Dana White makes Nick Diaz an offer: Lyoto Machida at 185 pounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, I love this fight. Machida will kill him, and the massive temper tantrum Diaz would throw would be hilarious.

I love watching Nick fight, not trying to hate on him, it's just this fight is hilariously awesome to me.

This is horrible match-making. Makes no sense what so ever.
If Diaz wants to go to 185, give him someone like Leben for a fun fight and for Diaz to adjust to a new weight class, why the fuck would you give him a top 5 former LHW champ? Unless Dana just hates Nick.

Can't see that fight happening....I also don't see machida dropping to 185 to fight anyone....a catch weight with Belford seems more reasonable

except it seems belfort turned down machida though if it was offered at 185 he would be sticking to his word.

There is nothing interesting about this fight....

Unless you want to see Diaz taunt a fighter, and eventually get knocked out.

Easy win for Machida.

Dear Joe Silva/Dana White. For the love of god make Nick Diaz vs Martin Kampmann. That is one of my absolute top fantasy match ups in MMA ATM and it could very easily happen.

Makes about as much sense as UFC doing everything in their power to get Lombard to drop to 170 and then giving him Nate Marquardt, one of (if not) the biggest welterweight(s) in the UFC and a former long time middleweight in his first fight.

Yeah, exactly. I mentioned that before. I'm not a fan of Joe Silva at all.

If they make this they might as well make Thiago Silva vs Bigfoot as well

Nick will never accept to fight Machida. If he does, oh man. Pants will be shat.

So a natural Welterweight who can pass as a lightweight is fighting a Light Heavyweight. Funny thing is Nick will still smack him around.

It'd probably make for a better fight, which is all I really care to see Diaz involved in if it's at MW where he isn't looking to make a title run. They're still both winnable fights though.

They really aren't though.

If Nick accepts that's make Vitor look very very bad

Vitor deserves a title shot, can't blame him for not wanting to take another fight that's as risky as Lyoto.

Diaz on the other hand is the opposite, doesn't deserve such a high profile fight.

whoa , what a strange fight to put together, Machida will out weigh him so bad on fight night

Lol I hope it happens!! Two of the worst fan bases on this site.. Would make for lovely entertainment leading up to the fight!

Machida 30-27 and then Nick Diaz retires again because he doesn't need this bullshit judging.

Nick could beat him,but I have a feeling Machida would play safe, making it a frustrating fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back