Dan Severn's MMA Debut, UFC 4

Respect to Mad Dog for taking on someone like Dan. He even worked some decent elbows for this era.
304667.jpg

Nah, Severn by devastation. Same with Kimo if he didn't give Royce a nice tuft of hair to hold on to.
Beast DID GNP Hoyce, many punches in the guard... Dunno how Severn can invent this story now...

Grabbin´ Kimo´s hair was indeed a bitch move from Hoyce, but Kimo could have easily cross-faced with more conviction... If u watch again, you´ll see that Kimo remained somehow passive...

Remember feeling the commentator would have beaten any of the competitors that night. Severn's performance confirmed it for me.

Great video...the good old days, it was an exciting time and these guys were legit. And Big John with the black Kobra Kai Rex Kwon Do pants!

How the hell are you an ammy fighter but saw that live? Wasn’t that 1994 or so?

Yes. I haven't fought in years. Had a bad car accident 9 years ago that put an end to my fighting days. Still train regularly and stay in shape though.

Yes. I haven't fought in years. Had a bad car accident 9 years ago that put an end to my fighting days. Still train regularly and stay in shape though.
Ah. Thought it might be something like that. Sorry to hear about the car wreck. That sucks.

I watched it live and that might have been the most electric sporting thing I have ever seen.... Also when Dan did his post fight interview pumped up and said something to the effect of "that's the heart of greco wrestling " referring to the suplex was just incredible .

Anyone who has Fight Pass should watch UFC 1-6 in order. An era of its own.

Did Anthony Macias throw the first knee stomp in mma in this match ?

Back