Dana White not allowing Randy Couture to corner Ryan, gave Ryan option to leave

He gave Ryan the choice. Stay in the UFC or leave, completely up to Ryan. Why would Dana allow a big name for his competitor to get exposure on the UFC? Basically it's advertising for Bellator on the UFC's dime. You're a complete moron if you think Dana is in the wrong. Now, the whole buying a ticket thing is a bit extreme, but this is not Dana's doing, it's Randy's. Why is Randy the only one allowed to do what is in his best interest? Why isn't Dana or the UFC?

wow some real dana love here lol
funny how all this wasnt an issue for prde, affliction, elite fc, sf guys 'on the ufcs dime' etc or even bellator guys just randy. Given that every fucker who knows mma knows who randy is or who his son is this childish attempt to pretend he doesnt exist is retarded .

I love how you use battered wife logic at the end there...randy is 'making ' dana do this lol
yes this is 100% dana's doing ....hes reacting like a teenage girl not a buisnessman

Well, if Randy going to Bellator is just a smart and good business decision for Randy to make, then Dana has the right to make a smart and good business decision for the UFC to not allow a competitors new partner (Randy) to be shown at a UFC event. Business is business.

This.
You're right on.

Well, if Randy going to Bellator is just a smart and good business decision for Randy to make, then Dana has the right to make a smart and good business decision for the UFC to not allow a competitors new partner (Randy) to be shown at a UFC event. Business is business.

I agree with this. Business is business.

if bellator goes under, randy is screwed.

he's going to end up like frank shamrock. another legend that is essentially banned from the sport.

bellator is not going under anytime soon.

Im suprised that he didn't just cut the guy for being randys son.

He has the Couture name so he could be a big draw if he wins many fights; Dana is petty but he still puts profit first.

Lol. what sucks is dana gave ryan the option to leave and ryan wanted to stay. and dana said if ur gonna stay everything will be cool u dont have to feel outside of the family or some bs like that. everything isnt cool. you banned his dad from his corner! lol

It's a pretty b*tchy thing to do imo.

But not all that surprising.

This was already expected,Dana is a very sensitive guy...

Sweeeeeet.. And to all you fools criticizing DW, Couture is in business with Bellator now. There is no reason to be showing his face and promoting him at a UFC event. Fuck that sentimental, daddy wants to watch his kid fight, bullshit. This is business and DW made the right decision, as usual

How does preventing Couture cornering his son help business? Specifically how much money does it make for Zuffa?

Oh wait... you're just mindlessly supporting whatever DW does, regardless of how petty/idiotic it is. Got it.

I appreciate what dana has done for the sport, but stuff like this makes me think it is time for him to step down.

Its not business at this point, its personal and Dana needs to start acting like a president of a corporation, not a petty reality tv show contestant.

This is too far.

ryan said on the mma hour they will just leave it to save hassle..

typical bully dana!

How can you be surprised by Dana playing the bad guy? It's just good business to generate talk, 22 pages says he's done well clearly!

I dunno, a former employee begs you for an opportunity and you give it to him. Instead of finishing out his obligation he skips out on you and signs with your top competitor. On top of that you ask him why he didn't show up for work, straight up ask him if he ditched his job because he was signing elsewhere and he lies to your face. Seems kind of fucked up to me. Why should he be welcomed with open arms?

Back