Dana says that the UFC is worth $3.5 BILLION, maybe more.

ch0rx

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
dana.jpg

Per the Financial Times...

I try to get him to give me a tutorial on the economics of cage fighting. The top three fighters, he says, have made fortunes of $30m dollars or more.

"I’m completely ego-free"...bullshit. What he means is he wouldn't dare contradict his bosses.

PPV's are down, but they're sold almost exclusively in North America. Between all the new divisions and all the other countries they're trying to break into, I'd be shocked if total viewership and revenue isn't up.

Doesn't mean I trust Dana at all, on anything, including '3.5 billion'.

PPV's are down, but they're sold almost exclusively in North America. Between all the new divisions and all the other countries they're trying to break into, I'd be shocked if total viewership and revenue isn't up.

Yeah, 3.5 billion might be pushing it.

No way is the UFC worth more than the Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, etc.

So the UFC is now worth about as much as the Dodgers? :)

Forbes or the WSJ quoted them as between like 2 and 4 billy recently. Too lazy to google.

Yeah. But they can throw up any number they want, no one is paying billions for the UFC. That's for sure.

This article is ironic because Dana himself devalues the whole organization. He belongs in WWE.

"3.5 billlllliooooooonnnnnn...", he whispers in my ear. He lets his lips trace their way down my neck, his breath quickening. There is the faintest hint of the decadent cheeses Dana had lustfully partook upon, but also something else. Something... desperate. His sense of fear was palpable as I turned back to look in his eyes.

They were crazed, darting all over the place. His earnestness was aparrent, but it went beyond that. He had to make me believe what he was saying, no matter the cost. I saw a slight quiver in his lips as he said, "Y-you've heard of Ronda Rousey, right? Everyone's heard of her! She's made over twent- no, thirty million dollars just this year alone! The real money is in Pay Per View sales, you see. And we hide those numbers just to really rile up you reporters!" I nodded in agreement, but not because I believed what he was saying, but because I had no idea what he would do if he was questioned. He was like a cornered beast, I knew if I brought facts into the equation he would have to recourse left to him but to violently lash out at everything around him.

I slowly began to look towards the door as he continued, "She does a million buys herself, and we reward her well for her hard work!" I gave him another nod, trying to placate this insane creature. He lept from the table suddenly, pressing himself upon me. "You know... I'm a pretty young guy, and I'm completely ego-free...", he rasped, his mouth curling upwards into a smile. His right hand slowly moved down towards my belt as I realized my torture was just beginning. "So... you wanna be an Ultimate Fighter?" were the last words I heard...

Lol, funny how Real Madrid alone is worth 3.3mil$, yet according to Dana the UFC is bigger than soccer! :D :D :D

"3.5 billlllliooooooonnnnnn...", he whispers in my ear. He lets his lips trace their way down my neck, his breath quickening. There is the faintest hint of the decadent cheeses Dana had lustfully partook upon, but also something else. Something... desperate. His sense of fear was palpable as I turned back to look in his eyes.

They were crazed, darting all over the place. His earnestness was aparrent, but it went beyond that. He had to make me believe what he was saying, no matter the cost. I saw a slight quiver in his lips as he said, "Y-you've heard of Ronda Rousey, right? Everyone's heard of her! She's made over twent- no, thirty million dollars just this year alone! The real money is in Pay Per View sales, you see. And we hide those numbers just to really rile up you reporters!" I nodded in agreement, but not because I believed what he was saying, but because I had no idea what he would do if he was questioned. He was like a cornered beast, I knew if I brought facts into the equation he would have to recourse left to him but to violently lash out at everything around him.

I slowly began to look towards the door as he continued, "She does a million buys herself, and we reward her well for her hard work!" I gave him another nod, trying to placate this insane creature. He lept from the table suddenly, pressing himself upon me. "You know... I'm a pretty young guy, and I'm completely ego-free...", he rasped, his mouth curling upwards into a smile. His right hand slowly moved down towards my belt as I realized my torture was just beginning. "So... you wanna be an Ultimate Fighter?" were the last words I heard...

10/10

Awesome!!!! just awesome.

That means the UFC is worth roughly $7 million per active fighter.

LOL

Well done, good sir.

"UFC will be bigger than soccer in 10 years."
- Dana in 2008.

Back