Dana - "Jones pulled out of UFC 170 because of lingering issues from the Gus fight"

Posts like this make me wonder why I post here. Calling someone who fought 5 hard rounds without coming close to mentally wilting, "soft as baby shit".

The keyboard warrior tribe roams the valleys of the ufc discussion forum

the more sensible folk are in the technical discussion forums or mayberry

Alex beat the breaks off him. Sucks being on the wrong end of a beating huh Bones?

In my opinion he needed that beating, he was too cocky. If he gets his head in the right place he can come back even better. If he doesn't tough luck, not mentally strong enough for this sport.

Agreed by many here

Ok, I will say this:

Jon Jones is not a twice a year fighter. He fights next year @ LEAST 3 times in 2014

Can we all agree on that??

If Hendricks will be out for 6 months with a knee injury, does that mean that GSP did the most damage in the fight and therefore rightfully won?
Just because brain damage is a cumulative thing and doesn't show immediately, doesn't mean it isn't there. You won't know someone is a fool until he opens his mouth either, but even if he doesn't; he still is a fool.

it's different because hendricks will be out due to KNEE INJURY which means there might of been a freak accident. it's not like GSP put him in a kneebar and popped his knee lol. Theres possibilities like hendrick stepped on his knee wrong, or he threw a kick and messed it up, or threw a knee to GSP's face and messed up his knee. We all know Gus did more damage to Jones in aside from getting rocked in the 4th by WATCHING the fight and seeing the damage Gus was inflicting overtime. Just like Hendricks was inflicting damage to GSP's face all night long. Jones probably sitting out cause he's recovering from getting the life beaten out of him by Gus.

Ok, I will say this:

Jon Jones is not a twice a year fighter. He fights next year @ LEAST 3 times in 2014

Can we all agree on that??

Not sure if that's the case anymore. His confidence just got wrecked, he has been looking for a way for contenders to fight eachother to eliminate some, and seemingly wants to avoid Gus.

He might start to delay his championship run by not fighting that often anymore. At least until he gets his confidence back.

it's different because hendricks will be out due to KNEE INJURY which means there might of been a freak accident. it's not like GSP put him in a kneebar and popped his knee lol. Theres possibilities like hendrick stepped on his knee wrong, or he threw a kick and messed it up, or threw a knee to GSP's face and messed up his knee. We all know Gus did more damage to Jones in aside from getting rocked in the 4th by WATCHING the fight and seeing the damage Gus was inflicting overtime. Just like Hendricks was inflicting damage to GSP's face all night long. Jones probably sitting out cause he's recovering from getting the life beaten out of him by Gus.

Oh no! A gasp tendrils discussion leaked into another thread again!

*leads without injury*

He should take time off imo.

Jon has been one of champ that defended his titles most frequently in the last couple of years (both GSP and AS seems to have longer breaks than he does)

Not sure if that's the case anymore. His confidence just got wrecked, he has been looking for a way for contenders to fight eachother to eliminate some, and seemingly wants to avoid Gus.

He might start to delay his championship run by not fighting that often anymore. At least until he gets his confidence back.

I think he's gonna lose to Gus in the rematch. People will enjoy him getting beat more than Rory getting his ass handed to him by Lawler

But I thought Gus didnt beat him up?

Thats what the Jones ball huggers told me.

Alex beat the breaks off him. Sucks being on the wrong end of a beating huh Bones?

In my opinion he needed that beating, he was too cocky. If he gets his head in the right place he can come back even better. If he doesn't tough luck, not mentally strong enough for this sport.

He already holds records at his age and he is "not mentally strong enough", some of you folks are idiots, seriously.

Last edited:
I think Gus is in his head big time. That's why he wanted to face Glover instead and why jones was complaining about Gus having an easy road to a rematch. If the thought of the rematch didn't bother him he wouldn't care who Gus was facing next and just focus on preparing for his fight. I think it was a humbling experience for him and one he doesn't want to go through again any time soon. I hope he's not out too long because these title matches have to happen.

Last edited:
Cant wait for Gustafsen to rematch him. Imagine the beating hell get then

:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis

I think Gus is in his heat big time. That's why he wanted to face Glover instead and why jones was complaining about Gus having an easy road to a rematch. If the thought of the rematch didn't bother him he wouldn't care who Gus was facing next and just focus on preparing for his fight. I think it was a humbling experience for him and one he doesn't want to go through again any time soon. I hope he's not out too long because these title matches have to happen.

I think at the end of the fight he thought he lost and was shocked he won.

This Dana guy is fucking weird. This is just PR for himself.

When he announced Jones was out he said "Jone isn't injured. He just pulled out".

Now he's saying "Jones is still injured from the fight".

Nah dude. The guy has been having ongoing injuries for his last 3 title fights - dislocation, open-fracture, and last time he got a good beating.

Shit, learn to let people rest Dana. Jones said right after the fight that Feb would be too soon.

alex beat the breaks off him. Sucks being on the wrong end of a beating huh bones?

*brakes*

I bet he is still beat up from that @ss whooping he received. He lost and he knows it.

Dana white said the guy who inflicts more damage wins the fight after the gsp-hendricks fight

funny....

Back