Dana: Cody vs TJ officially off. Plans for TJ v DJ in August

Who wins?

• Total voters
Well shit, if this happens that will win the best of the littlest midgets a good bit of respect.

Oh wait DJ ducking already. Lucky it's not up to him though I guess.

Accept the fight or vacate!

Sorry, I'm confused. Are you talking about GDR, Garbrandt, McGregor, Woodley or Bisping? They're all trying to pick their opponents.

Yeah quite a few people would be, it would easily be his biggest selling fight. But he's ducking it.

This is actually an even more interesting fight than Cody vs TJ. But I won't get excited until DJ signs the contract.

Come on mighty mouse.

This is embarrassing, if MM doesn't take this fight his legacy is shot. He finally has a shot to fight someone who's proven to be champion material and he's running away from it.

This is a stupid fight. If TJ loses, how does that effect his title fight at 135? And if he wins, does he no longer have any interest in fighting for the title at 135?

Makes no sense for someone who was lined up for a title fight in his division.

It completely fucks up TJs place in his division win or lose. Not sure what the point is.
I'm really interested in the fight but I agree with the issues raised here. Plus I'm not into these one and done title fights. If TJ's not going to stay and defend at 125 just make it a 130 catchweight. Otherwise we just end up with a shithouse situation like we have at LW.

At 135, DJ has a slim chance against Cody, RJ, or Dom. Of those 3, I think DJ has the best chance against Dom, just because of wear and tear and fighting age. If they moved down, changes a lot, depending on how much they weigh on fight night.

If the fights are held at 125, and assuming they're similar in weight come fight night, I actually think DJ has the best chance to beat TJ, then Dom, then Cody, in that order. TJ, because he doesn't utilize his wrestling as well as Dom, and Cody's his worst style match up, simply because he's a good enough wrestler to avoid most of his TDs, and he'd box him up on the feet.

But, I understand I could be completely underestimating him, and his kicks cause Cody a lot of problems, and mixes his grappling with his striking to confuse him enough, and wear him out enough to earn a decision, buy just don't see it. And TJ and Dom are tough mathups, because they have the wreslting to avoid most of his TDs, have a more dynamic offense on the feet, and probably just as strong as DJ in the clinch.

Really tough fights to call. I'd have to see how they all look at 125, before I could actually break those fights down, and give a prediction, and also see how much strength they'd lose, or speed they'd gain, and how much size they'd lose at 125. You never know how different a fighter looks at a lower, or a higher weight class. Could either look like the same studs, get worse, or maybe even better.

Last edited:
Damn! I really hope Dildoshaw gets this fight and i hope he KsDJTFO! TJ made 135 more interesting for me so i hope he wins and makes 125 interesting.

Fuck Mighty Mouse and the Mighty Squad.

Back