News Dan Hooker suffered a concussion

Edson punched a hole in his head

Capture3.JPG
I noticed that last night as soon as it happened, too. He was just in autopilot for the majority of that fight. The speed differential while fresh was already nuts; once Hooker was rocked, it just got sad.

Dude is probably walking with a limp and is lucky his organs weren’t ruptured. Corner really should’ve thought about throwing the towel before he ate those last few shots.

everyone who gets knocked out has a concussion. welcome to combat sports buddeh

Only a concussion? I thought for sure he would have at least a broken rib.

Seriously. I thought something on, in or whatever pertaining to his body was broken. Barbosa looked like he got tired of attacking the legs so attacked everywhere else.lol

Barbosa: Oh, he didn't like that last spinning kick to the body, let's attack that now.

That man is too damn tough for his own good but he went out on his shield like a warrior and most fighters would've quit long before.. fighters take whoopings throughout there mma career sometimes its part of the job, hell be back and better than ever I'm sure.

That reminded me of Amaury Bittetti and Don Frye in UFC 9.

That fight was such a one sided beating that ref and doctor should be stripped of their licence.

Dude is probably walking with a limp and is lucky his organs weren’t ruptured. Corner really should’ve thought about throwing the towel before he ate those last few shots.
My point exactly

That man is too damn tough for his own good but he went out on his shield like a warrior and most fighters would've quit long before.. fighters take whoopings throughout there mma career sometimes its part of the job, hell be back and better than ever I'm sure.
Even more politely said

i still believe hooker is top 10, but that was a really bad gameplan and he needs to work on not relying on his toughness as his only means of defense, his head movement wasn't bad when he did use it though.

i think he can fight like that against a lot of the top 10, but it was a really bad choice against barboza, standing in kicking range for half of the fight so by the time he DID start pressuring he already took too much punishment so he was a zombie and didn't have anything on his punches.

I kind of agree, but holy shit that game plan was worrisome. All the acclaim his camp has been getting just got shat on. I can't think of a worst gameplan when trying to fight barboza than what hooker did last night.

The sad thing is that he's going to have a hard time getting any momentum back because he'll probably be out for close to a year and then he'll be back to facing non ranked guys.

Seriously. I thought something on, in or whatever pertaining to his body was broken. Barbosa looked like he got tired of attacking the legs so attacked everywhere else.lol

Barbosa: Oh, he didn't like that last spinning kick to the body, let's attack that now.
The only thing apparently broken is the pain receptors in his brain.

2019 is like 2 weeks away

Give the guy a break

Definitely should have been a follow-up question there, that would really give us an idea of where he was. 2019 is a good ballpark guess, so yeah, can't ascertain too much from that.

What is funny is before the fight many were saying he was gonna whip on Edson because he was training with Israel and that Barboza could do nothing to him. Not even Izzy could prepare him for Barboza as Barboza is completely different style than Izzy.
Guilty.

Signs and symptoms of a concussion may include:
  • Headache or a feeling of pressure in the head.
  • Temporary loss of consciousness.
  • Confusion or feeling as if in a fog.
  • Amnesia surrounding the traumatic event.
  • Dizziness or "seeing stars"
  • Ringing in the ears.
  • Nausea.
  • Vomiting

I'd like to give the ref, the doctor, and the corner a few concussions with a sledge hammer. That was disgusting.

Fuck the doctor who let him come out for the 3rd round. He asked Hooker what year it was, and Dan answered 2019.

The fight should have been waved off on the spot but his team is too prideful, and the doctor too negligent to stop what happened.

maybe the doctor was also concussed and thought it was 2019 too.

P34xJKD.gif

Back