyborg and on Tito. And that's the way Tito likes it. It doesn't really make sense to have an egomaniac fighter/manager promoting you while also doing pro-wrestling to try and up his own buyrates (and hopefully he's training too).

On top of all that, Tito actually admitted to Cyborg taking steroids in an interview (when she vehemently denies it herself), pretends to have the upperhand in dealings with Dana, and is just a bad spokesman in general.

Cyborg coming off a steroid bust and relinquished championship never really had any kind of bargaining power in the UFC aside from some interest in a fight with Ronda. Instead of accepting some kind of decent deal that would likely lead to a title shot (and much more money, should she win), Tito treated her like she's Fedor which was never going to be the case.

i don't disagree.

she could have come to the UFC and not immediately fought Ronda. instead she (well, they, her & Tito) made a big deal about it all, drew a line in the sand....and lost.

2 women's weight classes would have been awesome. instead she's fighting around the world for pennies.

Two weight classss would have been awesome.
Too bad that never would have happened.
UFC wants one weight class, one star to put their money into.
Cyborg and Tito decided 135lb wasnt worth what she was gettin paid.

How was Fedor's management terrible and stupid when they got Fedor a better deal than what the UFC was offering?
What kind of drugs are you doing? The UFC's offer to Fedor was ludicrously more money than he got from Strikeforce. Strikeforce made M-1 a better deal because they were willing to pretend M-1 was a legitimate player in MMA. The UFC doesn't co-promote and wouldn't offer M-1 a cut of the revenue.

At no point was the deal Fedor ended up with better than what he was offered by the UFC. Instead of finishing the relevant portion of his career getting beaten by the UFC's heavyweights, instead he finished it getting beaten in a second tier organization. True, the guys who retired Fedor were all UFC fighters on the outs (or like Bigfoot, yet to be signed), it's still rather sad that he ended his career looking like he'd been avoiding the best possible fights, and then, sadly enough, getting cut by Zuffa/UFC anyway, lol.

Fedor vs Brock would have been light years ahead of anything he stood to make in Strikeforce.

You guys do realize he's not actually her manager, right? He more of just attached himself to her to try to stay relevant in the MMA scene. There was an interview a while back where someone asked him why they chose x and y for Cyborg, and he said that it wasn't him that makes the decisions. It's Tito's manager or something like that.

I'm too lazy to find a source, though. Meh.

Back