Dana to Flyweight haters:Don't ever buy our fights again. You're a moron. You don't like fighting.

I like fighting, but I don't think it's right to exploit midgets for our entertainment. Sure, they're 2/3 the size of a normal-sized man, but they're still people! Little people with big dreams and hopes, like you and me.

Time stamped from an old conference:

Dana White said :

I never gave you any money anyway, Dana. Won't start now that your product is the shittiest it has ever been.

1jvs5g.jpg

Wasn't buying anything in the first place

Wrong. Watching midgets without power isn't entertaining, and pretending it is doesn't make you a more serious fan, but rather a shill.

Well, this is just as stupid as what Dana White said. De gustibus non disputandem. You can't argue taste.

Well, this is just as stupid as what Dana White said. De gustibus non disputandem. You can't argue taste.

You can argue based on viewership numbers which proves people don't watch, hence don't give a shit, hence aren't entertained. Quod erat demonstrandum.

You can argue based on viewership numbers which proves people don't watch, hence don't give a shit, hence aren't entertained. Quod erat demonstrandum.

Yes, if you were making the point that most people don't find flyweight fights entertaining. But you weren't. You said anyone pretending to find flyweight fights entertaining was a shill.

Unless you were trying to say that anyone pretending that flyweight fights were entertaining to the masses was a shill. In which case I offer my apologies for misreading you, because I would agree.

It's easy to see that most people just aren't into the lower weight classes, particularly as regards flyweight. I'm guessing most fans have some sort of limit to their interest in smaller fighters that seems to start kicking in around lightweight. Like there's some issue of materiality where fighters of a certain size just don't matter to you as much. But the time you get to 125, most people are under the threshhold of where the fights seem relevant or interesting to them.

In fact, behind all the sloppy throwing around of terms like manlets and all the over the top lionization of flyweights in response, there seem to be some interesting psychological principles about how someone's physical appearance or size affects how we relate to them.

Personally, I respect flyweight fighters, but I admit it takes more effort for me to care about that division than welterweight. That said, it's easy to understand why someone without the same limited interest would find the fights entertaining: there are several very skilled fighters at the top of the division and the fighters are fast and have cardio for days.

Yes, if you were making the point that most people don't find flyweight fights entertaining. But you weren't. You said anyone pretending to find flyweight fights entertaining was a shill.

Unless you were trying to say that anyone pretending that flyweight fights were entertaining to the masses was a shill. In which case I offer my apologies for misreading you, because I would agree.

Anyone claiming to be interested by manlet fights is either family/friend of the fighter or a lying shill.

If ever there was going to be a thread to share streams....

He has a point. If you don't like Mighty Mouse you arent a true fan of the sport, as far as Im concerned.

Jokes on Dana, I haven't paid for a UFC Pay Per View since 2011

Back