Dana - "Jones pulled out of UFC 170 because of lingering issues from the Gus fight"

He said that right after the fight, his head was still scrambled, lol

LOL probably... Gus is the first/only one that took it to him and hurt him badly..Its not just the body, but he need to adjust his mind and approach for the rematch.

Gus vs. Glover interim if we need it.

Lol. Are you kidding me about the Interim title? He'll be out for a few months not a year or two. Jones win rematch 50-45.

Lol. Are you kidding me about the Interim title? He'll be out for a few months not a year or two. Jones win rematch 50-45.

Lol I said "if we need it"...implying should jones wind up needing to take more time off than anticipated. Dudes toe got fucked up and now his leg- no laughing matters. A lot of jones success is leg attacks (big reason why he was able to narrowly edge Gus) and explosiveness for his wrestling.

He's dealing with the emotional damage that he received from the absolute mauling he put on Gus. Jonny B is just too nice for the sport.

x2wk.jpg

didn't dana also say it was not because of injury?

dana is full of shit.

Much better to take an extra month to heal from a lingering thrashing than to get back in the gym too soon and give yourself and honest-to-God injury. It sounds like the fight won't be delayed too badly.

He was carried back to the locker room and wheeled away on a stretcher, that takes a minute to bounce back from. He made it clear he wasn't thrilled about facing Gus again when they said they should give Gus a tougher fight.

He has taken a beating in each of his last three fights. Near arm-break against Vitor, toe snap against Sonnen, all-out war with Gus. Better to wait until he's really ready to get back to training. Don't wanna pull a Pettis and jump back in too early.

Not really surprised...first time Jones was in a fight.

Lol I said "if we need it"...implying should jones wind up needing to take more time off than anticipated. Dudes toe got fucked up and now his leg- no laughing matters. A lot of jones success is leg attacks (big reason why he was able to narrowly edge Gus) and explosiveness for his wrestling.

NO! Just No....the main reason he escaped Gus is the judges......

Hmmmm, well I'm glad he's not coming back too early if he's still shook from that fight. This should only make him stronger.

Come its obvious he has a fragile psyche like GSP.

The guy fell in love with himself after beating up a bunch of 5'11 light heavyweights and when he finally fought a guy his own size he got beat up.

NO! Just No....the main reason he escaped Gus is the judges......

I couldn't have been happier seeing Gus doing awesome against Jones. At the same time I think the fight was arguable either way and didnt see it as a robbery.

He has taken a beating in each of his last three fights. Near arm-break against Vitor, toe snap against Sonnen, all-out war with Gus. Better to wait until he's really ready to get back to training. Don't wanna pull a Pettis and jump back in too early.

Shogun had been in 10x as many wars and had 100x as much damage to his body by the time he fought Jones, yet you like most sherdoggers probably shit all over Shogun.

Newsflash Jon Jones fans, this is fighting, you get hurt, you dont recover, every injury makes you slower, less explosive and in many cases, more afraid to get hurt again.

Back