Dana White: GSP is looking for one off big money fights, but we’re not interested in that

Amazing how GSPs mystery illness has suddenly gotten better as Whittaker takes over middleweight and Conor announces his return to lightweight
I don't think it has. Have you seen recent pics of him? He's lost a lot of weight.

Winning belts. Plural how many belts has GSP won and vacated over the years?
It cheapens them... Them again with the plural..
How many times? how many belts?

Is this supposed to be difficult?

When he walked away immediately after the hendricks decision, dana was pissed. In his absence and indefinite return, the belt was cheapened

Is this supposed to be difficult?

When he walked away immediately after the hendricks decision, dana was pissed. In his absence and indefinite return, the belt was cheapened

So winning and defending the belt 9ish times and the man is not allowed to take a break and vacate the belt?
But Conor holding up 2 divisions did not cheapen the belt?
Brock getting 2 title shots does not cheapen the belt?
Or what about Randy retiring after losing to Chuck only to come back the next year at HW winning the belt?

The UFC belts been cheap for years....

I keep saying this is a non-issue because Georges can simply sign to fight both the winner and the loser of Conor/Khabib.

HA UFC not interested in money fights??

They are not interested in paying the contract prices of the money fights that GSP will accept. With the right opponent, and the right contract price, there is NO fight the UFC won't set up. Hell, tell your Mom to keep her head on a swivel. :-/

{<huh}

What a dumb response.

How is it dumb

If the point is you cant duck someone from a higher weightclass, why does GSP get a pass but everyone shits on Ronda and Mighty Mouse?

So what happen to Gsp illness, some how hes healthy now that he doesn't have to defend the belt? lol

How is it dumb

If the point is you cant duck someone from a higher weightclass, why does GSP get a pass but everyone shits on Ronda and Mighty Mouse?
Well, am I everyone? You were quoting my comment, dumbass.

You speak of Mighty Mouse but TJ offered to fight Mighty Mouse in his own division. He didn't ask him to move up.

As for Ronda/Cyborg, I couldn't care less about WMMA.

The fact is, you can't duck someone who competes in a heavier weight class than the one you compete in.

This.

And look for recent photos of Silva. Dude is legit LHW at this point and probably walking around at220 lbs. And GSP has to eat 10x a day to even walk around at 185. Wouldn't be a fair fight. Silva is much bigger. I totally see why he turned down the fight earlier in his career
I mean the fight would be at 185.. Where they both just fought

How is it dumb

the problem with mighty mouse is that he was challenged in his weight class

Dana would rather he gets ko’d Into retirement after the age of 40 like all the other fighters who made dog shit money sacrificing their brain and body who were financially forced to fight well past their primes.

But hey, Brock does it so it’s all good as long as Dana and WME like you.

Good. He already made a mockery of MW when he took the easiest fight ever then developed piles to avoid legit MWs. Now he wants to continue his cherry picking and fight manlets. Fight Woodley or Whitaker.

Exactly.

Dec. in Toronto is only a 2 month turnaround for Mac from UFC 229, but works out pretty good after a quick & easy 1st round KO of Khabib.

Conor is already working on his TDD as top priority... so he will be primed to put off GSP's primary weapon. This will make for an epic 2nd title defense at LW for McGregor.

So winning and defending the belt 9ish times and the man is not allowed to take a break and vacate the belt?
But Conor holding up 2 divisions did not cheapen the belt?
Brock getting 2 title shots does not cheapen the belt?
Or what about Randy retiring after losing to Chuck only to come back the next year at HW winning the belt?

The UFC belts been cheap for years....
I'm not defending Dana, I'm explaining his motives

Yes Brock stepping in to lose to a retiring DC is fine. Randy came back with the intention of dethroning a ratings bust and defending the belt.

Again, what is unique here is that GSP is going in with the intention of vacating. They allowed the Bisping fight to happen because Bisping was going to lose anyways and was close to retirement himself. The UFC didn't care who won or lost the fight. With Conor, having GSP take his hype and walking away would be devastating. Yes Conor would still be huge but he would lose a lot of shine. If Khabib beats Conor, he's not retiring so that hype gets transferred somewhat. As I said originally, Conor will decide here, but a big selling point is that Conor might only have a couple fights left anyways, which would make the GSP fight much more reasonable to the promotion. Its all about $ and promotion to those guys.

GSP would retire in a heart beat after collecting 25+ from a McG fight. Everybody eats when McG is around.

Such a simple solution

GSP vs winner of McGregor/Khabib at a catch weight (160-165)

- Won’t have to worry about the cut for GSP (155 might be too much for him)
- Not for a title so if GSP wins and leaves he doesn’t fuck up the division
- If McGregor/Khabib win their star power gets even greater
- If they lose it takes a dent, but they’d still be the legitimate champion and can build it back in a single title defense

This fight doesn’t need a belt to be big. The names alone will make the biggest fight in mma history.

Well, am I everyone? You were quoting my comment, dumbass.

You speak of Mighty Mouse but TJ offered to fight Mighty Mouse in his own division. He didn't ask him to move up.

As for Ronda/Cyborg, I couldn't care less about WMMA.

The fact is, you can't duck someone who competes in a heavier weight class than the one you compete in.

I agree with u bro lol

Back