Dana white explains why UFC has taken over boxing.

The Olympics piggy backed of Spence Jr.

Also how many times this year did the UFC pull in over 10m viewers for a single event.
Because I know boxing did a few times, but you must not count global numbers in your argument do you?
Spence/Bundu did 6.34 million at NBC with Olympic lead-in. Average was 4.8 million
UFC last night did 5.99 million at FOX overnight (expected go up). Average was 4.7 million (expected go up)

Those are higher than typical NFL/NBA/MLB numbers. UFC is one of the biggest sports in North America right now.

Not in Europe it ain't and especially in the U.K., boxing has actually never been bigger over here.

We come from a land where fighting is done with your fists, we don't wanna see grappling. I've never understood this fascination with no holds barred fighting, if I wanna see a street fight I'll go down the pub and even then In all the street fights I've seen or been in I gotta say I've never once heard someone say "I'm gonna out grapple you"

The sole point that MMA fans point to as to why they prefer MMA is that it's more akin to street fighting but is it? In the street when someone's on the floor they stamp all over there head, they bottle you from behind, bend a cosh over your head...that's not legal in the UFC is it?

Then again street fighters do have a lot in common with mixed martial artists, neither can punch properly and none have any chins which they insist on sticking out there with their hands down.

I love threads like this, it's like a shopping list for sad insecure cunts to put on ignore.

Cool. Now post a video on how shitty music sells a lot better than good music.

The UFCs popularity will always require a circus around it. If there is not a big WWE style personality the sport will fizzle.
There is a fanbase that likes the sport for the technical aspects of it.... but it's a smaller group.

The UFC needs a big hype machine to superimpose a marketable persona over fighters to make them lucrative. If Ronda were a shy, humble, keep-to-herself type she would never have been popular on a large level. She needed a lot of sass and make up (and photo shopping (and submissives)) to whet the appetite.

Take out the theatrics, take out incentive pay to keep fighters standing and trading (opposed to the grapple-bore fests of 1998-2003) take out the 'guiding hand' of a centralized puppeteer and you've a sport that ebbs back into obscurity.

Dumb attempt at a slam.

Not a slam, just the facts. MMA is a higher class of fighting and is about a hundred times more entertaining to boot.

If there is not a big WWE style personality the sport will fizzle.

282EABC200000578-3064194-image-a-60_1430485602830.jpg

Dat circus.

Not a slam, just the facts. MMA is a higher class of fighting and is about a hundred times more entertaining to boot.

282EABC200000578-3064194-image-a-60_1430485602830.jpg

Dat circus.

Tyson was becoming unhinged and alienating fans at that time.
UFC needs that constantly to remain viable.
Floyd pandering to Mexican fans isn't the same as what the UFC does.

No 'maybe' about it. UFC is indisputably bigger than Boxing in the United States. The fans have grown tired of seeing politics, money, and ego get in the way of matchups. On top of giving fans the fights they want to see, the UFC is just the more entertaining product overall.

UFC was popular in canada for 5 Years or so, now most of the free cards arent available and if they are they are in a huge tape delay. I think it's popular in the uk but when I was in germany most of my friends didn't even know what it was let alone like it.

Boxing is the shitty music in this analogy.
I only agree with this because UFC is giving you fights you want to see.
In boxing we'd see Ronda get 2 tune-ups with a crap undercard and charge us PPV for it. They are giving us Khabib/Ferguson eliminator for Conor McGregor.

Yeah the UFC pays like shit but they are still giving the fans what they want to see, not Canelo vs Smith for $60.

I only agree with this because UFC is giving you fights you want to see.
In boxing we'd see Ronda get 2 tune-ups with a crap undercard and charge us PPV for it. They are giving us Khabib/Ferguson eliminator for Conor McGregor.

Yeah the UFC pays like shit but they are still giving the fans what they want to see, not Canelo vs Smith for $60.
Funny, I paid nothing for it because I have the sky sports package.

I just watch box nation or sky sports usa really milks money that's not the way it's done world wide.

2017 looks to be a strong year for boxing

Al haynin bless

Back