Dana White not allowing Randy Couture to corner Ryan, gave Ryan option to leave

clear31

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Pretty messed up that he wont let Randy corner Ryan but it is what it is

got this off mmamania

Couture's deal with Spike ended up coming an inopportune time for his son Ryan, who was brought over from Strikeforce to the UFC recently when SF was closed down. According to Dana, he texted Ryan Couture earlier this week and said that if he wanted out of his contract to go to Bellator, Dana would be okay with that. Ryan said it was his dream to fight in the UFC though, and he wanted to stay. Dana says he responded with "this is your house and I'm honored you said that". He was happy that Ryan was staying and wants him to feel welcome, but he also said that his father won't be welcome to corner him, or even buy a ticket to shows.

Well, if Randy going to Bellator is just a smart and good business decision for Randy to make, then Dana has the right to make a smart and good business decision for the UFC to not allow a competitors new partner (Randy) to be shown at a UFC event. Business is business.

Im suprised that he didn't just cut the guy for being randys son.

Pretty messed up that he wont let Randy corner Ryan but it is what it is

got this off mmamania

Dana really needs to chill out and not get so offended about the smallest things

Harsh, but as the banned guy said, business is business.

Dana would rather split a family apart than just cut the guy's son.

Well, if Randy going to Bellator is just a smart and good business decision for Randy to make, then Dana has the right to make a smart and good business decision for the UFC to not allow a competitors new partner (Randy) to be shown at a UFC event. Business is business.

Problem with that though is nothing is just business with Dana, he took it personal and that's the part that sucks. Randy has to worry about his future and if that was the best thing for him to do at this point in time Dana should have been OK with it.

Kinda a bitch move by Dana and I usually side with him....I wanna know what goes on behind the scenes that didn't allow Randy to get a bullshit job like liddell or Hughes.

Kinda a bitch move by Dana and I usually side with him....I wanna know what goes on behind the scenes that didn't allow Randy to get a bullshit job like liddell or Hughes.

Remember the time Zuffa took Hughes and Liddell to court? Yeah, that's why.

Ex fighters going to Bellator shall have them and their first born son set aside to be made examples of.

Jesus, I'm usually with Dana but come on, just show the other dudes corner if you think it's that big of a deal.

I watched an interview Dana did with Ariel the other day and he claims they did offer him one. He also said Randy was still contracted to do another commentating gig for them but didnt honor the contract.

"I'm honored you'd say that Ryan. Now here, do you prefer to fight Jon Fitch or Thiago Alves?"

ryan should go to bleelllator i think hesb better fit for there now anywayy

Problem with that though is nothing is just business with Dana, he took it personal and that's the part that sucks. Randy has to worry about his future and if that was the best thing for him to do at this point in time Dana should have been OK with it.

Pretty sure his clothing line and gyms were doing fine, the guy has a point. No reason to give them any chance in getting extra promotion to help their business when randy is doing whatever he can to help himself.

Back