Dana White: 'No problem' if Eddie Alvarez wants to finish career outside UFC

People still Conor is untouchable but even he’s expendable. He may have a bit more leverage than the average fighter but ain’t nobody crying for him if he walks away today. The big wheel keeps on turnin.

Since Conor is one of the only 3 people in the roster who can sell PPV, he IS untouchable.

In Dana terms this translates to "kick rocks".

Hope you Conor money fight paid you well Eddie, because all you got left is getting crushed by Chandler at this point and I don't know how Bellator will pay you.

I'm not even sure Bellator takes him back.

Bjorn would've definitely refused after all their confrontations.
Coker would've accepted every top fighter, but Eddie...doesn't draw well to the current LW title picture.
3rd fight with Chandler is OK, but what's next? Him occasionally becoming a LW champ will paint Bellator in wrong colors - since he has already been dominant LW champ there and it will look like fe "fell back to Bellator".
And not winning - well, why pay that much money? He's expensive.

I'm not even sure Bellator takes him back.

Bjorn would've definitely refused after all their confrontations.
Coker would've accepted every top fighter, but Eddie...doesn't draw well to the current LW title picture.
3rd fight with Chandler is OK, but what's next? Him occasionally becoming a LW champ will paint Bellator in wrong colors - since he has already been dominant LW champ there and it will look like fe "fell back to Bellator".
And not winning - well, why pay that much money? He's expensive.

honestly for Bellator since most of their stuff is on cable, it might be wise to have a guy like Eddie. You're basically guaranteed an exciting fight. Casuals just want them to bang bro.

honestly for Bellator since most of their stuff is on cable, it might be wise to have a guy like Eddie. You're basically guaranteed an exciting fight. Casuals just want them to bang bro.

They have enough completely unnamed fighters who cost much less than Alvarez and bang no less bro.

Eddie probably costs like 2 Koreshkows

Eddie is still top ten, and it's not unrealistic to think that he could work his way back up to a title fight. Dana is talking about Eddie as if Eddie was an unranked grandfather.

Dana is a fraud. He just wants marketable fighter, he doesn't care how talented or hungry they are. The marketable guys get pushed to the title whereas the grinders have to clear the division and beat the threats.

Dana is a fraud. He just wants marketable fighter, he doesn't care how talented or hungry they are. The marketable guys get pushed to the title whereas the grinders have to clear the division and beat the threats.

How does business-oriented management makes him a fraud?

Isn’t the 70s like 50 years ago?

Maybe stop raping them for their money? Taking the majority of the money and paying them peanuts in dividends? Let them earn some sponsor money?

These guys sign the contracts and refuse to do anything about it.

You hear some of them bitch about it and that is about as far as it gets, whoopie do dah. At some point the fighters have to unite and speak as one or they'll always be severely on the short end of the stick. That has happen in just about all sports when you look over the history of that sport. I just don't know what it will take for the fighters to wake up. The company sells for 4 Billion(fields multiple offers all over 3 Billion), next round of investments its valued at 6 billion, signed a new 300 Million a year ESPN deal, been significantly raising world wide TV contracts as they come up, Reebok pushed on them, and USADA pushed on them with zero say in it all, and we could on and on about the just the overall treatment. Yet the multiple attempts of a fighter association fall flat every single time. I can't feel sorry for them anymore when it comes to compensation.

Eddie is still top ten, and it's not unrealistic to think that he could work his way back up to a title fight. Dana is talking about Eddie as if Eddie was an unranked grandfather.
Eddie is shot man. No disrespect to Dustin, but Eddie has him looking like a world beater in there.lol. How is your style banging it out, when you have WAY over rated boxing and no chin????

Stick a fork in em, he's done!!!

So he basically said..Do what you want I am ok with either choice..

In comes the Dana hate.

I thought it was a reasonable and fair response. Cant see why you would want to let him go though, his fights are generally pretty exciting, much more than say frankie edgar.

He didn't really say anything bad here, I don't think. Basically said he thinks if Eddie gets a better offer elsewhere, he should take it and harbors no ill will towards Eddie if he decides to do that.

I think some of you misunderstood what Dana was actually saying. Eddie isn't going to get the same kind of money he wants fighting for the UFC. Dana was saying that if some other org offers him a great deal with a lot of money, he doesn't blame Eddie for taking it. He wasn't shitting on Eddie, he was saying that Eddie isn't going to come back on a huge contract.

Reading comprehension ... I like it.

Dana is a dick more times than not, but this time he was fair.

Dana chews you up and spits you out when you’re used and broken.

That is the way of the UFC. Thanks for getting brain damage on my program, now don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
They don't know what a door is anymore they've been punched in the face so much

Dana wants to pay Eddie some magic beans for his final contract

That is the way of the UFC. Thanks for getting brain damage on my program, now don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

LMAO....The UFC didn't fire him. Eddie made a choice to fight on the last fight of his contract in order to gain an advantage in re-negotiation and he lost that gamble.

Did you forget how the UFC in the older Zuffa days used to play ball with guys? If you didn't resign they would freeze you out and bury you on the undercard if you didn't resign with them. They were petty as hell years ago. If this was 2008 Eddie would have been fighting on fight pass against a tough up and comer with no name recognition.

Eddie didn't hurt business in anything he did. It's wtevr.

"We want young, hungry guys who will relentlessly point fight their way up the rankings, not former world champions who put on exciting fights and have fans. We don't know how to make money, so what good are people that we have to pay? We're trying to ru(i)n a business here."

I don't fully agree, but it's still funny.

Did you even fucking read it? Smh

Eddie, Brooks and Giblert should all go to Bellator. There are many interesting fights between them and Chandler.

that's actually a lot more honesty than i was expecting from dana. he's right. at this point in eddie's career, he should do what's best for his bank account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back