Dana White doesn't know who Luke Thomas is and curses him out on Twitter

I get that and honestly I don't think my solution is very popular but I'd like the women's division cut (or at least have it's own brand like invicta) and I'd like top 20-30 guys in each division to stay and the rest get cut

That way we get non-stop high level fights and everyone can fight around 3 times a year

I get where you are coming from. Although wouldn't you basically be happy so long as the PPV were solid all the way thru? I mean if there is one or two free events it really doesn't impact you at all as you just don't watch the ones you think aren't worth it. And at the same time guys that might not have had a chance to showcase their talents are discovered and the sport may grow overall.

I think they can definitely stand to get rid of some of the total PPVs and that would probably satisfy people on both ends. JMO anyway

Better MMA> More MMA

Dana White coming off as a huge asshole in his replies.

Sheesh, just read the whole Twitter exchange. Someone needs to ban Dana for 2 months from makign any public comments or using any social media. He has made an ass out of himself about a dozen times in the last 2 months. If he could go 2 without incident he might be able to dig out of the hole. And the only way I see him making it 2 months without representing poorly is if he doesn't open his mouth at all

there was a thread earlier but it was magically in the wasteland haha

I really enjoy Luke Thomas on the MMA Beat and his live chat. He is probably my seconf favourite journalist other than Ariel Helwani. He is very smart when it comes to the english language.

Well more MMA is better because they need to expand.
Better MMA is also better, but I don't feel like ppv cards are getting watered down. If it is, it's because of injuries and stars like silva and gsp out

That was a tweet about the Bellator prelims from last night. lol

It wasn't even about the UFC.

Well, he said 'Dear ALL MMA promoters' so it's safe to assume he was including the UFC. He makes no secret of the fact he doesn't like too many/'watered down' UFC cards when he appears on The MMA Beat and in his MMA Fighting columns.

He's a very good journalist but he's also an elitist snob. Notice in those replies how he doesn't say a word to Dana but is more than prepared to put others down, even going so far as to mock their standing in life. I have seen him do that numerous times on Twitter. He got defensive with me when I questioned him about his fascination with GSP gossip a few months ago. He's one of those people who thinks they're more important than they actually are. He'd do well to develop a bit of humility and have more of an open mind.

I'm with Dana on this one.

Didn't Luke do some promos for the Rousey-McMann fight? And a few other fights too? Giving interviews for those highlight videos etc.

Lol this, he was in promo for Faber vs Barao 2 also.

Dana snapping at people like some mobster...cue in front picture of Men's Fitness

danawhite-mensfitness.jpg

and justifiably so.
That's the thing, even when Dana might be correct on-point (depending on someone's opinion) it is how he carries himself or how he phrases it that is just killing him lately

I mean for starters, the guy is president of the UFC. Maybe he should stop going on Twitter and getting in insult-filled exchanges with random people.

The things i liked about him in the beginning, like not being a typical stuffed-shirt exec, have started going too far the other way. Too often he is just bashing his own fighters and arguing and swearing and coming off totally out of control. He is like a buddy that maybe you bail out of a few fights cause he is always running his mouth but eventually you let him take an ass-kicking because he isn't learning. I can not believe someone in that company has not gone to him and suggested he reign it in for a while

What was White responding to?

And lol at sherdogs pretending to not know Luke "the leader" Thomas, senior editor of MMAFIGHTING and all round badass.

mhbis1isdky6sbm81f4y.jpeg

I had no clue who he was. Face looks familar but I can't say I give a shit about his opinion.

And with that how do you sign the next wave of stars? So you cut everyone but only keep the big names nad maybe the mid level guys, where is the room for the prospects that will become tomorrows champs?

oh yeah, they get signed to exclusive deals nad become Bellator champs and WSOF champs and then UFC fighters like Shogun, Hendo get old and who replaces them?

I understand the event feel is missing for most events except the really big ones like 168. I get that, before when you didnt see prelims and you didnt have many events everyone felt big and you were dying to see mma so even cards that you look back on now that werent great they felt bigger back then.

But so what, I dont watch mma for an event feel I watch it cause I love the sport, its why I spent last night watchign Bellator and RFA, why I spent my sat watching UFC and tonight is Glory and Boxing. Its why next week its Bellator, UFC, OneFC etc.

Its why I go to Ring of Combat shows and watch Russian streams for M 1, so maybe I'm just too into mma and thats why I dont mind having 45 events a year and 26 Bellator events and an AXS card 40 Fridays a year.

But if all you are in this sport for is the big event feel then I dont know what to tell you.

UFC is running a bunch of free shows on FS1/Fox, the PPV arent bad, 171 172 are great events, fight pass I think pushed some people over cause now you have to pay for more fights but 10 bucks for events like today along with TUF Brazil and the fight library to me is worth it. If you dont then dont get it and lets be real most of the people who complain stream teh shit anyway. They just like to bitch about things.

this right here

and on a side note the word journalist is used as subjectively and freely as the word art the guys opinion means nothing more than mine or yours

That's the thing, even when Dana might be correct on-point (depending on someone's opinion) it is how he carries himself or how he phrases it that is just killing him lately

Ha! It's the way he phrases things that makes him interesting. I'll take him over any boring suit that typically run other sports. You can always count on him to say something entertaining, whether you agree or not.

I read the twitter thing and he is correct.
Does Dana really type like that ? - wow.

Ha! It's the way he phrases things that makes him interesting. I'll take him over any boring suit that typically run other sports. You can always count on him to say something entertaining, whether you agree or not.

I would rather a professional who can help Mma progress.

lol Luke Thomas, ALWAYS has to mention that he does mma in his spare time. For the most part he has good opinions but goddamn he can be annoying with some of them.

And lol at Dana not knowing who he is when he talks on their fucking countdown shows.

This made me look at the twitter of Dana white.
Is it normal for a grown man to type like a 13 year old girl on twitter ?.

Back