Dana White credits Jose Aldo for UFC 218 ticket-sales boost

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/dana-white-jose-aldo-ufc-218-ticket-sales-frankie-edgar-broken-orbital

“We’re going to find out how hungry Jose Aldo is and how bad he wants that belt back,” White said Tuesday in Las Vegas. “He’s getting this opportunity because Frankie fell out. Life is all about jumping on those opportunities. I actually liked it that Aldo wanted this fight like that. It’s awesome. I’m excited. I’m excited for that fight.”

Before anyone got a chance to add a follow-up question, White segued into more praise for Aldo (26-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) – who meets Holloway (18-3 MMA, 14-3 UFC) in Saturday’s UFC 218 pay-per-view headliner at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.

“You know what’s funny?” White added. “So, the Detroit show is on par to sell out. We’re selling out. The show’s going to be a sell out. You know when you’re going to sell out because of how many tickets you have left and how many days. We put Jose Aldo on the card, and – (vanishing sound). Tickets. Yeah.”

200.gif

You know the UFC is desperate for star power when Dana White is sucking Aldo's cock of all people.

I'm not surprised. Dana has nothing but nice things to say about the fighters

You guys are morons if you don't think Jose Aldo is a MASSIVE draw. said nobody ever

giphy.gif

Jose Aldo was always his friend.

Last edited:
Well His profile has been raised over years with Conor and UFC 200, also people are probably intruiged to see if the rematch will play out differently. It was an exciting fight, so that helps with hype. plus that brazillian boost...as covington would say u know animals travel in packs.

So is Aldo a draw now?
What does this say about Frankie's star power?

I hope this doesn't mean more immediate rematches on the horizon.

If people cared more about fighting than WWE-style antics than Aldo would be one of the biggest draws ever.

If people cared more about fighting than WWE-style antics than Aldo would be one of the biggest draws ever.

Caring more about WWE-style antics is a proud American tradition and will lead us into greatness.

Vgg1hdE.gif

You guys are haters. Jose Aldo isnt a massive draw but hes a bigger name than 95% of the roster. I'm fuckin bummed I wont get to see him live in Winnipeg.

Aldo on the card means that this PPV goes from 200,000 PPV buys all the way up to 225,000 PPV buys.

Sad but true.

Casual fairweather WWE queers are absolute trash.

Dana talking about the sellout reminds me of Trump. I actually saw trump saying that as I was reading it.

Back