Dana White on Conor McGregor: "No one guy can hold the whole sport hostage."

Tell me what boxer or MMA fighter EVER retired and stayed away? Rocky Marciano is one that comes to mind in boxing. But 99.99% Nope... Even GSP with all his wealth did not stay away. Conor is not just about the money, he is about the attention and the thrill of it all. He will never get more attention than when he is in the ring or cage. He needs it. Don't fool yourself..
Conor's main goal was to get rich and leave. He said it the moment he stepped foot in the Octagon. I don't think Conor needs it. Would you be willing to risk brain damage, injury, pain, etc. when you have $100 million?

Conor's main goal was to get rich and leave. He said it the moment he stepped foot in the Octagon. I don't think Conor needs it. Would you be willing to risk brain damage, injury, pain, etc. when you have $100 million?

Floyd has gotten rich like 300 times over. He is 40 and just fought.

The spotlight.. The spotlight..

Floyd has gotten rich like 300 times over. He is 40 and just fought.

The spotlight.. The spotlight..

Yeah but Floyd was talented enough to actually leave a legacy. Conor would just come back and lose to Khabib.

I don't think Conor's done fighting, but he's going to pick and choose his opponents now. If Khabib is the champ, then Conor will sit back and say "I'm rich, I don't need to fight." But if another guy gets the belt, and he's someone that Conor matches up well with, he'll suddenly feel that competitive fire again.

Randy did the same thing when he saw that Tim Sylvia was the champ.

GSP did the same thing with Bisping.

I wonder what are the lengths of time people were given before being stripped for being inactive?

Would be interesting to compare.

Most of the time a champion is inactive its because of injuries. McGregor is injury free and simply refusing to fight.

they're in negotiations, would be wise to take dana with a grain of salt at the moment.

I can't even imagine why Tony would take any fight other than Conor. He had to have been made an offer he couldn't refuse, like a million dollars to fight Khabib or something.

Floyd never did till he left a legit legacy.

Yeah but Floyd was talented enough to actually leave a legacy. Conor would just come back and lose to Khabib.

I don't think Conor's done fighting, but he's going to pick and choose his opponents now. If Khabib is the champ, then Conor will sit back and say "I'm rich, I don't need to fight." But if another guy gets the belt, and he's someone that Conor matches up well with, he'll suddenly feel that competitive fire again.

Randy did the same thing when he saw that Tim Sylvia was the champ.

GSP did the same thing with Bisping.

So he’s not going to come back because you think he’s going to get his ass kicked by a bunch of people? And you believe he shares that sentiment or something? A man as arrogant as this does not think he’s going to lose to anyone. You know there was a time when people said what is the point of Muhammad Ali fighting George foreman he is just going to get knocked out? Didn’t exactly go down that way. He just wants a ridiculous amount of money. He’s not afraid to fight. LOL @ you actually insinuating that Conor McGregor is not insanely talented. What? Watch some fights dude. The greatest feather weight of all time he basically single-handedly destroyed his entire career. With one punch.

I guess Dana changed his mind, and Conor can go another few months without defending the belt after all.

They aren’t stripping shit unless Conor announces his retirement, who the fuck is he trying to kid?

Yet you allowed it and created this monster. Now you wanna sing a different tune? Dana gonna Dana.

Never has Defend , Vacate or Strip sounded so perfectly... Dude made his mega millions. Now let the division keep moving. I

Just like Dana to pretend the UFC hasn't enabled this by giving him special treatment and pushing him more than all the other champions combined.

Just a reminder that Dana was adamantly against UFC champions moving up or down and taking on other UFC champions until Conor wanted to.

I think it's more accurate to say that he was against those until WME bought UFC. And I can't stand Dana White either.

He's right, the rumor he is stepping away is already getting people to focus on other fighters. UFC will move on without him. They banked on him for a couple years, conor banked. Now they can find other people and Conor can come for 1 fight every year or so lol unless he blows his money like mike tyson.

Dana is the 99% of Conor fans Americans with no heritage who pretend they're Irish when they were born in the USA

Just set up the Pacquiao fight Dana it'll be like couples counselling. .

I’ll believe it when I see it. I think uncle Dana is still looking for a way out.

Hahaha I can't believe he's comparing Connor to Jordan and Lebron.
Dana is retarded those two are all-time greats. Connor hasn't really proven much.

So he’s not going to come back because you think he’s going to get his ass kicked by a bunch of people? And you believe he shares that sentiment or something? A man as arrogant as this does not think he’s going to lose to anyone. You know there was a time when people said what is the point of Muhammad Ali fighting George foreman he is just going to get knocked out? Didn’t exactly go down that way. He just wants a ridiculous amount of money. He’s not afraid to fight. LOL @ you actually insinuating that Conor McGregor is not insanely talented. What? Watch some fights dude. The greatest feather weight of all time he basically single-handedly destroyed his entire career. With one punch.
yeah and JDS ruined cains career with just one punch.............
newb

Back