Dana rooting openly for Ngannou and booking fight as soon as possible. What do you think about that?

Stipe has several KO's to his credit. On paper, he SHOULDN'T be boring... And yet, for some reason, he is. His style isn't flashy, he doesn't appear to hit with much force despite his KO's, he doesn't look particularly imposing, and he has a very bland personality. All that said, I like the guy. He's seems like an honest, down to earth guy, and he has a solid well-rounded skill set. As long as he doesn't try to trade with Ngannou, I think he's got all the tools to beat him.

Cain???? Ko artist?????

giphy.gif
nog,browne, brock and bigfoot the second time were stoppages that started from standing strikes. cain is more a a ground and pound guy i know that, but his ko/tko rate is impressive. as far as ko/tko machines hes one of them.

does he catch shit or is he (even worse) just forgettable?

Colby catches shit. and gets fans for his antics. whereas Stipe just calmly fights guys, and usually beat em. recently, beats em fast.

there's nothing controversial about him. and great fighting by itself doesn't sell PPV's. it's been proven time and again.

GSP.

The reason why Stipe isn't popular, in my opinion, is because he seems very beatable in his fights. His loss to Struve doesn't help either.

That makes some sense. But I didn't think think Ngannou was oozing with personality until his last post-fight interview where he revealed himself to be potentially the world's greatest abolitionist

Yep, Ngannou will free Stipe from the entrapment of wearing that belt.

Stipe ... doesn't appear to hit with much force despite his KO's....

That's what I kinda love about him. He's not tossing huge shots. He's just throwing a lot of his punches at like 80% power, but timing them so well and placing his hands so accurately, that it has the same effect at the end of the day. It's really satisfying to watch.

Stipe is close second to worst ppv buy rate in history behind mighty mouse

Dana roots for nobody but Dana and making money.

If it looks like he's rooting for Ngannou it's because he thinks he'll make more money with that fighter.

uhhh What a good boss..NOT!

You can't play favoritism!! Ain't he a promoter? Shouldn't he say something like "oh man this is going to be a back and forth war!!"

So no source? All this bitching because we have another TS talking out his ass? Good ol Sherdog.

he was a fan before he was president.

He just wants to dethrone Stipe, maybe he thinks that he'll be able to control Ngannou more because they're investing a lot in him. But when we put all these things aside, just from perspective of a knowledgeable fan, does that lack of respect towards Stipe bothers you? Or are you just numb because Dana has done it so many times before, and he just wants to earn more money, and more money he sees in Ngannou.

Dana has always shown favoritism to those he thinks will be stars. Sometimes they try to engineer stars (ie: PVZ, Sage), and other times it occurs naturally from the fighter's charisma/style (ie: Chuck, Ronda, Conor).

My only problem is when your favoritism extends to their performance. When Dana allows Conor to train at the UFC PI, it was OK because it was in prepping against a boxer. But he allows Ngannou to train there (and sleep there apparently) to fight other UFC guys? Like what high end MMA gym has 1/10th of the state of the art equipment the PI does? What if Stipe wants to train there exclusively too? Does Dana print out a schedule and says you guys pick your hours?

So my gripe is you can play favorites in every other aspect other than their training/performance. Hook him up with jet rides, cars for gifts, movie appearances, but you're going too far if you even give him free protein powder.

Is he looking for a fight?

Dana just said not long ago that it's been so long that Cain won't get an immediate title shot though. However, he's the only one of the OG's left that Stipe hasn't beat.
I'm assuming he is, saw an article that says Cain back to training on sherdog front page, and yes those two never fought eachother

Stipe has several KO's to his credit. On paper, he SHOULDN'T be boring... And yet, for some reason, he is. His style isn't flashy, he doesn't appear to hit with much force despite his KO's, he doesn't look particularly imposing, and he has a very bland personality. All that said, I like the guy. He's seems like an honest, down to earth guy, and he has a solid well-rounded skill set. As long as he doesn't try to trade with Ngannou, I think he's got all the tools to beat him.
Miocic is gonna dominate, and I'm a Ngannou fan.

Cain???? Ko artist?????

giphy.gif
How awesome was the Benny Hill show, I miss him slapping the old man in the back of the head. Agreed though, Cain is no KO ARTIST, he's a beat the fuck out of them artist, unfortunately though he takes quite a bit of punishment himself during the process.

Dana is gonna be absoutley fuming if Stipe wins. He will be beyond angry. Red tomato face look.

Does he dislike Stipe? nope I doubt it, But you can see he is absolutely head over heels in love with Ngannou,. every time someone mentions Ngannou to Dana his eyes light up, he badly wants him as champ.

Back