Dana to be UFC boss for 10 more years; squashes 'UFC is dying' rumors

I honestly don’t think I can take another ten years with this guy. The way he publicly backstabs loyal “company” fighters makes me ill. At one time I thought Dana and Rogan were the cat’s ass. Then I grew up.

I really hope he is not around that long.

You do understand what 'figurehead' means, don't you?
He’s always been the figurehead even when fertitta bros ran it. They just gave him more leeway to make deals. He can’t make backend deals anymore. WME has teams that deal with the fighters now. Dana just works on what he considers “big” deals and avoids painful ones like Diaz bros.
In the end, he doesn’t have make the “big” decisions concerning the company.

What if a potential replacement continued to do the good things he does, but eliminated the foolishness? And they were more formally educated? Just sayin'.

Black Paladin, MBA for UFC President.

oh well. we're stuck with the bald goof for a while, it seems

He’s always been the figurehead even when fertitta bros ran it. They just gave him more leeway to make deals. He can’t make backend deals anymore. WME has teams that deal with the fighters now. Dana just works on what he considers “big” deals and avoids painful ones like Diaz bros.
In the end, he doesn’t have make the “big” decisions concerning the company.
Exactly, So how would WME takeover a figurehead? WME is and has been in control, hence why it is getting boring and is pure entertainment these days.

UFC isn’t as big as before but it’’s still pretty mainstream

Expect a retirement announcement from Dana whilst on a beach in Tahiti within the next few weeks.

At this point, whoever WME replaced him with would probably be even worse.

“I’m in, baby, I’m in,” White said during a one-on-one interview with the Toronto Sun. “I’m about to do a new 10-year deal with these guys. So I’m not going anywhere. This is what I love to do. I have a plan for this company over the next five years and I’m gonna bust it until it happens, ya know.

“What am I gonna do? I’m 49 years old. I’m gonna sit at home every day or go to Tahiti? How many times can you go to Tahiti until you get tired of that? Being on vacation all the time would be no fun. Retirement sounds horrible to me. I want nothing to do with retirement.”

There you have it, right from the horse’s mouth. His run as UFC prez isn’t close to being over.

“(The company can get) so much bigger,” White said. “The plans we’re working on right now for the next five years … every time somebody says we’ve peaked, we take it to another level, take it to another level, take it to another level. Remember that we sat here today and we talked and I said to you, ‘Wait to see what we do in the next five years.’ ”

“People said to me, what are you gonna do when Chuck Liddell’s gone?” he said “What are you going to do when GSP goes away? What are you gonna do when Anderson Silva is gone. Then when Ronda is gone. They say it to me all the time. They said the NBA was in big trouble when Jordan retired, they were going to go out of business.

“You’re always gonna have critics, you’re always gonna have naysayers and people who bet against your business. I promise you, in five years, we’re gonna be going holy s***, remember five years ago? That I promise you.”

https://torontosun.com/sports/mma/u...ut-to-walk-away-from-companys-global-takeover
------------------------------
dana-white-twitter-660x400.jpg

images

010611040103dzg9isp1757gdu.jpg

images
You forgot this97FD822A-5CD3-4530-BA70-B4B626ACF8FF.jpeg
Also
THE UFC IS DYING...

Dana said he’s sticking around for 10 years?

Retirement eminent confirmed.

That's a relief. Imagine the UFC with some boring suit in charge? :confused:

Hope the big man gives himself a well deserved raise.

Exactly, So how would WME takeover a figurehead? WME is and has been in control, hence why it is getting boring and is pure entertainment these days.
They need him to guide them. They have no experience running a fight promotion. Dana has been defanged but if he leaves. UFC will be run into the ground.

Well duh.. his job is a vacation 24/7.

oh shut up

the ufc is dying

i am the source

Back