Dana Frustrated With GSP(superfight)? "If he doesn

SilvaBelfort10.gif

u4Kag.gif

Don't blame him to be honest.

A thing of beauty.

Shocking news! GSP has decided to take the fight with Anderson Silva BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Jones vs Silva makes more sense, both guys are closer in size

Point is, I can respect Sonnen. GSP is just so scared of losing. It comes out in his fighting style and now in his business decisions. I suppose that's his prerogative, and he's a hell of a welterweight athlete in any event, but his aversion to losing is going to come with consequences in the eyes of the public and in the eyes of those who write history. but..."

GSP and Sonnen have two different roles in the UFC.

GSP is a champion who is being asked to fight someone he will most likely lose to and a loss for GSP hurts him economically as well as his legacy as a fighter who has fought and bested the contenders in his weight class for several years. A loss to Anderson would have many negative consequences for GSP.

Sonnen is a jobber who losses the big fight but draws his fans based on his talk. He is expected to lose the Championship fights so there are no negative consequences. Sonnen has no legacy to protect and losing the the big fight is what is expected from him and he gets paid to draw in his fans en route to a loss.

Not sure if dense or trolling. I'll assume dense and answer what is obvious to most. GSP is content with fighting "safe" to secure a win. He rarely takes risks to finish an opponent. Other fighters are known for going out in a blaze of glory and are not reluctant to put themselves in danger to KO/TKO/Submit their opponent.

Your post started out well, but, went south. People like to say GSP is scared to lose. What does this even mean? That he should be okay with losing? BS. All athletes are scared to lose. None of them want to lose. Georges is a perfectionist. If the only knock against Georges is that he doesn't finish, I'll take that all day. As long as he wins, I don't care.

Somethings arent worth the money. However, If he wants to fight the best that would be AS. I am completely content with the status quo.

Not sure if dense or trolling. I'll assume dense and answer what is obvious to most. GSP is content with fighting "safe" to secure a win. He rarely takes risks to finish an opponent. Other fighters are known for going out in a blaze of glory and are not reluctant to put themselves in danger to KO/TKO/Submit their opponent.

Yeah. I got that. I addressed it in my next post. I was all revved up with no traction.

I can tell you for sure GSP won't be fighting on Foxsports. Really, you're gonna take a guy who's is your biggest PPV draw but doesn't really have the kind of fights that will attract new fans and put him on foxsports card?

Think GSP/Silva shit is done. Even though he's still winning, I think Georges has lost half a step since the surgery so Jones/Silva is more interesting now. GSP/Hendricks will be good too.

GSP has no motivation to risk a violent loss and brain damage, he already makes ridiculous money and just likes the idea of racking up more title defenses at welterweight. He is probably the highest paid fighter and throwing a extra few million at him for a superfight isn't going to help, it is obvious he fears losing (the way he fights) even at WW, but when you have the kind of expectations on you he does, it kind of makes sense.

Yes, see: Stann vs. Wanderlei.

Now, maybe that wasn't smart by Stann. He took a loss in a fight he probably could have won. But I don't think it hurt him economically.

GSP does have more to lose than Stann or Sonnen. Then again, so does Silva, but he finishes. So does Bones, but he finishes.

But in any event, it's not a matter of whether a person's actions are justified economically. A lot of things would be justified economically but don't explain human behavior. Chael would have been justified in running away the last minute of round five of his first fight with Silva, but he didn't. And that's kind of the crux of the issue.

Justified economically does not mean justified as a sportsman in the competitive tradition of martial arts, does not mean justified in the public eye, does not mean justified in the annals of history, and does not mean justified in terms of value / entertainment provided to the fans. If you care about money more than all of those things, then that is within your agency and rights. But people have a right to judge you for it, and that's what you're seeing with GSP. It's outrage at what people feel ultimately is a non-sporting and selfish approach to his time in the Octagon.

Honestly, it was bound to happen. Excuse after excuse. "My poor weight." "It's too difficult."

Real fighters step up to the plate. Anderson fighting at 205 after a single phone call. BJ Penn, moving through WW and LW and being a champion in both divisions.

Anybody still prefer to see GSP vs Andy or has the era of Andy VS Jones begun?

http://www.bjpenn.com/gsp-missing-the-boat-ufc-boss-now-prefers-silva-vs-jones/

I disregard any article from BJPenn.com that talks about GSP. First of all, i watched the media scrum and Dana did not look frustrated at all, but quite relaxed when talking about Hendricks vs. GSP as the fight that will be next. No disrespect to BJPenn.com, but all their articles and headlines get sensationalized to make a story more than it is. Penn is still the LW GOAT though!

It's kinda funny how this stuff usually comes from bjpenn.com. Is that just a coincidence?

Big GSP fan here, but I gotta say, GSP doesn't want to sign on the dotted line until Silva's starting to show signs of regression. Or ''exposed''.

He gave AS all he could handle, and lost. No shame in being the only guy to dominate the GOAT for most of a fight. And he might get dominated by Bones tomorrow night, but there's no shame in that either. Former champs have been dominated by Bones.

Ryo Chonnan and Daiju Takase both dominated "the GOAT", but unlike Sonnen, they both actually managed to win.

Back