Dana Frustrated With GSP(superfight)? "If he doesn

Funny, he beats other "fighters" handily. I guess I'd rather be an athlete than a fighter, not that there's a difference.

Theres a big difference. Some people were not athletes at all like tank abbott but held their own for a while. He was certainly a fighter. Frank shamrock wasn't very athletic either but skilled and a hard worker.

This is quite the contrast to tomorrow's main-eventer, Chael Sonnen. Chael will fight anybody, any time, on short notice, wherever, just call him. He fought AS, offered to fight Bones on short notice, and because of that received this title shot out of gratitude by UFC brass.

He gave AS all he could handle, and lost. No shame in being the only guy to dominate the GOAT for most of a fight. And he might get dominated by Bones tomorrow night, but there's no shame in that either. Former champs have been dominated by Bones.

Point is, I can respect Sonnen. GSP is just so scared of losing. It comes out in his fighting style and now in his business decisions. I suppose that's his prerogative, and he's a hell of a welterweight athlete in any event, but his aversion to losing is going to come with consequences in the eyes of the public and in the eyes of those who write history.

He'll always be regarded as a fantastic athlete, but he's heading toward (or is already within) "asterisk" territory--a guy who when everyone talks about all of his greatness, someone will always say, "yeah, but..."

I couldn't disagree more. If GSP was to retire without fight Silva, it's not something anyone could discredit from him as a fighter. There isn't a great fighter ever that someone doesn't have something negative they could potentially play. From mayweather to Marciano to even silva.

Of course it's a fight we all want to see. The dream fight or super fight if you will but that's all it is. Hendricks is a super fight in the current context of the UFC 170lb division. So were many of GSP's previous title defenses. GSP doesnt have to move up in weight class to prevent a detraction from what he has already accomplished.

I would write about how dominate GSP was in each of his fights. We all saw GSP lay waste to Jon Fitch. He threw every ounce of energy & power he could muster but couldn't put Jon away. Some people just don't have kayo power. However, GSP uses every skill he has so brilliantly. He used his wrestling in reverse that fight. He out jabbed the jabber against penn in their second fight. There is so much substance in each of these fights if your the type that follows the sport the way you should...

Theres a big difference. Some people were not athletes at all like tank abbott but held their own for a while. He was certainly a fighter. Frank shamrock wasn't very athletic either but skilled and a hard worker.

You're comparing now to then. I like your point, but, it's not the one I was making. I was trying to stay current.

ya BJ has been fighting above his weight class, how has that worked out for him?

Penn_face_large.jpg

Listen to the Nate Diaz interview on BJPenn.com He talks about how insane it is for a guy in 170 to fight 185. He says no boxer would ever do that, its like jumping five weight classes for them.

its been pretty clear for years that gsp has no interest at all in fighting gsp.

i understand that this is news, though im unsure why this is news.

gsp even ducks himself!

meanwhile anderson's dream fight is "his clone"

SilvaBelfort10.gif

u4Kag.gif

Don't blame him to be honest.

This.. I think he would get smashed and the fight between Anderson and Jones is the one i want to see.. I think Silva wins as well!

Considering what Silva does to fighters bigger than GSP can't really blame him.

Just funny though how a couple of years ago everyone was saying how GSP would wreck Silva but now that Silva's just started clowning everyone nobody wants the fight.

Did Silva get better or GSP get worse?

Considering what Silva does to fighters bigger than GSP can't really blame him.

Just funny though how a couple of years ago everyone was saying how GSP would wreck Silva but now that Silva's just started clowning everyone nobody wants the fight.

Did Silva get better or GSP get worse?

Perception changed. Skill level of neither fighter changed.

I don't even care anymore. I am just waiting for him to retire so WW can become interesting again. I think he'd beat AS though if he had a little time to bulk up and increase strength. His wrestling is as good as Chael's and his striking is better, he has great top control. I think he's mad not to do this. It would put him into no. 1 spot p4p.

I don't even care anymore. I am just waiting for him to retire so WW can become interesting again. I think he'd beat AS though if he had a little time to bulk up and increase strength. His wrestling is as good as Chael's and his striking is better, he has great top control. I think he's mad not to do this. It would put him into no. 1 spot p4p.

So, you thought the division was interesting when Georges was out and Carlos was interim champ and didn't fight anyone? Give it a rest.

You know how many PPVs the Nick vs Baby Jay fight sold? 250k

TS, you think Dana is tired of Georges selling a million PPVs? That's how many he sold against Nick. Come on. Use your brains.

If gsp doesn't want it, then that's up to him. He knows if he goes up it less then a 50/50 chance of him winning. If by some chance he does win then he's now middle weight champ and has to keep fighting bigger guys. If he then loses or loses ago Anderson he's going to hurt his body (kidneys) dropping the muscle mass and trying to make weight at 170. There are weight classes for a reason. Let's play in the right ones.

This thread sucks. Nowhere in the interview can anyone conclude that Dana is frustrated with GSP. Yet all you fools come in here yap like its the truth.

White belt saying a p4p all time great isn't a real fighter - pretty standard.

I wouldn't want to fight Anderson either.

There is a reason Anderson is P4P #1. I think the two fairest options are AS drops to 170lbs or they fight at 177.5lbs. I believe Anderson will win either way. Jones vs Anderson is the fight to make.

Does he not want to challenge himself?

Exactly, If he can get through Hendricks and possibly Ellenberger and Maia it really is time for him to step up and challenge himself. I really don't get why Anderson gets so much flak but GSP is praised on these boards. At least Silva goes out of his comfort zone every once and a while.

Back