Dana: Max Holloway 'too big' to keep fighting at featherweight

I agree with Dana, the difference is he actually has the ability to do something about it. So either implement some weight cutting control measures or let the fighters fight where they can. Obviously if Max misses again then he's gotta go to 155, but if he makes the weight then so be it.
I'm sure Max knows he misses weight today or fails to make it to the cage then this is his last 145lb fight. And rightly so.

I really wanna see this fight happen Saturday as does everyone else. So he should have been dieting down to a do-able weight. Heres hoping.

Holloway is skinny, he can make 145 easily and has never missed it. I expect him to make weight with ease tomorrow.

I don't know where some of you guys are getting he missed weight, he never has.

Ok, but it does. Not sure where you are going with this? Every athlete in the sport cuts weight.
Point is Aldo is known to have tough weight cuts, Mcgregor never missed weight at 145 and neither has Holloway.

Holloway is skinny, he can make 145 easily and has never missed it. I expect him to make weight with ease tomorrow.

I don't know where some of you guys are getting he missed weight, he never has.
The commission stopped his weight cut for his short notice fight with Khabib at 155. His fight with Ortega was called off because he had concussion like symptoms. He hasn't missed weight at 145lbs though so I have no idea what people are talking about.

Point is Aldo is known to have tough weight cuts, Mcgregor never missed weight at 145 and neither has Holloway.
Neither has Aldo. Holloway obviously had a brutal time making it and Mcg moved up.

Dana knows he will sell more fights at 155 he doesn't give a fuck about max or his health. He only cares about selling fights.
LW is stacked enough.. if Max leaves FW that division is pretty much dead

Dana knows he will sell more fights at 155 he doesn't give a fuck about max or his health. He only cares about selling fights.
Max's issue is weight cutting it seems. Yeah of course Dana is about selling fights, but I think he really doesn't want Max killing himself. He's an ass at times, but i don't see him wanting Max to move up for just money purposes. Al though, a rematch with Conor or Poirier would be cool. Different fighters, different weight, and different time.
Hopefully Max beats T-city.

Back