News Dan Hooker suffered a concussion

i watch mma to watch a competition not an assault, it became hard to watch and i love violence, that was as bad a beatdown anyone will ever get in the cage because normally the ref or corner or doctor would have stopped it, they had plenty of chances, hooker had a perfect storm of negligent ref ,corner and doctor
ExactlExactly!

Hooker got a concussion because he makes a living by getting punched in the head, let's everyone just calm down.
Had the fight been stopped by the ref or corner earliy, probably the same people would be screaming "premature stoppage" or "the corner quit even though we've seen many comebacks from worse beatings" (just remember overeem/trevis brown for godssakes)

Guy should train in America. With the exception of Robert Whittaker, I feel like the Aussies and the Kiwis just go to Tiger Muay Thai/Phuket Top Team for a training vacation. Hooker's mistake was making a retirement plan too early in his career with his own gym. Should've left NZ and went to America.

Fuck the doctor who let him come out for the 3rd round. He asked Hooker what year it was, and Dan answered 2019.

He did?

If that's true that doctor and UFC are in a ton of trouble.

I kind of agree, but holy shit that game plan was worrisome. All the acclaim his camp has been getting just got shat on. I can't think of a worst gameplan when trying to fight barboza than what hooker did last night.

The sad thing is that he's going to have a hard time getting any momentum back because he'll probably be out for close to a year and then he'll be back to facing non ranked guys.

Game plan was out of the window as soon as a couple of leg kicks landed. It's tough to implement a plan when you can't walk.

The body shots finished so everybody remembers them.. But he waa taking massive head damage.

Should go to bellator now.hes just going to be fighting to pay his healthcare.

This was the worst showcase of incompetent cornering and also refereeing I've ever seen. Late stoppages are justifiable, letting someone like Barboza or JDS try to survive a powerful wrestler is also justifiable.

But Hooker CLEARLY had neurological symptoms as Barboza unleashed blow after blow on him. Why do they have doctors there? Horrible to watch that. A shame for everyone involved in MMA.

Game plan was out of the window as soon as a couple of leg kicks landed. It's tough to implement a plan when you can't walk.

Yeah, except from the moment the bell rang, Hooker invited a fight from range. Everyone knows NOT to do that against Barboza, but hooker invited it for all of round one.

By the time round 2 came Hooker realized he had fucked up, but it was too late by then.

Its a shame Hooker didn't have his main coach, Bareman, in his corner last night. The lead guy last night was his coach before he went to City Kickboxing, a real old school, "just bleed" mentality, dude has a whole row of teeth knocked out. If Bareman was there and Hooker didn't show any adjustments and kept getting his ass beat I think he would have stopped it.

Ref, corner, doctor were all incompetent and should all be canned.

Confirmed Dan Hooker suffered a concussion
fe838a4a2e569937e0adc02e384a852a--newspaper-headlines-world-war-one.jpg

Any other hot takes TS?

to everyone saying he corrected himself by saying 2018 after....like are you serious? If someone asked you what year you're in, how often do you get that wrong? Now if it were jan 2019 and he said 2018, I'd understand because that's just a habit. But he literally thinks we're in the new year, that's not the mark of someone thinking clearly.

Hey I’m curious, is the reason that the ufc didn’t give performance bonus for this fight is that they don’t want to encourage fighters and teams to stay in there and take unnecessary beatings?

Hopefully the ufc gave some extra money to them behind the stage anyway

Hey I’m curious, is the reason that the ufc didn’t give performance bonus for this fight is that they don’t want to encourage fighters and teams to stay in there and take unnecessary beatings?

Hopefully the ufc gave some extra money to them behind the stage anyway

Quit being soft

tenor.gif

Leg was destroyed and his spleen was kicked to the other side of his abdomen.

I couldn't even begin to guess how long it would take to recover from a beating like that. There's no way you come all the way back either.

He said it to the Dr in between rounds. He quickly reiterated it was 2018 after, but that should have been enough for the doc to know something was amiss with him.
to be fair, correcting yourself to say 2018 is almost more impressive than saying 2018 on autopilot. Not that I think he should have come out for the 3rd. Poor guy. Corner/Doc needs to save warriors from themselves.

Back