Dana White doesn't know how to promote Miocic. More like afraid to promote him.

So being an unproven male Stepford wife with a 6 pack, and being a powerful black guy have more to offer in a promotional sense than an affable, firefighter who has KO'ed a slew of the most accomplished(and recognizable) names in the HW division? Really?

100% yes

Don’t forget rescuing kittens from trees. Pretty much everybody loves kittens.

Come at me, bro ???

a02bd1240d23e7217cccc0f0f13c7b51.gif
smiling-cat-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f63b.png

I love you

smiling-cat-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f63b.png

other than the fact that Stipe is obliterating the best fighters in the world -- let's overlook that minor detail -- he's basically a lot like the avg UFC fan. His firefighting job just adds to that problem. UFC-guy is looking for coked up guy who throws around money like it's water and bangs every 'ho in sight. They don't want to watch their neighbor who takes out the trash and goes to work monday morning, fight for the title.

It's sad to say but the average fan is that stupid. They want to see a shit talking, money spending grease fire. That's the reality.

Dana could easily produce Keeping up with the Kardashian’s.

He should stick to being a goof as that is what he is best at.

Wait a minute...when MM is concerned everyone says "you have to promote yourself". How is it that now when Stipe is involved it's all of a sudden "Dana's fault"? Maybe he should take the same advice you all give MM (learn to promote yourself and stop whining about money).

They do a really shitty job with both of them. Having said that, Miocic is even easier to hype than Johnson, yet they still fuck it up.

other than the fact that Stipe is obliterating the best fighters in the world -- let's overlook that minor detail -- he's basically a lot like the avg UFC fan. His firefighting job just adds to that problem. UFC-guy is looking for coked up guy who throws around money like it's water and bangs every 'ho in sight. They don't want to watch their neighbor who takes out the trash and goes to work monday morning, fight for the title.

It's sad to say but the average fan is that stupid. They want to see a shit talking, money spending grease fire. That's the reality.

Some of the fans, sure (well, a lot of them, actually, but certainly not all of them), but there have been a lot of fighters like Stipe throughout the history of combat sports who have been massively popular. I mean, hell, they could at least try to push the whole blue-collar fire-fighter angle.

Remember when Gegard Mousasi was just like "fuck it" and started wilding out every chance he got? That's what Stipe needs to do.

Some of the fans, sure (well, a lot of them, actually, but certainly not all of them), but there have been a lot of fighters like Stipe throughout the history of combat sports who have been massively popular. I mean, hell, they could at least try to push the whole blue-collar fire-fighter angle.

Like who? Fedor was not like Joe six pack. He lived in Siberia, he didn't say anything you could understand, and he didnt' got back to his job at the fire station. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with Stipe -- I'm happy just watching him fight -- but the average fan wants something out of a movie, not their next door neighbor (they see that everyday).

As for "a lot of fans" vs "all fans", combat sports survive on mass appeal and the average fan. There aren't enough hardcore knowledgeable fans to support the sport.

Stipe needs to start coming to the cage sculling 2 beer cans wearing a vest with 3:16 on it. He's already got the voice mastered.

Like who? Fedor was not like Joe six pack. He lived in Siberia, he didn't say anything you could understand, and he didnt' got back to his job at the fire station. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with Stipe -- I'm happy just watching him fight -- but the average fan wants something out of a movie, not their next door neighbor (they see that everyday).

As for "a lot of fans" vs "all fans", combat sports survive on mass appeal and the average fan. There aren't enough hardcore knowledgeable fans to support the sport.

I was thinking boxing.

To the casuals,yes it would seem so
Has it occured to you that those casuals are unaware of Stipe or have failed to connect to him because of the company's promotional shortcomings?

In the WWE era where someone like Conor can talk and act like he does and make millioins and millions yes. It is sad, stupid, shallow and unnecessary but yes they would rather have a fucking dick head than Stipe. It is unbelievably stupid and I think really shortsighted honestly. Quality- Stipe does more in the long run than quantity ass hats like Conor IMO.
Yes, being a bombastic dipshit can get you noticed but it isn't the only way for you to be a star. Being an asshole isn't the only marketable personality type.

doesn't seem to me that UFC and Dana do not know how or are afraid to promote stipe - it's more like they are never really trying..

Thr promoters job is to put as many eyes on thr fight as possible, UFC does that and then some. They also put up all the money for literally everything involving the event. Of course if Stipe were a bigger star they would in tyrn make more money but it doesn't make sense to lose money trying to figure out how to make him one. You either got it or you don't and no amount of promotion is gonna change that.

We should really be looking at Stipe's managers in all of this, they're the ones who should be pushing their talent.

look at him.. he still thinks that UFC fans are retards..

of course they can push anyone..

They do a really shitty job with both of them. Having said that, Miocic is even easier to hype than Johnson, yet they still fuck it up.
It's as if the UFC expects their fighters to get over in spite of the lack of proper promotion. And when they don't mature into solid attractions the UFC just shrugs their shoulders and go "meh. that's why we didn't invest into to them". It's basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Back