Dana white explains why UFC has taken over boxing.

4493342.jpg

It has taken over boxing.
Boxing is still the more lucrative sport and garners the bigger ratings.

Good post. I think I'll skip the vid, but it's the same thing @Seano has been saying for years. @Sunfish, too. So Dana is a little late to the party as far as I'm concerned.

UFC overtook boxing long ago. Some say it started in the '70s. The mass exodus.

Good post. I think I'll skip the vid, but it's the same thing @Seano has been saying for years. @Sunfish, too. So Dana is a little late to the party as far as I'm concerned.

UFC overtook boxing long ago. Some say it started in the '70s. The mass exodus.
Before 1993 no one ever threw a kick or tried to takedown someone.
Then the UFC came, and all of a sudden mankind evolved, and figured that these legs arent just for walking but you can actually kick someone with them and the world seemed brighter and Dana on the 7th day, said "Let there be light...."

Boxing. Stupid. Mayweather is just lucky he ducked Conor. Can you even imagine how easy to hit Floyd would be for Conor? Absolute bloodbath. That would be the end of Floyd and a testament to Conor's boxing greatness.

Boxing. Stupid. Mayweather is just lucky he ducked Conor. Can you even imagine how easy to hit Floyd would be for Conor? Absolute bloodbath. That would be the end of Floyd and a testament to Conor's boxing greatness.
Oh absolutely.
Conor has like a bunch of tools, and while that doesnt matter unless your building a house, he also has a bunch of different fighting disciplines that he has to learn. So if he just focuses on boxing, (and using basic math) he should just be really good at boxing if he just focuses on that.

Its like if Conor wanted to be in the NBA, he could because he has to learn so much in MMA, that basketball would come easy.
2 years of training and Conors averaging 25pts a game, bare minimum.

Im just afraid if I don't give him enough praise that maybe he'll get upset and throw one of those half full Aquafina bottles at me like he did Diaz.

It has taken over boxing.
Boxing is still the more lucrative sport and garners the bigger ratings.
No it doesn't, Paige Van zant just did more ratings than Thurman-Porter did. The only ratings success for boxing this year was Errol Spence going off the back of the olympics, if the UFC did that they would have doubled Spences numbers.

Boxing definitely has a more prestigious history, but MMA is still a very young sport and look what the UFC has been able to accomplish in such a short time, taken over the PPV market and are getting networks to bid for their rights unlike Haymon who literally has to pay people to show his garbage.

Boxing gets hardly any mainstream media attention anymore, May-Pac pulled the curtain back and exposed the horrible truth of the sport to everybody.

Boxing is just gaming a point system, people wanna know who the baddest man on the planet is not who can game a certain system to win a "fight".

No it doesn't, Paige Van zant just did more ratings than Thurman-Porter did. The only ratings success for boxing this year was Errol Spence going off the back of the olympics, if the UFC did that they would have doubled Spences numbers.

Boxing definitely has a more prestigious history, but MMA is still a very young sport and look what the UFC has been able to accomplish in such a short time, taken over the PPV market and are getting networks to bid for their rights unlike Haymon who literally has to pay people to show his garbage.

Boxing gets hardly any mainstream media attention anymore, May-Pac pulled the curtain back and exposed the horrible truth of the sport to everybody.

Boxing is just gaming a point system, people wanna know who the baddest man on the planet is not who can game a certain system to win a "fight".
The Olympics piggy backed of Spence Jr.

Also how many times this year did the UFC pull in over 10m viewers for a single event.
Because I know boxing did a few times, but you must not count global numbers in your argument do you?

maybe in the usa. When I was in europe UFC was about as wel known as Aussie rules football.

maybe in the usa. When I was in europe UFC was about as wel known as Aussie rules football.

No 'maybe' about it. UFC is indisputably bigger than Boxing in the United States. The fans have grown tired of seeing politics, money, and ego get in the way of matchups. On top of giving fans the fights they want to see, the UFC is just the more entertaining product overall.

May vs Pac ruined boxing for casuals all that promo for nothing. I never seen a fight become such a utter joke to people after watching it. What makes you think ppl are going to want to tune into a boxing match if that is the best boxing has to offer? I love boxing, but some things gotta start changing because causals are leaning towards MMA nowadays and also the boxers who need to fight each other almost never do.. Kovalev vs Ward was a miracle Lol. I could go on n on about this really.

No 'maybe' about it. UFC is indisputably bigger than Boxing in the United States. The fans have grown tired of seeing politics, money, and ego get in the way of matchups. On top of giving fans the fights they want to see, the UFC is just the more entertaining product overall.

Go fuck yourself.

The Olympics piggy backed of Spence Jr.

Also how many times this year did the UFC pull in over 10m viewers for a single event.
Because I know boxing did a few times, but you must not count global numbers in your argument do you?
No, Spence piggy backed off the olympics, that's how a lead-in works. Nobody talks about boxing anymore except hardcores, we're not gonna change opinions, just recognise that your sport has taken a back seat.

Okay okay. Everyone pat an mma fan on the head. They aren't getting enough attention.

This fucking topic again? Why are some people so insecure that they need to always try and attack boxing? What's important to me is what I like more. I don't care about numbers. I like boxing way more and that's all that really matters. I don't base my favorite movies or music off of what's most popular.

He hesitated and said "I would say yes"

He clearly doesnt want to alienate boxing fans to the UFC.

Back