Dana White makes the national news for helping bullied child

Good PR but it would be cool if Dana is teaching the bullied kid to fight back by sending him Stipe or someone to train him. Now that would be awesome. I remember seeing a small kid kick a bullied ass who knew bjj, had a tight Armbar and could have snapped the arm. I think teaching kids grappling for self defense is best. Especially bjj. No punching, no brain damage but perhaps a broken limb. But better than brain damage. When you fight with your fists on the street you could kill someone if their head hits the pavement.

I wish people would stop babying these bullied kids, they really need to grow up and stop being pussies.
I won't even call this bullying sounds like a group of kids at a cafeteria that makes fun of him big deal now it's fucked up when people bullying u for items money etc

When I got bullied in high school I wrote the bully a note threatening to kill him if he didn't leave me alone.

I got labeled a terrorist and expelled

I always prefer to allow them to fester until they go shoot up a high school
I think martial arts is the best thing to prevent a bullied kid. Remember GSP was a dork and was bullied. He took some karate. Gained self confidence. Now he's one of the p4p best mma fighters to have ever lived. Has 8 figures in the bank account. A lot of BJJ and MMA gyms are cropping up all around the country. I have no problem with kids settling their differences with fighting. Guns, knives, weapons I'm against. I knew someone who was killed in high school by other high school gangs, he was hit in the head with a crowbar and stabbed in the heart. This was 16 years ago. I think the guys who did it are still in jail. But they tried getting out a few years ago. I don't know. I haven't talked to his sister in years. It was her brother

I am always confused on how to feel about this shit. How is taking this kid to a movie premier or the UFC Training Center going to help his situation? When I am dealing with some sort of adversity, the last thing I want is a pity party from friends or family, let alone a media shit storm spanning the entire country. Good on Dana and this other guy if their feelings are genuine, but you have to have an ego as big as Dana's to think that everyone is dying to get inside the Performance Institute, or if this kid even likes movies. I guess I have a high level of cynicism when it comes to society, but when an opportunity for virtues signaling and shameless self promotion arises, all of the sudden we seem to be living in a society with so many generous and kind people. that is something I have a very HARD time believing.
This is the perfect post to sum up my opinion.

When I got bullied in high school I wrote the bully a note threatening to kill him if he didn't leave me alone.

I got labeled a terrorist and expelled
I was suspended for putting an a hole out cold in high school. In the classroom, in front of everyone. It was in art class. We were making clay sculptures and the teacher gave us all a little clay to use, if we wanted more we had to go up to the front desk and get more from the teacher. Well this a hole thought it was hilarious to throw little globs of clay at people when their backs were turned while at the front desk. He was hitting all kinds of people even hitting ppl in the back of the head. Well when I went up front, I guess his timing was off and I turn around catch him right in the act and he nails me right between the eyes with a quarter sized piece of clay. So I go up to this bastard and tell him to fucking apologize. You know what he says? "You're not gonna do anything" wrong choice of words. I snapped. Grabbed him by the throat and gave him a modified choke slam rock bottom type wwf move. I knew if I punched him, I would possibly get a lengthy suspension but a body slam of some sort, I could always disguise it as we were just horse playing. Well I slammed him to the hard ground and he was knocked out cold. Back of his head hit pretty hard. I thought I killed him. From that day forth I made sure to try to avoid every fight I could. I've been in 3 total fights in my whole life. I'm 33. I wasn't the bullied type. I was 5'11 200lbs of mostly muscle. So I was left alone. I gave up football to do bodybuilding.
15232138_10154903839643729_973628580555022724_n.jpg
aww young me

Unfortunately bullying is part of life, and it's bred from one of two things, personal insecurities and/or a gang mentality.

Bullying only ever comes from a pack of people who feel strong in a group (which in a way is insecure also I guess), or a lone ranger who bullies because there is something that he's not happy with in his life i.e. bad home life, gets bullied himself so bullies others, perhaps he's a loner etc. etc.

This kid is unlucky, but I genuinely believe you have to be more honest with your kids. If your kid has mild down syndrome or another noticeable disability you should teach them that they are different and what to expect from others in life. If you're the only Indian kid in a school full of whites, your parents need to teach you that you're different and prepare you for the possible ignorance you may face.

There is a fine line between breeding defensive hatred into your kids, like these BLM peeps who essentially teach their peers and children to "fear" white people, and teaching your kids to understand the psychology behind prejudice. It's tough not to boil over into that territory but you must keep your children's mind open. If you're prepared for the comments, you'll be better able to stand-up for yourself.

If you're the one black kid in school that sees the black jokes coming a mile off, you'll have some comebacks ready and if you laugh it off and give as good as you get - you'll earn respect.

It's tough, but I've seen it happen. You have to make your kids tough as nails when they are young, if you have thick skin early on you'll get along much better in life.

I know people in their 40's who still get offended at the smallest thing, it's a very weak character trait. The world isn't roses and chocolates.

I was suspended for putting an a hole out cold in high school. In the classroom, in front of everyone. It was in art class. We were making clay sculptures and the teacher gave us all a little clay to use, if we wanted more we had to go up to the front desk and get more from the teacher. Well this a hole thought it was hilarious to throw little globs of clay at people when their backs were turned while at the front desk. He was hitting all kinds of people even hitting ppl in the back of the head. Well when I went up front, I guess his timing was off and I turn around catch him right in the act and he nails me right between the eyes with a quarter sized piece of clay. So I go up to this bastard and tell him to fucking apologize. You know what he says? "You're not gonna do anything" wrong choice of words. I snapped. Grabbed him by the throat and gave him a modified choke slam rock bottom type wwf move. I knew if I punched him, I would possibly get a lengthy suspension but a body slam of some sort, I could always disguise it as we were just horse playing. Well I slammed him to the hard ground and he was knocked out cold. Back of his head hit pretty hard. I thought I killed him. From that day forth I made sure to try to avoid every fight I could. I've been in 3 total fights in my whole life. I'm 33. I wasn't the bullied type. I was 5'11 200lbs of mostly muscle. So I was left alone. I gave up football to do bodybuilding.
15232138_10154903839643729_973628580555022724_n.jpg
aww young me
I advanced a grade, I was 13 in high school. Once I hit a growth spurt nobody has fucked with me since.

-Sherbro

I think kids that are bullied comes from bad parenting tbh. Teach your kid not to be the weirdo.

If you notice your son is scrawny and getting fucked with, make him lift weights and teach him not to be a little bitch.

I advanced a grade, I was 13 in high school. Once I hit a growth spurt nobody has fucked with me since.

-Sherbro

I think kids that are bullied comes from bad parenting tbh. Teach your kid not to be the weirdo.
I worked out as a defense mechanism. I was very depressed and had problems socializing, especially with girls. I had sex with one of the nastiest girl ever in the entire high school. She wasn't hot, but she was easy. She took my V card and I regret till this day. I look back and I could have nailed so many hot pieces of ass if I had the confidence. Working out was my only release from feeling terrible along with the sexual frustration. People legit thought I was on roids. Wish I had more pictures but this was before the digital age really took off...This is a scanned student ID. I'm actually still dealing with depression and haven't slept all night. It's 543am where I am. Sorry to vent to you, you probably don't even care but I gotta tell someone and Its too late to call any friends or family. At night when you can't sleep you're so alone. I don't want to disturb anybody. Life is hard man, I lost my mom 2 years ago last November 2015 to cancer. She was 51 years old. She was my bedrock and the holidays aren't the same without her. I miss her. Like no other. I know she's in heaven. Her faith in god was strong. Mine is not. (I'm more of deist) But for HER, I'll strenthen my faith. It's what she wanted and damn it I'll do it.

I would rather have a conversation with a lampshade than meet Chris Evans.

Back