Dana is playing the waiting game with Khabib

KMaN21

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

I think Dana is hoping the commission gives Khabibs friend basically a lifetime ban so the UFC will have no other reason than to cut him. I think thats why Dana is so hesitant to go into details about how they worked it all out. Dana still wants to have that last lifeline of not having the UFC give into Khabibs demands publically. I wouldnt be surprised if Dana gives his friend Trump a call to ban the guy from never visiting the US again. That way Dana cant be blamed by Khabib for cutting the guy. If the government or the commission does Danas job, Dana is hoping Khabib will stay despite his friend getting cut.

If the government or the commission wont ban the guy, I think thats when Dana will come out and give all the details and basically indirectly admit defeat. Til then, we have to wait. So Dana is playing the waiting game right now.

This is only my theory though. Yours?

Commission is working with shorter bans 6 - 12 - 18 months type of thing. The fine will hurt more then a few months for Khabib, we shall see next week what news we get.

The UFC is the one doing that 'lifetime ban' thing and it's clear they backed off, Khabib got what he wanted is my guess.

The fact the fight vs Artem is canceled is because of the incoming commission ruling and they don't want any new incidents between the camps, tensions are high in a short time span.

Commission is working with shorter bans 6 - 12 - 18 months type of thing.

The fine will hurt more then a few months for Khabib, we shall see next week what news we get.

The UFC is the one doing that 'lifetime ban' thing and it's clear they backed off, Khabib got what he wanted is my guess. The fact the fight vs Artem is off is because the incoming commission ruling and they don't want any new incidents between the camps, tensions are high in a short time window.
Khabib made 15 million.

The fine will be like a drop in the bucket.

So his friend gets a lifetime ban, but Conor doesn't despite attacking a bus full of people which could have maimed or killed someone had that metal dolly hit someone's head?

The same Conor who even injured someone that he had to pull out of a fight the very next day?

And the commission hypothetically banning Tukhugov doesn't mean the UFC has to. They hold a dozen cards outside the US, correct? He could fight in any of those from Latin America to Europe to China.

Dana isn’t a sherdogger. Most of the time sherdoggers jump to conclusions and demand action NOW, and most of the time Dana lets things play out a bit longer.

Not taking action on this issue today is only the most recent example of this.

I think it's the opposite. Dana is just not speaking on it until everything blows over

Khabib made 15 million.

Well if he gets 6 months ban it doesn't really affect him, it's kinda the normal brake he would have taken anyway.

But a fine on his big purse could easily be half a million and that kind of money is what he made in terms of purse for winning the tittle in the first place.

Yes the fight was huge so he made bank from PPV's so yea it's not the end of the world if he loses half a million, consider it investment for the future rematch and for his brand, that moment is stuck in history now.

Khabib made 15 million.

Ali tweeted 50 cent "Khabib probably made around like 15 million." When a manager uses the words "probably" and "like" it tells me he made around 10-11 million. With 30 percent fine that's 7 million. After taxes that's around 5.5 million. After paying Ali his 10%.. that's 5 million. Does AKA get 10% for half-camps? That's 4.5 million. At best if the PPV broke records, Khabib was only being paid a flat 2 million. I think this could be why there is still hold up in Khabibs case as his purse hasnt been fully calculated yet. Unless you have a better source.

Ali tweeted 50 cent "Khabib probably made around like 15 million." That tells me he made around 11 million. With 30 percent fine that's 7.3 million. After taxes that's around 5.8 million. After paying Ali his 10%.. that's 4.9 million. Does AKA get 10% for half-camps? That's 4.4 million. At best if the PPV broke records, Khabib was only being paid a flat 2 million. I think this could be why there is still hold up in Khabibs case as his purse hasnt been fully calculated yet.

You mean for use in negotiating ?

You mean for use in negotiating ?
For use in being a sleazy manager trying to raise the value of his client and just talking shit to a once-rich rapper on twitter. Khabib is aiming high hoping the UFC gives him around a flat 10 million. 5x higher than last time. Which is much more than reasonable if were talking profit margin splitting in other sports. He deserves more than 10 mil plus PPV tbh.

Conor-McGregor-Bus-418x445.jpg

Ali tweeted 50 cent "Khabib probably made around like 15 million." When a manager uses the words "probably" and "like" it tells me he made around 10-11 million. With 30 percent fine that's 7 million. After taxes that's around 5.5 million. After paying Ali his 10%.. that's 5 million. Does AKA get 10% for half-camps? That's 4.5 million. At best if the PPV broke records, Khabib was only being paid a flat 2 million. I think this could be why there is still hold up in Khabibs case as his purse hasnt been fully calculated yet. Unless you have a better source.

He is using probably because they don't get the final numbers and payment yet, from my understanding UFC takes it sweet ass time to pay them for PPV, it's quite possible then still didn't payed them the money from the PPV at best just a first payment.

This is what I kinda got from this PPV industry and I also suspect he doesn't want to reveal the pay himself like a manager just give estimates at best. He was leverage for the rematch, they will get a better deal done.

So his friend gets a lifetime ban, but Conor doesn't despite attacking a bus full of people which could have maimed or killed someone had that metal dolly hit someone's head?

The same Conor who even injured someone that he had to pull out of a fight the very next day?

And the commission hypothetically banning Tukhugov doesn't mean the UFC has to. They hold a dozen cards outside the US, correct? He could fight in any of those from Latin America to Europe to China.
Doing an end around on the commission is very bad business. They won't do that for Khabib let alone his nobody teammate.

Oh and the Conor attack was way worse. Letting Conor and Artem off makes it hard for the ufc to take the high road with Khabib

For use in being a sleazy manager trying to raise the value of his client and just talking shit to a once-rich rapper on twitter. Khabib is aiming high hoping the UFC gives him around a flat 10 million. 5x higher than last time. Which is much more than reasonable if were talking profit margin splitting in other sports. He deserves more than 10 mil plus PPV tbh.
How does he deserve that if El Cucuy, apparently got 255k for his win v Pettis. I'm sure you could say every champion deserves 10 mil plus PPV but it doesn't work like that

How does he deserve that if El Cucuy, apparently got 255k for his win v Pettis. I'm sure you could say every champion deserves 10 mil plus PPV but it doesn't work like that
Because Pettis vs Tony wouldnt have sold shit? Tony deserves a flat million or more for every fight regardless of card position. Does Conor deserve the lions share in comparison to Khabib? Of course, and he got it. They should be equally paid for rematch. If I was Khabib I'd just say whatever Conor is getting I want that. Including whatever it cost to replace a sponsor with proper 12 on the canvas.

Back