Dan Rafael: rumor Canelo/Chavez Jr does atleast 1 million buys

That's a lot of upset people.

Canelo is a star.

People dont realize how big of a draw Chavez Jr is.

On Dec 10, when Showtime had the Mares and Charlo card, and HBO had Terence Crawford/Molina card, Chavez Jr fought at some unknown random Spanish channel and drew almost 300k viewers.

He also trended more than Showtime that night.

People dont realize how big of a draw Chavez Jr is.

On Dec 10, when Showtime had the Mares and Charlo card, and HBO had Terence Crawford/Molina card, Chavez Jr fought at some unknown random Spanish channel and drew almost 300k viewers.

He also trended more than Showtime that night.
You mean "was" not "is." I bet he doesn't draw or get #s ever again.

I didn't even think it would come that close

Now makes me wonder how much the ggg fight will do ?

No wonder Sanchez was clamering on and on about a possible trilogy

there was a grand total of 300k bet on the fight with betfair whereas joshua/klit had over 4mm bet and 1.5mm ppv buys

in mexico, the fight was free.

no, the fight did not do 1mm ppv.

Casual fans always watch the wrong fights.

CAnelo should be ashamed for playing it Floyd safe and not going for the KO. You get paid millions to entertain - try to take him out.

I really don't get Canelo's popularity. He fights cautiously, hasn't been in any great exciting fights.

Well actually I do get it. He's Mexican and looks white, so he pulls in two huge markets. Plus he's got Floyd's blessing and could be one of Floyd's biggest wins, so Floyd's fans have switched to Canelo fans.

But based on the entertaintment value of his fights, he's pretty meh.

CAnelo should be ashamed for playing it Floyd safe and not going for the KO. You get paid millions to entertain - try to take him out.

I really don't get Canelo's popularity. He fights cautiously, hasn't been in any great exciting fights.

Well actually I do get it. He's Mexican and looks white, so he pulls in two huge markets. Plus he's got Floyd's blessing and could be one of Floyd's biggest wins, so Floyd's fans have switched to Canelo fans.

Expect entertainment when he meets GGG.

And GGG-Jacobs did 170k.

*sigh*

name one fight post-floyd that was boring?

he beat the living shit out of angulo, as was expected. it wasn't competitive, but you can't say it wasn't exciting.

the lara fight was competitive, i personally thought it was pretty great. not the most exciting fight, but canelo pressed as hard as you can against lara, and lara fought back. definitely wasn't a stinker.

the kirkland fight was a fucking shootout. three rounds of throwing bombs, two very nice knockdowns from canelo and a superb KO to finish it. 10/10 for excitement.

the cotto fight wasn't boring at all. 8th round alone made it worth to watch the fight. too bad cotto was already past his prime and too small, but he made it a fight and it was fun.

khan was giving him fits before getting beheaded. pretty exciting.

smith had no business being in the ring with canelo, but it definitely wasn't boring.

this last fight was the only one that i'd actually call "meh", because chavez was durable enough to take it, but refused to dish it out. and that's hardly canelo's fault.

Expect entertainment when he meets GGG.

definitely. but then again, you can expect entertainment any time GGG steps into the ring.

and we're definitely getting a big drama show this time.

<{JustBleed}>

name one fight post-floyd that was boring?

he beat the living shit out of angulo, as was expected. it wasn't competitive, but you can't say it wasn't exciting.

the lara fight was competitive, i personally thought it was pretty great. not the most exciting fight, but canelo pressed as hard as you can against lara, and lara fought back. definitely wasn't a stinker.

the kirkland fight was a fucking shootout. three rounds of throwing bombs, two very nice knockdowns from canelo and a superb KO to finish it. 10/10 for excitement.

the cotto fight wasn't boring at all. 8th round alone made it worth to watch the fight. too bad cotto was already past his prime and too small, but he made it a fight and it was fun.

khan was giving him fits before getting beheaded. pretty exciting.

smith had no business being in the ring with canelo, but it definitely wasn't boring.

this last fight was the only one that i'd actually call "meh", because chavez was durable enough to take it, but refused to dish it out. and that's hardly canelo's fault.

definitely. but then again, you can expect entertainment any time GGG steps into the ring.

and we're definitely getting a big drama show this time.
You forgot to add Mexican style fight =)

Back