Dana White: 'No problem' if Eddie Alvarez wants to finish career outside UFC

Eddie took a big risk with the Poirier fight being his last on his contract.

Eddie should have asked for at least $10 mill for the Conor fight. (which was supposed to be "easy money")
If he asked a penny more than what he got, he would have been smeshed by Khabib and then Khabib would have got the red panty night. UFC set a precedent at UFC 200 by saying: "We are not giving in to the Conor McGregor business. We have operated and been successful because we do not allow fighter to get larger than the UFC". Eddie was just a pawn in a larger piece and still made more money than at any other point in his career, just from PPV points.

Dana really sounds like a jerk here basically kicking eddie out, the guy might not be a contender but we'll all enjoy his fights give him the Hunt, Arlovski, Cowboy treatment FFS. Surely he can't want that much of a pay raise.

You guys are clueless if you don't see what this is about.

Eddie is coming off like he has options and is ready to walk if Dana doesn't meet his contract demands.

Dana sees Eddie's stance and raises him a "Take what I give you or fuck right off, I don't care either way,"

Eddie is going to unhappily accept Dana's shit contract after losing his last fight on his old contract headlining an event that did piss poor ratings or he's going to walk. All this bullshit Dana is saying is just filler for his stance vs Eddie's as they negotiate.

I can see this as a reasonable posture by Dana, for once. Being measured with responses was never his strength after all.

I’d like to see eddy go back to bellator. Let it keep growing.
well hes on with matt serra ...

Eddie doesn't move the needle.

He knows Bellator is going to offer more $$$ than the UFC can and is trying to save face.

Eddie took a big risk with the Poirier fight being his last on his contract.

Eddie should have asked for at least $10 mill for the Conor fight. (which was supposed to be "easy money")

I'm not sure how much was Eddie's PPV cut... I think @ $2 per PPV, it would have been least $2.6 million. However, Eddie should have demanded nothing less than $5 million for helping to sell over 1M PPVs against Conor. If his agent let him fight for less than $5M then he got ripped off.

Eddie is coming off like he has options and is ready to walk if Dana doesn't meet his contract demands.

Dana sees Eddie's stance and raises him a "Take what I give you or fuck right off, I don't care either way,"

I disagree -- I think Eddie clearly has options. Bellator will likely pay Eddie more than the UFC will at this point, and he'll be fighting easier competition. Eddie Alvarez is a big name and a promotion like Bellator could really use an exciting fighter to help bring viewers to their cards.

I think this is Dana White thinks he is doing what you are saying. Eddie is very likely asking for "too much" money, and Dana is trying to call his bluff. However, it's not a bluff -- Eddie will simply sign with Bellator for more money and fight weaker opponents.

Dana chews you up and spits you out when you’re used and broken.

That is the way of the UFC. Thanks for getting brain damage on my program, now don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

would that be any different i any other line lf work ?

atleast hes made some decent money among the way

"We want young, hungry guys who will relentlessly point fight their way up the rankings, not former world champions who put on exciting fights and have fans. We don't know how to make money, so what good are people that we have to pay? We're trying to ru(i)n a business here."

This is the problem. There are so many fighters on the roster right now who I don't want to watch. Eddie isn't one of them.

Get to bellator and, once they strip Primus, let's finish the beef with Chandler.

Dana be indifferent to fighters who aren't huge draws. Makes him look like a decent guy when he says its the fighters choice

I forgot to mention Eddie didn't do himself any justice fighting dirty again vs. Poirier

But for Eddie, what is left? You've won the belt, had a money fight, had a classic fight (Gaethje) so what is left besides trying to make some money before retiring?

I saw Eddie's crib on Embedded it was huge so maybe he's got a mortgage to pay off and bills so if Bellator gave him a good offer I think he'd take it.

Lol at people hearing on Dana for his response. I get what he’s saying

Back