Dana White not allowing Randy Couture to corner Ryan, gave Ryan option to leave

That's a necessary move regarding Ryan. Also in a classy way considering the bullshit from both sides. Couture has never been loyal to the UFC, he's looked out for himself like everyone should do, which can also mean loyalty for long-term benefits.

Seriously guys, grow up. This is what happens in business. You don't sign on with a competitor and still expect your former employer to welcome you with open arm. Randy knew this when he signed his deal.

I can understand them not allowing him to be in the corner, but why can't he attend the events? Too harsh.

I had made a thread about Dana and his crybaby attitude....I rememeber he even said Justin Timberlake was a fucking douchebag bc he didn't make time for Dana and his daughter backstage at some award show.......Dana>Rampage with the crybaby shit

Please. Dana did the right thing. Randy would probably come to a UFC event sporting a Bellator shirt or some sort of gear.

No PR at all.

This is stupid.

Strikeforce fighters used to show up at UFC events (Nick Diaz in Nates corner, Reem, etc) Dana has too much control. I hope Randy isn't scared to ruffle some feathers.

Lol i can't imagine Ryan getting any favorable matchups in his brief stay in the UFC

Well, if Randy going to Bellator is just a smart and good business decision for Randy to make, then Dana has the right to make a smart and good business decision for the UFC to not allow a competitors new partner (Randy) to be shown at a UFC event. Business is business.

this isnt business tho.. it's spiteful and petty. but then its dana white

Please. Dana did the right thing. Randy would probably come to a UFC event sporting a Bellator shirt or some sort of gear.

No PR at all.

really?...so u create a scenario to justfy this idiocy by dana?

flexing what little muscle the ufc has - looks bad but thats all they can do to show their anger - they are all about setting examples and being harsh to those who dont do what they aprprove of - so this makes sense

really?...so u create a scenario to justfy this idiocy by dana?

Not a scenario, it's the truth.

Imagine the Camera panning to Randy Couture and he's yelling "BELLATOR BABY! BELLATOR!" and he's wearing a Bellator t-shirt.

I don't think I would want that to happen.

I didnt know that the UFC was allowed to say who could or couldn't corner fighters. I always thought that was a decision for the AC to make.

I thought cornermen was something approved by the athletic commission, not the UFC. I seemed to remember Dana saying Phil Nurse would never corner in the UFC again after he rubbed a tub of vaseline on GSP in the BJ fight but he never stopped cornering anyone.

Well, if Randy going to Bellator is just a smart and good business decision for Randy to make, then Dana has the right to make a smart and good business decision for the UFC to not allow a competitors new partner (Randy) to be shown at a UFC event. Business is business.

Thank you for getting it. You sir are smarter than most Sherdoggers.

Dana really needs to chill out and not get so offended about the smallest things

I guess Randy murdering Dana's family with a chainsaw would be something serious for you?

Coz Randy REALLY stabbed the UFC in the back with this.

Forget how many events Randy has worked on after retiring?

can he do this? My memory is a little hazy, but I seem to recall Randy cornering fighters at ufc events after he "retired" in 07, and he was persona non grata at that point too. I mean, isnt this done through the athletic commissions? And then he says Randy cant buy a ticket wtf....someone seeing Couture in his sons corner isnt gonna make them start watching Bellator. They're probably gonna bury Ryan on the undercard anyways....and what, they're not gonna mention during his fights that Randy is his dad? GTFO, Dana really needs to learn how to break up better

Imagine the Camera panning to Randy Couture and he's yelling "BELLATOR BABY! BELLATOR!" and he's wearing a Bellator t-shirt.

when have u ever seen randy couture act like that?

And couldnt Nick Diaz have done that when he was still in Strikeforce, but was at UFC events?

Back