Dana - "Jones pulled out of UFC 170 because of lingering issues from the Gus fight"

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is apparently still feeling the effects of his rough UFC 165 title defense against Alexander Gustafsson.

That's what UFC president Dana White says anyway. In the post-fight media scrum following UFC 167, White addressed the reason why Jones pulled out of his UFC 170 title defense against Glover Teixeira despite the bout just being announced a few days ago:

"Jon Jones went back in the gym and just didn't feel good. He said his legs were still bothering him and his eye is bothering him. He still banged up from that fight."

Here is the full article

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/18/5118492/ufc-white-jon-jones-out-170-injuries-teixeira-gustafsson

I am getting this feeling Jones will never be the same again because of this Gus fight :(

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is apparently still feeling the effects of his rough UFC 165 title defense against Alexander Gustafsson.

That's what UFC president Dana White says anyway. In the post-fight media scrum following UFC 167, White addressed the reason why Jones pulled out of his UFC 170 title defense against Glover Teixeira despite the bout just being announced a few days ago:

"Jon Jones went back in the gym and just didn't feel good. He said his legs were still bothering him and his eye is bothering him. He still banged up from that fight."

Here is the full article

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/18/5118492/ufc-white-jon-jones-out-170-injuries-teixeira-gustafsson

I am getting this feeling Jones will never be the same again because of this Gus fight :(

He will be fine.

Hmmmm, well I'm glad he's not coming back too early if he's still shook from that fight. This should only make him stronger.

Ehhhhh....suck it up and fight.

UFC 170 was 4 months away when it was announced...and he backed out immediately....

I think that fight being so close rattled him.

that was a life changing fight for sure. its going to be interesting to see how they both come out of it.

amount of maulage should be considered in fight

Bones isn't hurt physically, he's hurt mentally. He discovered what it is to fight a real LHW and not some small MWs

Alex beat the breaks off him. Sucks being on the wrong end of a beating huh Bones?

In my opinion he needed that beating, he was too cocky. If he gets his head in the right place he can come back even better. If he doesn't tough luck, not mentally strong enough for this sport.

Can't wait for Jones to crush Glover. Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.

Back