Dana: 165lb title fight isnt happening

If they do add a 165 division

WW goes to 175
MW stays at 185

I have always been against the idea of adding 165. But I must admit, when I saw the headline (fake or true) I did get a bit excited and suddenly could see all the possibilities of a new weight division.

Literally means that they are working on the ppv promo advertising the new light-welterweight division now.

And they'll even be dumb enough to call it light-welterweight instead of Super Lightweight

Wait, did nate just troll the entire mma world? That's hilarious
<34>

He gave Dana the Stockton Tweet-Slap.

agqBMlF.gif

They should’ve had conor returning to the ufc for the 165 belt. Instead, they got him against khabib who is a fuckin wrestling master. Imagine they did Conor vs nate 3 for the 165 belt. Doesn’t matter anyways, win or lose against khabib, I really think Conor will fight for the 165 belt right away. He had history with porier and nate .

Hope it's fake. Don't want to see LW and WW watered down. I do want Diaz v Poirier to be 5 rounds though.

They scrap the 170 belt and make it 165.
? Nice 1. Since 165 is here, I’m pretty damn sure welterweight will be at 175 now. 165 most likely will be called “super lightweight or light welterweight. Better off if they name it light welterweight tho.

After the New York bus incident, Conor vs Khabib was the only fight to make. There’s real, unscripted beef there that was video taped and went uber viral on mainstream sports news and every social media. I had people texting me about it who never text me about mma. Plus both guys are arguably the best in this division (and Ferguson too) and that needs to be sorted out as well. If promoted right this fight could sell twice the amount that Nate vs Conor for a fake new belt would, and with it trending above 2 mill projected buys, it very well could.

How are you going to scrap the 170 belt when Woodley has it, this makes no sense at all. Create a new division and just assign the champ from the previous non existing division? Fuck all this talk of 165, do you really want fighters fighting in 4 or 5 divisions? What a cluster fuck the roster and rankings will be.

What’s the name of this division?

The super light weight division?

Back