Dana finally confirms Conor is being stripped, and Cucuy vs Khabib is for the actual title

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
He hemmed and hawed at the live conference when pressed about Conor being stripped, but he's now confirming it.

Says Conor understands, and wants time off after making a ton of money with the Floyd fight. Dana says he hopes McGregor will fight the new champ when or if he returns.

So we now FINALLY know the division is moving forward and we will have a new, undisputed champion on April 7th. No 'double champion' BS.

Timestamped:

The only thing I hate about it is Conor doesn't care about belts, so he can surrender it as a strategic move to not have to fight both Khabib and Tony back to back. I'm glad he was stripped but I would be much more happy if he had to take some fights to get back to a title shot. There should be a penalty for refusal to defend.

Last edited:
Its-About-Damn-Time.jpg

Tony's been the champ for a while anyway the people that should know, know that shit.

Yeah Dana's said a lot of shit...

DONTBELIEVE.jpg

Lets include the transcript instead of the clip

Nice

The kicker is he'll be given the opportunity to win the belt again without ever defending it.

The only thing I hate about it is Conor doesn't care about belts, so he can surrender it as a strategic move to not have to have both Khabib and Tony back to back. I'm glad he was stripped but I would be much more happy if he had to take some fights to get back to a title shot. There should be a penalty for refusal to defend.

Conor doesn't need belts anymore. He has enough belts at one of his many homes. He is WAY bigger than any belt.

that doesnt seem like a credible source....

He should be stripped at this point, but I'll wait till it's official before believing it.

I'll look forward to him fighting the winner whatever happens.

The process of stripping him has officially begun. Still no word on how long it could take..

This is so dumb. Everyone's sharing shit like this this morning. Actually watch the source video. When asked if McGregor will be stripped, Dana sidesteps the question like the most craven politician. Legitimately does not answer, just says McGregor understands the division needs to move on. At no point does he say McGregor will be stripped.

Conor doesn't need belts anymore. He has enough belts at one of his many homes. He is WAY bigger than any belt.

And that is one reason I don't like him and think he's bad for the sport. Titles, lineage, and legacy matter.

<Cage33>

Hope cutting the head off of two divisions to make that Connor money was worth the long term damage to the sport.

Back