Dana - "Jones pulled out of UFC 170 because of lingering issues from the Gus fight"

I'd rather him be in top shape when he faces Glover (mental and physical), so there are no excuses like after Gustaffson.

I don't think he'll be the same ever again. Wouldn't be surprised if Glover beats him easily.

I don't think he'll be the same ever again. Wouldn't be surprised if Glover beats him easily.

He is going to get Bader'd.

ib0wOzzcnDbIWI.gif

Meaning he'll restore a false sense of confidence and get caught. Difference being Jones won't be able to look to the ref to stop the fight.

Some of these responses are just ridiculous. Can we have a button that lets people know, when they are being serious and when they are just joking around. This way I can see which people I need to assist in getting mental counseling.

How he is still holding that belt is beyond me. Jones has to be at least a little bit nervous about the inevitable rematch

honestly he sounds a lot like ben henderson after his first fight with pettis. you can tell he wanted to delay that rematch as long as possible.

Damn. Gus really f#$ked him up haha. But really, I'm pretty sure it's a mix of getting punched in the face and also kicking and elbowing Gus's granite head.

Yet somehow he won,... I dont see Dana bitching about that fight at all... All I heard was " dont leave it in the hands of the judges" .... hypocrite!

It has been 2 months since the fight happened. I think whatever "issues" are going on are more mental than physical.

It has been 2 months since the fight happened. I think whatever "issues" are going on are more mental than physical.

This.

Why doesn't GSP get the same treatment if he's having internal problems? Going in 100% physically is the same as going in 100% mentally, you wouldn't want your champion going if either wasn't going good.

give him time if he needs it, 2 months is nothing from the trauma of a fight. they should not rush him.

(btw gus won, crazy there isn't a immediate rematch)

Legs

Why are we not surprised

He looked like he wanted to quit in between rounds, but knew he wouldn't be able to live that down being "GOAT" and all.

The Boy don't like being hit back, his false confidence is gone and not coming back

I bet anything when he does come back he will kick a lot more and run around a lot more. We wont see him throw punches with anyone ever again. Even the old short MW's he was fighting prior. He don't like to fight for real, he only likes when hes winning with the size advantage. He also knows he don't hit hard and young people will be coming for him. He don't want none

You don't watch fights. You are a clown

just like gsp won, vegas had too many guys betting on the underdogs and didn't wanna pay out, so the "champs" won

I think this is true. It has nothing to do with GSP he is a great guy but the odds on Hendricks winning a decision was very tasty. I put some money on that outcome, not a lot but it would have been nice to win that money.

Same with the Gustafasson. With those two fights I learnt a valuable lesson. Do not bet on a decision for Championship fights.

Last edited:
Back