Dan Hooker is the grim reaper of ufc's lw division

Cool...should they only fight guys that you think would beat them?

Go back and read the title

He's the "grim reaper of the LW Division."

He's good, but not the grim reaper of the LW division.

Lol who is this guy?

Dude was ABUSED at 145, goes up in weight, beats a few NOBODIES and now we have a hype train?

Feed this guy to Dariush or Chiesa.
Will quote when hooker dominates fighters better than those bums, filthy brazillian

Somehow I managed to read the title of the thread, thank you.

You responded talking about how top 5ish guys could probably beat him.

Then why aren't they accepting his challenge? Or anyone else?

Yeah, that's the point of this thread...

I'm a extremely biased when it comes to Hooker. As a fellow kiwi I want to see him do well but I also don't want to rush him into match ups he's not ready for. I think someone like Iaquinta or Pettis might be winnable for him but Khabib, Conor, Lee and Ferguson all body him at the moment. Maybe Barboza would be a good fight if he's ranked ahead of him?

Hookers coach wants him to fight Pettis. Hooker himself wants to fight Barboza because he'd be the tougher fight.

Hooker has publicly called out both and got crickets in return.

Hookers coach wants him to fight Pettis. Hooker himself wants to fight Barboza because he'd be the tougher fight.

Hooker has publicly called out both and got crickets in return.
Pettis and Barboza are fairly similar but I agree with Barboza being the harder fight. Slightly better puncher and a bit quicker, Pettis is probably a bit trickier though.

I honestly believe hooker could punch ferguson out and i would definitely bet on him if that fight happened.
Tony's notoriously difficult to put away though, his chin is solid and his recovery is top notch too. I would favor Tony at this point in their careers but I think Dan would take him in 18 months to 2 years time.

Tony's notoriously difficult to put away though, his chin is solid and his recovery is top notch too. I would favor Tony at this point in their careers but I think Dan would take him in 18 months to 2 years time.
gotta go at some point. frankie edgar getting KOd for example. i think hooker is too fresh right now

Lol who is this guy?

Dude was ABUSED at 145, goes up in weight, beats a few NOBODIES and now we have a hype train?

Feed this guy to Dariush or Chiesa.
Burns is a nobody? He’s pretty fucking legit

Even if he isn’t he should get the chance to fight a big name opponent

Last edited:
Taisumov is the real grim reaper of the LW division. He would KTFO Hooker and more guys in the top 10 yet he's unranked.

anthony smith grim reaped rashad amd shogun out of 205 huheuehuehueh
Basically beating up two senior citizens. Volkan will stiff him and make it look easy. He's going to fucking dust this Smith guy. lol at people who think he's actually beaten anyone relevant. dont know which win means less ... Hector, Rashad or Shogun. I look forward to making a small fortune off his next fight when he fights someone under 90 in MMA years. Any real or actual hype going to Smith for those wins is embarrassing.

Gillespie beats him imo

Gregor is a really good fighter who is also making his way up the ladder. Losing to him isn't a bad thing imo.

Still, I think Hooker has potential to be very good here at 155 especially if he continues to get better.

Well he talked about alexander hernandez and paul felder, but felder lost, another cool fight could be Pettis, Barboza, or one of the russian Taisumov, Khabilov or Islam.

Back