Dana rooting openly for Ngannou and booking fight as soon as possible. What do you think about that?

OK, I shit on Dana a lot, and for the most part, I honestly couldn't give a crap about him, and not in the bad sense, but the literal sense. He doesn't come up on my radar as someone to give a crap about, BUT, I give him a little leeway, because it's completely unrealistic to thinks promoter with as many fighters that he has, he's gonna be completely impartial, openly, and privately.

C'mon, this is a business at the end of the day, and to have a HW champ that looks like what most casuals would think a HW champ would look like is a good thing for him, and the UFC, so eh, whatever really.

He just wants to dethrone Stipe, maybe he thinks that he'll be able to control Ngannou more because they're investing a lot in him. But when we put all these things aside, just from perspective of a knowledgeable fan, does that lack of respect towards Stipe bothers you? Or are you just numb because Dana has done it so many times before, and he just wants to earn more money, and more money he sees in Ngannou.

I never know what people are getting at with these threads... since when are fight promoters not supposed to have a preference for who wins? If ANYONE is invested in the outcome of a fight, it's the promoter.

Don King promoted both Buster Douglass and Mike Tyson... you think he wasn't irritated when that shit went down?

I never know what people are getting at with these threads... since when are fight promoters not supposed to have a preference for who wins? If ANYONE is invested in the outcome of a fight, it's the promoter.

Don King promoted both Buster Douglass and Mike Tyson... you think he wasn't irritated when that shit went down?

Not that you are wrong, but TS has yet to show how dana "openly rooted" for him

Dana knows Ngannou could bring in a new audience. Of course he roots for him, nothing new there.

If Conor McGregor looked, fought and acted the same way he always has, but was born and raised in America he wouldn't have gotten near as much special treatment because they've already got plenty of American star athletes, but being from Ireland he brought in a bunch of new fans who never cared about MMA because they never had a champ to represent them, so Dana and the Fertitas absolutely loved the guy.

Personally I don't think Ngannou has the charisma to be a big star no matter how hard they market him, but he does have that knock out power to be champ and looks like a beast.
Stipe makes a good champ and has enough charisma and a likable enough attitude that they should promote him, but he doesn't potentially appeal to any untapped market.

Dana has always had his favorites and his whipping boys. He'll come down hard on one fighter and give another a pass for doing almost the exact thing. He engages in petty games of revenge. He'll shit on the people he's supposedly "promoting" loudly and publicly. He's the least businesslike of businessmen.

It's unsettling. It's unsavory. And yet we lap it up, because the passionate disregard for evenhandedness reminds us of ourselves as fans...

Because Miocic has being playing hard ball in the latest negiotations. Unlike Ngannou who comes from the school of Dillashaw and will take whatever the UFC gives him and feel grateful.

*Note
Never do that.

He just wants to dethrone Stipe, maybe he thinks that he'll be able to control Ngannou more because they're investing a lot in him. But when we put all these things aside, just from perspective of a knowledgeable fan, does that lack of respect towards Stipe bothers you? Or are you just numb because Dana has done it so many times before, and he just wants to earn more money, and more money he sees in Ngannou.

Dana may finally bust if Ngannou gets beat.

I think it's time for UFC to get rid of fucking Dana.

Stipe needs to slow the F down when he talks. He doesn't have a voice you can understand when he talks slow.

never look beyond what is currently in front of you.

Back