Dana put two amateurs on the PPV card, and now he's angry because they looked amateurish

An amateur fighter made his amateur cash cow look like a complete amateur. On the main card. Rogan didn't go along because he's got one foot out the door and is trying to salvage reputation on the way.

What else can he say?

He either says nonsense such as this

Or

He says the truth; that he knew it would go down this way but he did it purely for the freakshow/spectacle/sideshow money it would bring in from people who aren't mma fans. Which only offends one community, people who actually are fans of mma and want to see the highest level of the sport, and paid to do so.

They were professionals.

Does that strike anyone else as ridiculous?

He's bashing the shit out of Mike Jackson - gahhh he doesn't belong in the UFC, that was garbage, I should have put it on the Fight Pass prelims, blah blah.

Yeah, no shit. The guy was 0-2 in MMA (1 pro loss, 1 amateur). He had never won an MMA fight in his life, and you put him on the PPV card. OF COURSE he doesn't belong in the UFC. Neither does his opponent.

It's just amazing to me that Dana is complaining about the performance of an 0-2 guy he chose to stick on his PPV.

to be honest, I think CM was supposed to win... but MJ decided to win instead of cashing in on extra $$ for taking a dive.
Was he looking at Dana when he was on top of Punk?

I think thats the real reason why Dana is mad.

If Mike Jackson didn’t belong then it makes you wonder how Phil Brooks was allowed to fight in the UFC. Yea I get it he’s a “celebrity”, but fuck sakes man have some fucking integrity for the sport. Dana’s little bitch fit is entirely of his own making...
HHUECoM.jpg

^exactly ... as far as fight outcome - what was Dana realistically expecting?

Maybe he could have finished, but the guy is 0-2 and scared to death of getting caught and losing to CM Punk.

He's an amateur and he looked like an amateur, had no clue how to close the show.

That's what you get when you put two jokes on your PPV.

Maybe he could have finished, but the guy is 0-2 and scared to death of getting caught and losing to CM Punk.

He's an amateur and he looked like an amateur, had no clue how to close the show.

That's what you get when you put two jokes on your PPV.
I think Dana and people overrate Jackson’s skills and ability to maybe finish someone even as lowly as Punk

Maybe Jackson sucks at mma?

We tried to warn him! Most of us didnt want to even see punk try a 2nd time, let alone try again on PPV. Dude got doninated by a guy who openly admits he knows his skill level compared to the UFC guys. That's is extremely embarrassing for a company that claims to put on the best fights.

He's bashing the shit out of Mike Jackson - gahhh he doesn't belong in the UFC, that was garbage, I should have put it on the Fight Pass prelims, blah blah.

Yeah, no shit. The guy was 0-2 in MMA (1 pro loss, 1 amateur). He had never won an MMA fight in his life, and you put him on the PPV card. OF COURSE he doesn't belong in the UFC. Neither does his opponent.

It's just amazing to me that Dana is complaining about the performance of an 0-2 guy he chose to stick on his PPV.

LOL, anyone with a tad bit of common sense will agree that Dana bashing this kid is ridiculous...

Seeing two guys who are 0-1 as the first fight on a King of the Cage card? Maybe....But that fight had NOTHING to do on a PPV card...let alone on a UFC card at all.

It was a terrible fight and Dana has no one to bitch at but himself....But am I the only one who enjoyed watching Punk get the shit beat him of him? I was drunk laughing my ass off lol

That's a bit disingenuous of you.
Dana was mad at all the goofy shit Jackson pulled during the fight as if he was some super fighter toying with an amateur. That's annoying as hell! he's the second biggest can in the UFC facing the only fighter he can beat.

Have some respect and athletic integrity and give it your all

Yep. Ts is a dumbass. I think some people on here, live in their own reality.

What do you expect ? Dana admitting it was his fault and that it was just to con people into buying the PPV ?

That's what happens when you put a few extra PPV buys before the integrity of your organization.

Dana being a total hypocrite?

The guy who cut Semtex forever, but is fine with McGregor & Jones?

Maybe maybe not.
It was probably his only fight in the UFC. Got a whole 15 minutes. Good for him.

Yeah people say "he could finish him" like he's a well seasoned pro. The dude was 0-2. It's possible we are overestimating his abilities by a long shot.

Back